Bad/Worst Presidents?

Page 1 of 51234>Last »

Thread Rating:

April 19th, 2022 at 8:15:37 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Herbert Hoover was pretty bad to me. Under his Presidency, even previously rich people were scrounging for a meal and basic necessities. The song ,"We'd Like To Thank You Herbert Hoover,," from Annie although a song for a Fictional movie actually happened in real life. Herbert was one of the worst Presidents IMHO.

I didn't like Donald Trump all that much, but looking back, we were doing extremely well until Covid kicked our asses. Had Covid not happened, Trump may have went down as one of the best Presidents. Technically, Biden is a worse President than Donald Trump. Biden still has two years to get better, but so far, he is not a great President.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
April 19th, 2022 at 9:03:47 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Worst of the Worst Presidents

1)James Buchanan

2) Donald Trump

3)Andrew Johnson

4) Franklin Pierce

5) William Henry Harrison

source: https://www.usnews.com/news/special-reports/the-worst-presidents/articles/ranking-americas-worst-presidents
April 19th, 2022 at 9:05:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Riverjordan
Herbert Hoover was pretty bad to me. Under his Presidency, even previously rich people were scrounging for a meal and basic necessities. The song ,"We'd Like To Thank You Herbert Hoover,," from Annie although a song for a Fictional movie actually happened in real life. Herbert was one of the worst Presidents IMHO.

I didn't like Donald Trump all that much, but looking back, we were doing extremely well until Covid kicked our asses. Had Covid not happened, Trump may have went down as one of the best Presidents. Technically, Biden is a worse President than Donald Trump. Biden still has two years to get better, but so far, he is not a great President.

I must be a little younger than you because I do not remember Herbert Hoover being the president.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 19th, 2022 at 10:12:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Worst of the Worst Presidents

1)James Buchanan

2) Donald Trump

3)Andrew Johnson

4) Franklin Pierce

5) William Henry Harrison

source: https://www.usnews.com/news/special-reports/the-worst-presidents/articles/ranking-americas-worst-presidents

You need to quit getting your ratings from liberal sources.

Or else provide a reason Trump is so bad other than your not liking him.
The President is a fink.
April 19th, 2022 at 11:18:22 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
I must be a little younger than you because I do not remember Herbert Hoover being the president.

I don't remember Herbert Hoover being the President either. Even my Grandmother was a baby when he was the President. Lol.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
April 19th, 2022 at 12:03:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
You need to quit getting your ratings from liberal sources. Or else provide a reason Trump is so bad other than your not liking him.

The source is not nearly as left-leaning as CNN: I deem them credible.

As for a reason: you need to look no further than how he's acted since losing the election.

Him fomenting rebellion / insurrection over losing and continuing to refuse to accept the result of the lawful election will make him look like more than a petulent fool: he'll be seen to be a desperate criminal in the eyes of history.
April 19th, 2022 at 12:09:29 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Hoover's great granddaughter Margaret Hoover is the host of 'Firing Line' in PBS.

The Great Depression wasn't Hoover's fault.

The Fed was the sole cause of the Depression. It raised interest rates in 1928, during a deflationary period, which only steepened deflation and slowed the economy. Then it let the money supply fall an amazing 30% during the early years of the depression, when the economy was in dire need of cash, which only made the deflation worse and prolonged the depression for another eight years.

In order to prevent the collapse of the banks, all it had to do was increase the money supply. It totally failed at what it was created to do.

Years later, Ben Bernanke apologized to Milton Friedman for that failure.

“Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again.”

We’re seeing the Fed fail again today, allowing the rate of inflation to exceed 8.4% while continuing to increase the money supply and keeping interest rates low.
April 19th, 2022 at 1:13:22 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Tanko
We’re seeing the Fed fail again today, allowing the rate of inflation to exceed 8.4% while continuing to increase the money supply and keeping interest rates low.

I don't see it as the Fed's fault as they're opting for inflation instead of recession.

Plus the covid business (hello, shipping problems) caused unprecedented problems.

The ship will get back on even keel soon...and if not, well let's just hope Elon starts a colony on Mars.
April 19th, 2022 at 1:42:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Hoover's great granddaughter Margaret Hoover is the host of 'Firing Line' in PBS.

The Great Depression wasn't Hoover's fault.

The Fed was the sole cause of the Depression. It raised interest rates in 1928, during a deflationary period, which only steepened deflation and slowed the economy. Then it let the money supply fall an amazing 30% during the early years of the depression, when the economy was in dire need of cash, which only made the deflation worse and prolonged the depression for another eight years.

In order to prevent the collapse of the banks, all it had to do was increase the money supply. It totally failed at what it was created to do.

Years later, Ben Bernanke apologized to Milton Friedman for that failure.

“Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again.”

I don't think Hoover was that bad
Trump actually makes Hoover look great if you compare the 2
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 19th, 2022 at 1:53:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
The source is not nearly as left-leaning as CNN: I deem them credible.

As for a reason: you need to look no further than how he's acted since losing the election.

Him fomenting rebellion / insurrection over losing and continuing to refuse to accept the result of the lawful election will make him look like more than a petulent fool: he'll be seen to be a desperate criminal in the eyes of history.

Not at all a good reason. Have to look at what he accomplished. New NAFTA to Space Force to great response to china virus. Energy independence. Working to protect the border. He will be a bit like Harry Truman in history, people asking why he was so unpopular for all he did.

I will keep saying it, the "worst" rankings boil down to "they don't like him."
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 51234>Last »