Is Covid over?

October 23rd, 2022 at 1:54:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: OnceDear
Having Covid, even mild covid, is a bloody PITA. It's likely to require time off work. It's likely to make it wise to stay away from elderly or vulnerable family and loved ones. It's not something to fear... It is something to take steps to avoid.

But why do I/we bother. It's not like you will ever use or gain anything from my/our reply. You are hardwired now to be non-receptive.

Like, what is it you are expecting? I do not want the vax and the more I hear about it the better I feel about my decision. Otherwise I take sensible precautions. I do not let it rule my life. But I do not let any of the "fear of the moment" things the media puts out rule my life. The people letting the china virus rule their lives are the same ones who think that global warming is ending the world as we speak.

Some people choose to live in fear. I choose to live.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2022 at 2:05:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Like, what is it you are expecting? I do not want the vax and the more I hear about it the better I feel about my decision. Otherwise I take sensible precautions. I do not let it rule my life. But I do not let any of the "fear of the moment" things the media puts out rule my life. The people letting the china virus rule their lives are the same ones who think that global warming is ending the world as we speak.

Some people choose to live in fear. I choose to live.

At least you aren't a delicate flower about being asked to wear a paper mask. Oh wait...
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 23rd, 2022 at 2:09:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
At least you aren't a delicate flower about being asked to wear a paper mask. Oh wait...

I think you mean to say I do not blindly obey and do as ordered.

You have been proven wrong about people loving the masks. As soon as they were not required most people shunned them.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2022 at 2:18:32 PM permalink
rxwine
I think you mean to say I do not blindly obey and do as ordered.

You have been proven wrong about people loving the masks. As soon as they were not required most people shunned them.

Your anti-mask position is a standard issue delicate flower stuff, and you're trying to disguise it as some sort of Patrick Henry issue which won't work with any thinking person. You shame and insult actual freedom fighters.

You're the one who keeps trying to convince everyone people loved masks. Pretty funny and large scale fake news. No need to love them to wear them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 23rd, 2022 at 2:48:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Your anti-mask position is a standard issue delicate flower stuff, and you're trying to disguise it as some sort of Patrick Henry issue which won't work with any thinking person. You shame and insult actual freedom fighters.

You're the one who keeps trying to convince everyone people loved masks. Pretty funny and large scale fake news. No need to love them to wear them.

A delicate flower wears the mask because they are afraid of not wearing it. In the 1770s you would telling people to just pay the stamp and tea taxes as they are for a good cause. You would probably be ratting out the freedom fighters calling them "seditionist" as your posts have shown that is what you think of people who do not fall in line.

I never said people loved masks. YOU and the other maskers said they did. You said everyone loved and supported the mask mandates. Clearly they did not.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2022 at 3:05:21 PM permalink
rxwine
A delicate flower wears the mask because they are afraid of not wearing it. In the 1770s you would telling people to just pay the stamp and tea taxes as they are for a good cause. You would probably be ratting out the freedom fighters calling them "seditionist" as your posts have shown that is what you think of people who do not fall in line.

I never said people loved masks. YOU and the other maskers said they did. You said everyone loved and supported the mask mandates. Clearly they did not.

LOL, I was actually waiting for you to bring up Iranian women and the hijab. See, the Iranian government supported someone who got killed over not wearing it. Now That makes it a real issue. Now they are killing people over trying to support the lady who got killed. The US government never supported killing anyone over wearing a mask and anyone else that attacked someone over it got the appropriate punishment if they got caught.

And an unelected King isn't forcing you to pay taxes over tea or anything else.

Try to learn the difference and stop being a flower.

I don't care about your loving mask lies. Go tell QANON believers. Maybe they'll make you a Shaman.
October 23rd, 2022 at 3:24:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
LOL, I was actually waiting for you to bring up Iranian women and the hijab. See, the Iranian government supported someone who got killed over not wearing it. Now That makes it a real issue. Now they are killing people over trying to support the lady who got killed. The US government never supported killing anyone over wearing a mask and anyone else that attacked someone over it got the appropriate punishment if they got caught.

What on earth does Iran have to do with anything?

Quote:
And an unelected King isn't forcing you to pay taxes over tea or anything else.

Try to learn the difference and stop being a flower.

Point is you would be saying they stormed the government building and threw the tea in the harbor. We know you would fall into line back then same as you do and think as PMSNBC and the DNC tell you to do today.

And I do not know where you were, but the government did try to run people out of business if they did not wear the masks. And you supported it.
The President is a fink.
October 23rd, 2022 at 3:48:28 PM permalink
rxwine
I couldn’t even find one story of one US business closed due to not wearing masks as a single issue. Hairdressers and bars closed because of multiple distancing issues, not masks alone. Restaurants closed if they couldn’t manage on take out. They must have wiped all those multiple stories from the news service.

Btw, being upset about your business being shut down is a real issue. Not your paper cut worthy issue.
October 24th, 2022 at 8:44:08 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
I got the new bivalent booster recently. Once again, zero side effects from the shot other than a sore shoulder.

Wasn’t planning on getting it earlier this year, but with all the cruises I go on these days I figured I probably should. Especially since they’re letting unvaxxed heathens on the ships now…

Jealous of people like you. Seems like a consistent trend at this point whoever had minimal side effects on 2 has had minimal 3-4, and anyone who’s had a rough day or two continues to have that.

Got completely smoked for a day on #2 and side effects remaining over 48 hours after #3, certainly affecting my decision on this one.
October 24th, 2022 at 1:22:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I got the original 2 vax's, and due to health issues my Dr. recommended I not get a booster. Now several variants later, and this latest iteration of Covid taking it's toll, I'm vacillating on this Bivalent booster. I would probably blow it off, but I have pre school visitors coming to stay with us, all totaled for almost 3 weeks. If they have one bug on them, that should be plenty of time to pass it on.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW