Is Covid over?

October 24th, 2022 at 1:47:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
I got the original 2 vax's, and due to health issues my Dr. recommended I not get a booster. Now several variants later, and this latest iteration of Covid taking it's toll, I'm vacillating on this Bivalent booster. I would probably blow it off, but I have pre school visitors coming to stay with us, all totaled for almost 3 weeks. If they have one bug on them, that should be plenty of time to pass it on.

I was just at a wedding this weekend and had a discussion with a cousin who has two pre-school aged kids. He was lamenting about all the bugs and sickness that they have had in their home since they started daycare recently.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 24th, 2022 at 3:48:18 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The stats are starting to come in that the young kids are getting sick more often and more lung infections than normal. The thinking by the medical community is that they missed a year or two of picking up the current viruses due to Covid lockdowns and their immune system are not as strong as they would normally be.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 24th, 2022 at 5:20:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
The stats are starting to come in that the young kids are getting sick more often and more lung infections than normal. The thinking by the medical community is that they missed a year or two of picking up the current viruses due to Covid lockdowns and their immune system are not as strong as they would normally be.

Unless you think overloading the system even more during surges of the pandemic was ideal, there was no better choice. I imagine pediatric personnel were freed up to work in adult units if their normal workload was down during the pandemic.

Now a larger number of kids will be getting exposed to their normal childhood diseases.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2022 at 5:49:33 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I was getting rung up by a cashier when some IDIOT was right behind me and I didn't even know she was right behind me. This would be enough for the get the hell away from me death glare, but she didn't even allow me to leave the checkout area before stepping right next to me and was now facing me and coughed inches from me! IDIOT! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 She single coughed in her fist, but she was INCHES away from my face! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 24th, 2022 at 5:49:56 PM permalink
Riverjordan
I was getting rung up by a cashier when some IDIOT was right behind me and I didn't even know she was right behind me. This would be enough for the get the hell away from me death glare, but she didn't even allow me to leave the checkout area before stepping right next to me and was now facing me and coughed inches from me! IDIOT! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 She single coughed in her fist, but she was INCHES away from my face! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 24th, 2022 at 5:50:07 PM permalink
Riverjordan
October 24th, 2022 at 5:50:28 PM permalink
Riverjordan
October 24th, 2022 at 5:50:30 PM permalink
Riverjordan
October 24th, 2022 at 5:50:33 PM permalink
Riverjordan
October 24th, 2022 at 5:51:35 PM permalink
Riverjordan