Is Covid over?

April 2nd, 2024 at 9:15:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Who are anti-vaxxers?

"In 2015, the Pew Research Center conducted a survey of 2 thousand adults which concluded about 12 percent of liberals and 10 percent of conservatives believed that childhood vaccines are unsafe."

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/childhood-vaccination-programs-should-be-exempt-political-bias

I am not speaking to the Covid vaccines; I think that between Trump and Biden there was more of push to tell people to get vaccinated and less education to make them be more open to being vaccinated. President Biden even made statements that were counter to the need for unity in the rollout of the vaccines.

'I trust vaccines. I trust scientists. But I don't trust Donald Trump. And at this moment, the American people can't either,"

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-speak-vaccine-politics-center-stage-process/story?id=73047767

Childhood diseases are better controlled when the largest possible amount of the children are vaccinated. Those vaccines have been around for a while. There will always be some anti-vax folks. There is no need to add millions who may have never had a vaccine.

Yup. I'm aware of the autism accusations. That was then, this was now. Believe it or not, I don't buy new age lefty stuff any better than crazy stuff from the right.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2024 at 9:45:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yup. I'm aware of the autism accusations. That was then, this was now. Believe it or not, I don't buy new age lefty stuff any better than crazy stuff from the right.

You live the new age lefty stuff.

Or did you always believe a male is a female because he says he thinks he is one?
The President is a fink.
April 2nd, 2024 at 9:45:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
We talking stock price or…?

Edit: just checked, actually up a bit today after yesterday’s sell off.

More like phone lines are down. That sort of down.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 2nd, 2024 at 9:45:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Pre-Covid, I would have said hippy lefties like Alicia Silverstone and Jenny McCarthy were the most prominent anti-vaxxers.

2020 changed the math on that one, so a study from 2015 is irrelevant IMO.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2024 at 9:49:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
You live the new age lefty stuff.

Or did you always believe a male is a female because he says he thinks he is one?

Read my sig line if you think you’re smart enough or are you an atheist now?
April 2nd, 2024 at 9:54:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Read my sig line if you think you’re smart enough or are you an atheist now?

Not an atheist as the evidence shows otherwise. But if someone wants to show how life springs from nothing even as science says it cannot do so have at it.

What that has to do with not believing a mentally ill person thinks they are all of the sudden the other gender I have no idea.
The President is a fink.
April 2nd, 2024 at 10:08:38 AM permalink
rxwine
I don’t believe in a lot of things people claim about themselves, but I let them believe it if they wish. I don’t have to prove life springs out of nothing or any other way for that matter. You have to prove a god exists. When you learn what the evidence is for god, let everyone know. You’ll be famous.
April 2nd, 2024 at 10:21:33 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
Not an atheist as the evidence shows otherwise. But if someone wants to show how life springs from nothing even as science says it cannot do so have at it.

What that has to do with not believing a mentally ill person thinks they are all of the sudden the other gender I have no idea.

Stanley Miller and Harold Urey showed one plasuable manner in which organic molecules could have been made from inorganic precursers. Their experiment was quite famous, and still taught in biology classes today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment#

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness, but not for the reasons you think.
April 2nd, 2024 at 11:25:22 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Pre-Covid, I would have said hippy lefties like Alicia Silverstone and Jenny McCarthy were the most prominent anti-vaxxers.

2020 changed the math on that one, so a study from 2015 is irrelevant IMO.

The "math" is different but it is simplistic to think that the lower percentage of Republicans trusting/wanting the childhood vaccines is the whole story. The statistics for kindergarten students in Florida that were in compliance for 2022 show that 91.7% were vaccinated. That means many/most are not acting on their feelings.
April 3rd, 2024 at 3:44:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: GenoDRPh
Stanley Miller and Harold Urey showed one plasuable manner in which organic molecules could have been made from inorganic precursers. Their experiment was quite famous, and still taught in biology classes today. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment#

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness, but not for the reasons you think.

Seems a farfetched theory and still does not explain why so many differing forms of life. Dogs do not all of the sudden have kittens and fish do not all of the sudden decide to jump up on land to live.

The whole thing is indeed a mental illness. And the reasons are not even being looked at. An intelligent person should be asking why we have so many more men "identifying" as women and not so many women thinking they are men. Meanwhile we have widespread lower testosterone levels in men all across society. But instead of looking at that we have the leftists saying that men can just be women, reflecting the misandry among that group I suppose. Lefty women tend to hate men and lefty men tend to hate themselves for being men.
The President is a fink.