No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 29th, 2023 at 4:43:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
Plan B

Should be Plan A. If this backfires and Trump gets more votes in, you know, states that might actually be relevant to him, then it's going to be even more difficult to, 'rig the results.'

Obviously, I don't believe the 2020 results were, "Rigged,'; more than, I don't believe there was significant enough election fraud to alter the results. I'm almost positive there was non-zero election fraud; I'd assume that there is non-zero in every election.

I know people point to mail-in and call that cheating in and of itself, sometimes, but according to this poll:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/11/20/the-voting-experience-in-2020/

One-third of Trump voters voted by mail. It also stands to reason that these numbers may have been artificially depressed by red states being less amenable, on average, to mail-in voting. Nearly another third voted in person, but prior to Election Day. Interestingly, the polling also found that African-Americans (it says, 'Black,' I never know what words are allowed) were the least likely group to vote by mail.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 29th, 2023 at 5:01:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
African-American could be someone like Elon Musk.
December 29th, 2023 at 5:17:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146

One-third of Trump voters voted by mail. It also stands to reason that these numbers may have been artificially depressed by red states being less amenable, on average, to mail-in voting

Interesting. If voting were a product, generally making people jump through more hoops is not going to sell more of it. Is one more likely to miss voting if you have to go the poll on a winter day *Nov 2. Or if your bones are old, to go to the polls instead of conveniently voting from home. To skip it if some emergency comes up.

Let red staters shoot themselves in the foot in the name of secure voting. Fine with me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 29th, 2023 at 5:26:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
Almost as stupid and pathetic as calling dozens of election officials and insisting that they change the local results. And, then threatening your VP to pressure him not to certify the results while leading a mob storming the capitol.

I NEVER say that Trump’s actions in and around the last election were smart. He’s certainly an unhinged individual.
I’m asking a different question. Which all I hear is dancing around..

If the Democrats are so sure an ‘insurrection’ took place, how come NO ONE has been charged with INSURRECTION?
They want to disqualify someone for leading an insurrection , but can’t charge ANYONE with that crime? Please……

As far as the failed analogy of me seeing someone rob my house, YES, if there is video evidence of the crime, and it is clear who the perpetrators are, I would expect the criminals to be charged with that crime! Wouldn’t you?

All this talk about Trump is just a distraction away from what is really important for the country. Ask the Democrat Mayors of Chicago, Denver, and New York what the REAL problems facing this country are? Ask anyone paying $2 for the $1 can of soup what is important. Etc….
December 29th, 2023 at 5:38:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Mission146
Should be Plan A. If this backfires and Trump gets more votes in, you know, states that might actually be relevant to him, then it's going to be even more difficult to, 'rig the results.'

Obviously, I don't believe the 2020 results were, "Rigged,'; more than, I don't believe there was significant enough election fraud to alter the results. I'm almost positive there was non-zero election fraud; I'd assume that there is non-zero in every election.

I know people point to mail-in and call that cheating in and of itself, sometimes, but according to this poll:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/11/20/the-voting-experience-in-2020/

One-third of Trump voters voted by mail. It also stands to reason that these numbers may have been artificially depressed by red states being less amenable, on average, to mail-in voting. Nearly another third voted in person, but prior to Election Day. Interestingly, the polling also found that African-Americans (it says, 'Black,' I never know what words are allowed) were the least likely group to vote by mail.
I use 'Af/Ams' a lot and it doesn't seem to offend. I don't seem to need to talk about race at all unless it's politics, which is a disgusting fact about politics

I've read that African-Americans/Blacks/Af/Ams like to vote without going to the polls by a large margin. To square that with what you report, I'd guess the drop-box method is favored?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 29th, 2023 at 5:53:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I NEVER say that Trump’s actions in and around the last election were smart. He’s certainly an unhinged individual.
I’m asking a different question. Which all I hear is dancing around..

If the Democrats are so sure an ‘insurrection’ took place, how come NO ONE has been charged with INSURRECTION?
They want to disqualify someone for leading an insurrection , but can’t charge ANYONE with that crime? Please……

As far as the failed analogy of me seeing someone rob my house, YES, if there is video evidence of the crime, and it is clear who the perpetrators are, I would expect the criminals to be charged with that crime! Wouldn’t you?

All this talk about Trump is just a distraction away from what is really important for the country. Ask the Democrat Mayors of Chicago, Denver, and New York what the REAL problems facing this country are? Ask anyone paying $2 for the $1 can of soup what is important. Etc….

Poppycock!

We're going to charge Trump with insurrection eventually, just like Republicans finally got around to charging Hunter Biden after years of limbo.
We got Santos out without waiting for voters, and most of us don't want to wait for voters to get Menendez out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 29th, 2023 at 6:00:32 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
We don't want Joe Biden to be impeached.

That would be admitting he won when he didn't.

It must be written in history.

Trying to impeach him is likely Plan B.
December 29th, 2023 at 6:42:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
I use 'Af/Ams' a lot and it doesn't seem to offend. I don't seem to need to talk about race at all unless it's politics, which is a disgusting fact about politics

I've read that African-Americans/Blacks/Af/Ams like to vote without going to the polls by a large margin. To square that with what you report, I'd guess the drop-box method is favored?

I’m white and I will NEVER EVER go to a polling place on Election Day to vote again unless I am forced to. Absentee, baby!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 29th, 2023 at 7:19:23 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
https://www.citizensforethics.org/news/press-releases/judge-removes-couy-griffin-from-office-for-engaging-in-the-january-6-insurrection/

This person was actually charged and convicted of a crime (and has been charged with others since then):

"You may recall Griffin was convicted of illegally entering Capitol grounds during the January 6 Riot and was sentenced to time served. A judge also barred Griffin from holding public office in the state again."

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/former-otero-county-commissioner-facing-criminal-charges/

The court decision was not appealed to the U. S. Supreme Court, which means we still do not know how they would rule in either a case of a conviction for a charge other than insurrection (not one of the charges against Griffin or Trump) or in the case of these ballot removals without a conviction.

I don't think that Trump should be barred from appearing on the ballot. Why don't we let the people speak?

I still hope that both he and Biden step back, but both are stubborn old fools and will do no such thing.
December 29th, 2023 at 7:30:39 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
If you believe Trump participated in the ‘event’, why have NONE of the other people who CLEARLY participated in the event been charged with insurrection!?! NONE. Not ONE. You (and most media) continue to use the word insurrection.

Please explain to me why NO ONE has been charged with that crime? Did I miss one?

Could be lots of reasons. Prosecutorial discretion. Difficult charges to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Vaguaness in how the federal law reads and can be interpreted ( https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383 ), easier to get convictions on lesser charges. Some speech that may have incited the insurrection is protected by free speech.

However, some Proud Boys were convicted of seditious conspiracy. Oath keepers as well.

Now it's my turn. Tell me, good doctor SooPoo. Why were no persons charged with insurrection at the end of the US Civil War, yet thousands of former Confederates accepted disqualification and petitioned Congress for amnesty?