Is Covid over?

October 21st, 2022 at 7:53:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Riverjordan
My sentiments exactly. I'm not going to be okay with people coughing and sneezing without masks on just because Covid has been declared over. Even people who cough and sneeze with masks on still makes me uneasy but not as uneasy as people doing that without masks on..

I still see some black people wearing masks in the city.
Also see employees working grocery cash registers wearing masks.
See police wearing masks
Seems those having a job dealing with the public tend to wear a mask
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 21st, 2022 at 8:04:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
I still see some black people wearing masks in the city.
Also see employees working grocery cash registers wearing masks.
See police wearing masks
Seems those having a job dealing with the public tend to wear a mask

I have to imagine some of the continued mask wearing may very well be from a previous bad bout with covid. If the last time you crossed the road you got hit by a car, you'd probably be a little skittish for a while crossing roads.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 21st, 2022 at 9:30:21 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I got the new bivalent booster recently. Once again, zero side effects from the shot other than a sore shoulder.

Wasn’t planning on getting it earlier this year, but with all the cruises I go on these days I figured I probably should. Especially since they’re letting unvaxxed heathens on the ships now…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 21st, 2022 at 3:30:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
My sentiments exactly. I'm not going to be okay with people coughing and sneezing without masks on just because Covid has been declared over. Even people who cough and sneeze with masks on still makes me uneasy but not as uneasy as people doing that without masks on..

Why don't you get the vax then?
The President is a fink.
October 21st, 2022 at 10:42:58 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Why don't you get the vax then?

I am Vaccinated. I am double vaccinated.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 22nd, 2022 at 4:37:19 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Karen,
Not enough.
Double vaccinated was probably a good idea and has protected you against the deadlier early variants, but they will do very little to protect you against later omicron variants which are now dominant. I was double vaccinated and my wife, and elderly family member had also recently had the booster. Didn't stop us all getting infected, though we were not too ill. I was the sickest of the three of us, which is because I'd had no third shot.
In your job you won't avoid getting coughed at or having the virus breathed on you. Just hope you're doing enough to mitigate when, inevitably, you catch it.

Stay safe.
October 22nd, 2022 at 4:41:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

If it works then why keep worrying?
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2022 at 7:26:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

If it didn't work why do more unvaccinated people die than vaccinated?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-compare-covid-deaths-for-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 22nd, 2022 at 11:09:43 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23

Quote: rxwine

Actually, rxwine, AZ was questioning why I was worried since I am double Vaccinated.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 22nd, 2022 at 11:38:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I don't know who declared Covid was over. But I know two pairs of people who caught Covid last week after flying from California to Alaska. One set has lost 4 friends to it, all have been vaccinated and boosted and usually wear masks when in crowded places.

Covid isn't over, it will never be over. The shots don't prevent the virus, they supposedly give you a better chance of surviving it when you do get it. Especially if you are old, fat or immune compromised.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW