Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

May 12th, 2022 at 7:37:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Heard it on a podcast, cannot believe I did not notice before.

Ever notice all the bat-crazies who are upset about this potential ruling live in states that will have no plans to change abortion laws?
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 7:46:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Heard it on a podcast, cannot believe I did not notice before.

Ever notice all the bat-crazies who are upset about this potential ruling live in states that will have no plans to change abortion laws?

You don't seem to be very well-informed.

McConnell has said he will support banning abortion federally. Once overturned that is possible with the right combo of our government in charge.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2022 at 7:48:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
You don't seem to be very well-informed.

McConnell has said he will support banning abortion federally. Once overturned that is possible with the right combo of our government in charge.

I am informed enough to know that will take a 60 seat GOP majority along with a GOP house and GOP POTUS AND every last senator has to fall in line.

IOW, next to no chance of happening.

It is bat-crazy feminists who are angry at the world that they were born female and acting up begging for attention.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 7:49:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Duffman just completely pretending he didn’t make a fool of himself yesterday on the rape/incest exceptions.

Can’t man up and admit he was wrong. Typical.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2022 at 8:14:46 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Because it's a fact that there are women who don't want children. It's misogynistic that you would force them to stay pregnant.

That does not justify dismembering fetuses, conscious of pain, without the benefit of anesthesia.

Doctors administer anesthesia to a fetus when performing surgery on it, in order to keep to from thrashing around. Dismemberment is the only procedure involving a fetus that does not require anesthesia. Not even potassium chloride to stop it's heart for a less painful death. Labor could then be induced and the child stillborn intact. No dismemberment necessary. Why do you think that is?

When you eventually become unable to care for yourself and become a burden to your family and society, would it would be perfectly acceptable to you, to tear you apart limb from limb and crush your skull without anesthesia?
May 12th, 2022 at 8:18:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
...actually i may have lowballed that estimate. Probably higher than a million.

No doubt hugely expensive
No doubt Tanko will ignore this
No doubt hospital costs will rise significantly to the point of effecting the economy
This is why nonreligious fiscal conservatives see the advantages of abortion that Trumpers can't comprehend
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 12th, 2022 at 8:24:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tanko

Doctors administer anesthesia to a fetus when performing surgery on it, in order to keep to from thrashing around. Dismemberment is the only procedure involving a fetus that does not require anesthesia. Not even potassium chloride to stop it's heart for a less painful death. Labor could then be induced and the child stillborn intact. No dismemberment necessary. Why do you think that is?

We treat dogs being put down better than that.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 8:31:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
That does not justify dismembering fetuses, conscious of pain, without the benefit of anesthesia.

When you eventually become unable to care for yourself and become a burden to your family and society, would it would be perfectly acceptable to you, to tear you apart limb from limb and crush your skull without anesthesia?

Quote:
he idea behind SB 234, or the Protecting Unborn Children Amendments, is to prevent a fetus from feeling pain during an abortion at 20 weeks or more. It requires a doctor performing an abortion at this stage to "administer an anesthetic or analgesic to eliminate or alleviate organic pain to the unborn child."

The problem? Thorough reviews of medical evidence reject the idea that fetuses can actually feel pain at 20 weeks. They don't fully develop the proper neurological structures to feel pain until later, around 29 to 30 weeks in the third trimester.

The bigger problem? There's really no such thing as "fetal anesthesia" in standard medical practice. And the law doesn't specify how doctors are supposed to make it happen.

"I've emailed the governor and asked him to tell me what to do, because I don't know what to do," Dr. Leah Torres, an OB-GYN and abortion provider in Utah, told Vox. "It's like saying, 'Take someone's widget out using standard medical practice.' I don't know what that means."

Dr. Sean Esplin of Intermountain Health Care told the Associated Press that to "administer an anesthetic or analgesic" to the fetus, you'd have to go through the woman first using general anesthesia — which renders her unconscious and probably requires a breathing tube — or a heavy dose of narcotics.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2022 at 8:39:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Even if a fetus moves when a needle is stuck in it, you wouldn't know if it was some reflex or pain even if you could analyze it. I have no objection to filling them with anesthetic even if it's pointless, but again they shouldn't be legislating medical procedures in this manner.
May 12th, 2022 at 8:50:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I can’t help but get the feeling that Tanko, Duffman, etc. don’t really care about fetuses but are just dutifully toeing the party line with the usual talking points, faux outrage, and crocodile tears.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman