No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

April 6th, 2023 at 4:22:32 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: ams288
Me either considering Donny will be the GOP nominee

A lot can happen between now and then, specifically future indictments.

Do you really think that approximately half (I'd say more than half, but for the ridiculously antiquated electoral college) of the voters would want a president with that kind of baggage?
April 6th, 2023 at 5:24:51 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Me either considering Donny will be the GOP nominee

If you really believe that I might be willing to make a wager with you.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 6th, 2023 at 5:29:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: missedhervee
A lot can happen between now and then, specifically future indictments.

Do you really think that approximately half (I'd say more than half, but for the ridiculously antiquated electoral college) of the voters would want a president with that kind of baggage?

Not sure if you misread my post or not. I said he’d be the GOP nominee. Said nothing about him ever being president again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 6th, 2023 at 5:40:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I actually dont see any Republicans winning a National office in the foreseeable future
Abortion is a real issue now among young voters that really affect their lives
They came out in droves for the recent Wisc vote
Roevember is now on the ballot and republicans against abortion are seriously out of touch with the clear majority
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 6th, 2023 at 6:26:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined

Roevember is now on the ballot and republicans against abortion are seriously out of touch with the clear majority

I suspect many righties won’t realize this fact for a long while.

Till then we are just going to have to watch them blather on about how Donny/Big Tits/etc are going to win in 2024.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 7th, 2023 at 5:38:29 AM permalink
DRich
I actually dont see any Republicans winning a National office in the foreseeable future

Really? You don't think a single Republican will win a House or Senate seat in the next election? Do you not consider those National offices? If that is the case which elected positions are you referring to besides President?
April 7th, 2023 at 5:43:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Really? You don't think a single Republican will win a House or Senate seat in the next election? Do you not consider those National offices? If that is the case which elected positions are you referring to besides President?

I consider a National election an election where the nation decides the winner
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 7th, 2023 at 6:34:59 AM permalink
DRich
I consider a National election an election where the nation decides the winner

And I am asking what those are besides President? If you are just saying that you don't think Republicans will win the Presidency in the near future I might agree with you but I am just curious which elections you consider national?
April 7th, 2023 at 7:03:46 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Abortion is a real issue now among young voters that really affect their lives
They came out in droves for the recent Wisc vote

I think a large number of their Senate and House seats should be relatively safe.

It's like I said in the other thread, Republicans just can't help themselves but to lose on social issues at every opportunity. Too many Evangelical retards and wannabe Nazis on their side to do otherwise.

It's hilarious. It makes me think of a wife asking her husband for a divorce, so he says, "I'll show you; I'm going to pull out this gun and blow my brains all over the wall behind me!"

So, he does it.

The wife says, "Well, that was certainly quicker than a divorce, and slightly less messy; the best part is 100% of the marital assets are mine now."

Inapt comparison? I don't think so. America is quickly divorcing itself from being a glorified theocracy. Go to the station, buy your ticket or get left behind. I really don't care. I'll just be glad when whatever is going to happen becomes irreversible, (because the socially Far Right mouth-breathers run out of numbers) so that everyone will start shutting the hell up.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 7th, 2023 at 7:08:31 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Also, while there are a few relatively inconsequential developments I might not be fond of, I'll always hate the Evangelicals more. There is honestly no greater gift I can think of than their misery; almost anything is worth it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman