2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

June 10th, 2023 at 10:04:53 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Here is what you are voting for if Biden is re-elected.

"New York City spends approximately $8 million per day to care for the migrants. The fact that the estimate is from May is an important distinction; a March 2023 estimate pegged the daily cost at $5 million per day. In November 2022, the city estimated spending slightly less than $600 million annually on services for border crossers. By January, that figure had more than tripled to $2 billion. The next month, the figure more than doubled again to $4.2 billion.

New York City receives 2,200 asylum seekers per week, all of whom are housed and fed at taxpayers’ expense."

Put this in perspective for the whole country and another 4 year term will cost the US trillions of dollars that you don't have. China doesn't need to invade, the US is willing bankrupt itself so it can feel it is somehow "making a difference" in the world.

What if I absolutely do not care whatsoever how much the government spends on anything?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 10th, 2023 at 10:37:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold

I did a quick couple searches to see some of his older views.

He's definitely left.

But seems to have a good heart.

No one in the Kennedy family supports his vaccine views. Not even his wife.

The race is between a weakening Biden and Kennedy. No one else is stepping up and their bench is weak.

Kennedy is considered a hero in New York State, having preserved and cleaned the majestic 315 mile long Hudson River.

'Riverkeeper has taken on many of the nation’s biggest industrial polluters and won, because when there’s a battle over water quality on the Hudson, you led and inspired Riverkeeper to stay in it, for as long as it takes, to secure clean water and safe places to swim, fish and boat.'

June 10th, 2023 at 10:47:44 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Here is what you are voting for if Biden is re-elected.

"New York City spends approximately $8 million per day to care for the migrants. The fact that the estimate is from May is an important distinction; a March 2023 estimate pegged the daily cost at $5 million per day. In November 2022, the city estimated spending slightly less than $600 million annually on services for border crossers. By January, that figure had more than tripled to $2 billion. The next month, the figure more than doubled again to $4.2 billion.

New York City receives 2,200 asylum seekers per week, all of whom are housed and fed at taxpayers’ expense."

Put this in perspective for the whole country and another 4 year term will cost the US trillions of dollars that you don't have. China doesn't need to invade, the US is willing bankrupt itself so it can feel it is somehow "making a difference" in the world.

Sometimes the only way for folks to learn is the hard way.

When there's no one left to blame, who are they going to blame then?

Each other?

That's what I think.

When the left turns on the left.

When CNN attacks MSNBC.

When Biden attacks Harris.

When Pelosi attacks Weiner.

When a drug addict has to go to rehab.

When all the straight children change sex.

When no one is left to pay state schools to be indoctrinated.

Then we know they had enough.
June 10th, 2023 at 10:54:53 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Tanko
No one in the Kennedy family supports his vaccine views. Not even his wife.

The race is between a weakening Biden and Kennedy. No one else is stepping up and their bench is weak.

Kennedy is considered a hero in New York State, having preserved and cleaned the majestic 315 mile long Hudson River.

'Riverkeeper has taken on many of the nation’s biggest industrial polluters and won, because when there’s a battle over water quality on the Hudson, you led and inspired Riverkeeper to stay in it, for as long as it takes, to secure clean water and safe places to swim, fish and boat.'

[/image]

I don't think either one will win, even if it's a fair election.
June 10th, 2023 at 11:56:35 AM permalink
DoubleGold
"Jack Smith's wife produced a Michelle Obama documentary and made donations to Joe Biden."

So we'll see if Big Mike has the courage to come out and sweep this election.

The way is already paved.
June 10th, 2023 at 12:09:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
What if I absolutely do not care whatsoever how much the government spends on anything?

Be prepared then for your life to change permanently for the worse, much worse. The US will just become a second tier country with a poor standard of living and street crime that will make todays streets seem perfect. Maybe if you are lucky Russia will bail you out.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 10th, 2023 at 1:01:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Be prepared then for your life to change permanently for the worse, much worse. The US will just become a second tier country with a poor standard of living and street crime that will make todays streets seem perfect. Maybe if you are lucky Russia will bail you out.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing this from righties my whole adult life. It ain’t happening.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 10th, 2023 at 2:48:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Yeah, I’ve been hearing this from righties my whole adult life. It ain’t happening.

I am sure you do believe that since you are betting your lifestyle on it if not your actual life.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 11th, 2023 at 10:51:23 AM permalink
DoubleGold
At this rate, most of us will be conservative in a couple of years or so.

If Trump can govern from a prison cell, they'll pass a new law or fabricate another crime.

Whatever it takes to complete the follow up of the coup.

No resistors allowed including Democrats.
June 11th, 2023 at 11:03:53 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: DoubleGold
At this rate, most of us will be conservative in a couple of years or so.

Unlike, say, in the seventies I read and hear nothing about "Young Republicans."

It looks to me like young people today are embracing liberalism, or progressive-ism more than conservatism.

Is the Trump movement a last ditch effort to prevent the body politic from forever veering left?

Funny, lots of young-uns seem to feel our politics are not left-wing enough.

Time will tell.