2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 29th, 2023 at 2:57:38 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Gandler
He gave a pretty good explanation, if it was true (I honestly do not know the history offhand.) But, if the section was written to discuss actions as opposed to a legal charge that would be interesting. I would have to read more about how it was used in post Civil War election disqualifications (and if a legal conviction was required.) But, if this is an accurate representation of the history, then a charge and conviction would not be needed.

I know I have posted before, but treason and insurrection are rare charges. By rare, I mean the factor of many decades, not years since the last charge. I think the last treason charge was WWII era, and insurrection, I have no idea (probably Civil War, maybe WWI because they got pretty aggressive with such charges during WWI.) But, either way these are extreme charges usually in the context of a massive war (usually it means you are siding with an external enemy, I am not sure if they have ever been prosecuted for siding with a rogue political group -Well I guess it depends on how you define the CSA..... -)

A quick google search confirmed that somebody during the civil war was tried and executed for tearing down an American Flag after the Union liberation of New Orleans. But, this is one of the few examples of a civilian political activist I can quickly find. And, this was debatably far less of a crime than what happened on 06JAN. Now would somebody be executed for tearing down a flag today? Probably not But, compared to 06JAN, this is a minor action that was deemed to be worthy of a death penalty.

I think we're all making progress towards the truth of what's happening.

https://twitter.com/fentasyl/status/1740779371529740380/photo/1
December 30th, 2023 at 1:17:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pretty simple that Trump tried to take the election away from the voters who already voted. Now all the outcry, that he should get another chance to be elected!

Like that's unfair somehow that he doesn't?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 30th, 2023 at 1:45:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: rxwine
Pretty simple that Trump tried to take the election away from the voters who already voted. Now all the outcry, that he should get another chance to be elected!

Like that's unfair somehow that he doesn't?

What's your take on this article, comparatively, to the mentality before the Civil War?

The article is by the same person as my previous post.

https://datahazard.substack.com/p/american-murder
December 30th, 2023 at 4:10:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
What's your take on this article, comparatively, to the mentality before the Civil War?

The article is by the same person as my previous post.

https://datahazard.substack.com/p/american-murder
I do get the feeling that this guy is using statistics to make it seem like the issue of Af/Am violence is repressed . Maybe somebody he knows got murdered.

Most Black crime is Black on Black, as they themselves know and don't need to be told. I don't think my chances of getting murdered are very high ... so I'm not going to get worked up about who might do it. I've lived in bad neighborhoods in my day, chances were higher then but still pretty low... but I adhered to the advice to 'trust your instincts and don't worry about being a racist' when personal safety was a factor. Avoidance is your friend

Should White People come to conclusions about racial factors here looking at these stats? There are a lot of things to point to that will explain this without saying "Aha Black People are More Murderous" ... such as, as I've said before, if there is a persistent Underclass in your society, then in that Underclass there is going to be a large criminal element. Why our Underclass has a skin color component can be debated without going into how Genes might be playing a role ... and this kind of stuff you are citing leads to that kind of thinking
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 30th, 2023 at 4:26:12 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
I do get the feeling that this guy is using statistics to make it seem like the issue of Af/Am violence is repressed . Maybe somebody he knows got murdered.

Most Black crime is Black on Black, as they themselves know and don't need to be told. I don't think my chances of getting murdered are very high ... so I'm not going to get worked up about who might do it. I've lived in bad neighborhoods in my day, chances were higher then but still pretty low... but I adhered to the advice to 'trust your instincts and don't worry about being a racist' when personal safety was a factor. Avoidance is your friend

Should White People come to conclusions about racial factors here looking at these stats? There are a lot of things to point to that will explain this without saying "Aha Black People are More Murderous" ... such as, as I've said before, if there is a persistent Underclass in your society, then in that Underclass there is going to be a large criminal element. Why our Underclass has a skin color component can be debated without going into how Genes might be playing a role ... and this kind of stuff you are citing leads to that kind of thinking

The author is showing blacks are killing blacks at a high rate and advocates incarceration of lesser crimes as the solution.

I don't agree nor disagree with the same solution.

Do you think the author is for blacks, against blacks, or neutral?
December 30th, 2023 at 5:06:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
If you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, anti-leniency for Blacks based on based on Woke district attorneys with their out-without-bail ideas etc
December 30th, 2023 at 5:31:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Interesting. If voting were a product, generally making people jump through more hoops is not going to sell more of it. Is one more likely to miss voting if you have to go the poll on a winter day *Nov 2. Or if your bones are old, to go to the polls instead of conveniently voting from home. To skip it if some emergency comes up.

Let red staters shoot themselves in the foot in the name of secure voting. Fine with me.

I agree; although, I'd hasten to suggest that having more people vote, unto itself, is not a worthy goal. I'd suggest more people voting has the effect of a lower percentage of voters being even remotely informed on issues.

Of course, if you want to, 'Vuck,' it's imperative that you vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KtAkBcd2PQ

Honestly, I thought the song was kind of funny, "Gerrymander this coochie," is undeniable; still, I don't think this qualifies as high-level political discourse.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 30th, 2023 at 5:31:18 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
I agree that this is absolutely an issue the SCOTUS needs to resolve. It’s an extremely gray area. The fact that people are saying it’s a slam dunk either way are slightly delusional. (Or maybe it is a slam dunk only because our SCOTUS is full of corrupt idiots like Clarence Thomas).

It doesn't matter to anyone that an esteemed liberal justice said that Roe was a flawed decision; liberals are critical of it being overturned by those "corrupt idiots." I wouldn't have an issue with that but the court has shown that while it as a conservative nature now, it will also make decisions that conservatives don't like when a case warrants it. I guess when the Court goes the other way, the other side can say the liberals are corrupt.

Is Thomas squeaky clean? No. I don't think so. The flawed policies of the court left too much room for people to do things that should not be acceptable.

There are relatively easy ways to get money to the Justices. Book deals pay millions before the first book is sold. How do we know that influence is not being sold in all the book deals?

Maybe we should just pay all of them $1,000,000 a year and allow no outside earnings at all while sitting on the Court.
December 30th, 2023 at 5:44:08 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: odiousgambit
If you wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, anti-leniency for Blacks based on based on Woke district attorneys with their no-bail ideas etc

Ignoring abortion, it looks like the blacks are being replaced.

(1) The high rate of blacks killing blacks.

(2) The illegals entering the country are mostly non-black.
December 30th, 2023 at 6:02:20 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: DoubleGold
Ignoring abortion, it looks like the blacks are being replaced.

(1) The high rate of blacks killing blacks.

(2) The illegals entering the country are mostly non-black.
It is certainly true that projections I remember way back when, was that the Black population would increase towards 20% , and I just looked it up, it's about 12% now ... about where it was I think

btw I should have said 'out without bail' as the woke trend with DAs, not 'no bail' [so I corrected that upthread] ... though in my opinion if the woke thinking has anything to it, about how poor people can't get out on bail, then I would have wanted them indeed to go to 'no bail' ... meaning nobody gets out on bail at all, even rich people!