Is Covid over?

September 24th, 2022 at 3:58:26 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
The first case of Covid in the US was in the state of Washington followed by Arizona and California.

You are entitled to your opinion.
October 12th, 2022 at 12:10:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pfizer-exec-admits-under-oath-we-never-tested-covid-vaccine-against-transmission

"‘Not Going to Get COVID’
A number of officials in the United States and around the world had claimed COVID-19 vaccines could prevent transmission. Among them, President Joe Biden in July 2021 remarked that “you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”

""Get vaccinated for others" was always a lie"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 12th, 2022 at 12:30:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
"Get vaccinated for others" was always a lie"

Cool.

I got vaccinated for myself.

When I finally got Covid, it was like the mildest cold of my life.

Thanks Pfizer! 🙏
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 12th, 2022 at 1:08:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pfizer-exec-admits-under-oath-we-never-tested-covid-vaccine-against-transmission

"‘Not Going to Get COVID’
A number of officials in the United States and around the world had claimed COVID-19 vaccines could prevent transmission. Among them, President Joe Biden in July 2021 remarked that “you’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”

""Get vaccinated for others" was always a lie"

???????????????
Who listens to politicians for medical advice
That's for DR Oz supporters buying his snake oil
I listen to the medical community regarding medical issues
I was always under the impression that the vaccine has absolutely nothing to do with transmission.
Why would anybody think otherwise.
All the vaccine does is give your body more tools to fight it. Even vaccinated, you can still get covid. You can still spread it.
Vaccinations lowered the hospitalization rates. Lowering hospitalization rates helps EVERYBODY.
There is room in the ICU for say heart attack patients.
This is all just common sense
Thanks Pfizer
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2022 at 12:59:22 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
According to my local news source, Covid has officially been declared over. I'm still not going to go out without a mask and I'm still going to be wary of People coughing and sneezing without masks on. I'm still not completely comfortable living like it's 2019 again. I don't know if I am ever going to be okay with living like it's 2019.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
October 20th, 2022 at 2:40:59 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Riverjordan
According to my local news source, Covid has officially been declared over. I'm still not going to go out without a mask and I'm still going to be wary of People coughing and sneezing without masks on. I'm still not completely comfortable living like it's 2019 again. I don't know if I am ever going to be okay with living like it's 2019.
Hi Karen,
It may be 'Declared over' but the virus is still circulating quite oblivious to that. It's what we call endemic. Circulating, but so, what!

Over here in the UK, Hardly anyone is wearing masks, except on public transport and in medical settings. Plastic screens are being taken down and we are all, generally relaxing. The FUSS is over. The high death rate and sickness rate is mostly over.

However, the infection rate is holding steady at quite a high level. Our national official stats for last week, tell us that " 2.7% of the population (roughly one-in-35 people) were infected at this time, up from roughly one-in-50 the week before." Our ONS actually do random testing, so we can measure infections even among people that are asymptomatic and just going about their business.
2.7% of the population (roughly one-in-35 people) were infected at this time, up from roughly one-in-50 the week before.
Imagine that. If you were a store checkout assistant, one in 35 of the folk you serve might be infected.
Unfortunately no similar stats exist for the USA. But no reason to think you have it any different
The difference now is that thanks to the vaccines and thanks to the evolution of the virus to make it milder, it is no longer making folk very sick. We have learned to live with the weaker variants. If we had to contend with the more deadly variants, we would be in a pretty bad way indeed.
But, while it's busily circulating, there is every chance that new deadly variant's pop up and that's a very real risk. Also is the risk that there will be epidemics of Covid and flu at the same time, with some folk catching both.
October 20th, 2022 at 11:00:48 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: OnceDear
But, while it's busily circulating, there is every chance that new deadly variant's pop up and that's a very real risk. Also is the risk that there will be epidemics of Covid and flu at the same time, with some folk catching both.

Latest number is 343 deaths summed over the 7 days ending 19 October 2022. Low point was 224 deaths summed over the 7 days ending 4th July 2021.

So I am still reluctant to call it over as it might just have a late winter start this year,
October 20th, 2022 at 3:08:08 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Pacomartin
Latest number is 343 deaths summed over the 7 days ending 19 October 2022. Low point was 224 deaths summed over the 7 days ending 4th July 2021.

So I am still reluctant to call it over as it might just have a late winter start this year,
343 over what area? whole of US, or just one state?

I'm satisfied to coexist with the current risk of reinfection, at the moment. However, in the UK we have over a million of us currently infected. That's one in 37 or so of all my neighbours and family and friends, on average. In a full restaurant, I can reasonably expect a few infectious folk to be coughing out virus.
My concern is that with such a huge number of incubators, some of whom might get flu or another disease at the same time, that we will inevitably see more variants, including some that bypass our immunities and potentially be deadly.
October 20th, 2022 at 7:56:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

That is 343 deaths per day over the whole of US for the last (7 day rolling average) but 40,000 confirmed new cases per day.

Worldwide the number is 1473 deaths per day over the last (7 day rolling average) but 250,000 confirmed new cases per day.
October 21st, 2022 at 7:18:39 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23

I'm satisfied to coexist with the current risk of reinfection, at the moment. However, in the UK we have over a million of us currently infected. That's one in 37 or so of all my neighbours and family and friends, on average. In a full restaurant, I can reasonably expect a few infectious folk to be coughing out virus.
My concern is that with such a huge number of incubators, some of whom might get flu or another disease at the same time, that we will inevitably see more variants, including some that bypass our immunities and potentially be deadly.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not going to be okay with people coughing and sneezing without masks on just because Covid has been declared over. Even people who cough and sneeze with masks on still makes me uneasy but not as uneasy as people doing that without masks on..
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.