Televised Jan 6 hearings.

August 1st, 2022 at 6:46:58 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: rxwine
Nicholas John Roske showed up ready to kill Brent Kavanaugh. After seeing two U.S. Marshals outside Kavanaugh's home, Roske turned himself in by calling 9-1-1. So by that logic, he didn't even raise his gun in the direction of Kavanaugh's house, so they should have just sent him home.

You don't get Brownie points for being stupid and inept in criminality. You go to jail like all the smart ones they catch.

And yet this Texas guy wasn't prosecuted nor was he convicted of attempted murder. Weird.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 1st, 2022 at 7:03:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JCW09
But if your right, why isn't Biden's DOJ prosecuting anyone for insurrection?

Quote:
On January 13, 2022, the Department of Justice unsealed an indictment against the leader of the Oath Keepers, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, and 10 associates, charging them with "seditious conspiracy," the most severe charge levied against any of the alleged Capitol rioters so far.

Quote:
Under 18 U.S.C. § 2384, “seditious conspiracy” occurs when two or more persons:

conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.

Individuals charged with seditious conspiracy can be fined and could serve up to 20 years in prison.

There was actually legal debates about whether it was a good idea to go for an insurrection related charge, as the idea of political protest is sacrosanct. So, I think it was partially political. Also remember, there has also been plea deals taken which is pretty common if one is facing serious charges. AND you need to ask the prosecutors that question if you want to know more than that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 1st, 2022 at 8:22:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09
And yet this Texas guy wasn't prosecuted nor was he convicted of attempted murder. Weird.

Convicted????????
Gee, what planet do you live on?
Hasn't gone to trial yet
U.S. Magistrate Judge Ajmel Quereshi has set a tentative date of Aug. 23 for Roske's trial.
Try to keep up :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2022 at 8:33:52 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Roeske is from California?
The "Texas guy", Reffitt, was sentenced to 87 months.
But please more ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
LMAO
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 1st, 2022 at 9:03:32 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
Let me declare that anyone still buying all the bs is nothing short of being full of it or just massively ill-informed.

Thanks Mooseton
We have come full circle and your statement now makes perfect sense. So much sense now , that I am using it :-)
The secret service is full of BS

I feel bad for you. This is just being pwned.
August 2nd, 2022 at 5:39:40 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mooseton
I feel bad for you. This is just being pwned.

I feel bad for you
The story totally backfired on the secret service
How come the right is silent on the missing texts????????
Why isn't the secret service demanding to testify under oath????????????????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 2nd, 2022 at 8:48:45 AM permalink
terapined
Only 7 years
WTF
This guy threatened to kill his own children for being honest with the FBI
Disgusting

CNN: Jan. 6 rioter who carried gun to US Capitol and threatened Nancy Pelosi gets more than 7 years in prison.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics/guy-reffitt-sentencing/index.html
August 2nd, 2022 at 9:12:07 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Only 7 years
WTF
This guy threatened to kill his own children for being honest with the FBI
Disgusting

CNN: Jan. 6 rioter who carried gun to US Capitol and threatened Nancy Pelosi gets more than 7 years in prison.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics/guy-reffitt-sentencing/index.html

You should never cooperate with the enemy. When China invades Taiwan are you going to encourage your nephews to cooperate with them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 2nd, 2022 at 9:51:55 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
You should never cooperate with the enemy. When China invades Taiwan are you going to encourage your nephews to cooperate with them.

That is such an off-base comparison.
August 2nd, 2022 at 9:58:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
That is such an off-base comparison.

“Off-base comparison” happens to be kenarman’s middle name.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman