2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

March 14th, 2023 at 12:57:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Competitive balance is not simply a men v. women question, though. There's a reason combat sports, for example, have weight classes. There's a reason that adults don't compete against six year olds in a sanctioned athletic event. When it comes to physical competition, gender is not always the only characteristic by which athletes are separated from one another. It just depends on the sport in question and has always been for the purpose of fairness in competition.

Some of the best advice I got from a tennis instructor, was you want to play against better players. Better to learn from being smashed than crushing ones you can beat. Your learning curve will level off if you're not being challenged.

(now, in MMA or boxing, meaning I'm going to take even more punches to the head, I might need to reconsider my job choice, if it's taking me too many fights to get to a top spot, but otherwise...)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2023 at 1:23:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Some of the best advice I got from a tennis instructor, was you want to play against better players. Better to learn from being smashed than crushing ones you can beat. Your learning curve will level off if you're not being challenged.

(now, in MMA or boxing, meaning I'm going to take even more punches to the head, I might need to reconsider my job choice, if it's taking me too many fights to get to a top spot, but otherwise...)

If a 5'2" woman plays me in basketball, using current rules and equipment, I don't think she's going to be able to learn how to be 6'3" instead.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2023 at 1:54:16 PM permalink
rxwine
If a 5'2" woman plays me in basketball, using current rules and equipment, I don't think she's going to be able to learn how to be 6'3" instead.

Bet your height difference wasn't as big as his was.

Tyrone Curtis "Muggsy" Bogues (born January 9, 1965) is an American former basketball player. The shortest player ever to play in the National Basketball Association (NBA), the 5 ft 3 in (1.60 m) Bogues played point guard for four teams during his 14-season career in the NBA.

Of course, part of my point also includes, you're the one that is not going get any better if you can dominate someone. So, that scenario certainly wouldn't do you any good unless that short player is someone like Bogues.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2023 at 4:28:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/south-carolina-death-penalty-abortion-1234695566/
21 South Carolina GOP Lawmakers Propose Death Penalty for Women Who Have Abortions
It’s not just a lone extremist: The bill has 21 co-sponsors in the state’s House of Representatives
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2023 at 4:34:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Competitive balance is not simply a men v. women question, though. There's a reason combat sports, for example, have weight classes. There's a reason that adults don't compete against six year olds in a sanctioned athletic event. When it comes to physical competition, gender is not always the only characteristic by which athletes are separated from one another. It just depends on the sport in question and has always been for the purpose of fairness in competition.

My thoughts are I just want to see the best. Period. If a 9 year old girl weighing 70 pounds can beat a world ranked Heavyweight boxer I want to see it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 14th, 2023 at 4:36:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

No, but it may motivate her to improve her outside shooting and she will destroy you with 3 pointers.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 14th, 2023 at 6:32:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
My thoughts are I just want to see the best. Period. If a 9 year old girl weighing 70 pounds can beat a world ranked Heavyweight boxer I want to see it.

Is she allowed to bite his nuts off?
March 15th, 2023 at 7:12:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined

Right wing lives in a fantasy world
Probably believe reparations is coming. No doubt they have this issue in their newfeed everyday :-)
Yea I like my Jpeg. More accurate then that woke nonsense

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-increasingly-realize-there-s-no-evidence-of-election-fraud-but-most-still-think-2020-election-was-stolen-anyway-poll-finds/ar-AA18CpQZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=593eab49e1e64fbabc5d38d09d9d820b&ei=29
Republicans Increasingly Realize There’s No Evidence Of Election Fraud—But Most Still Think 2020 Election Was Stolen Anyway, Poll Finds
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2023 at 7:43:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
No, but it may motivate her to improve her outside shooting and she will destroy you with 3 pointers.

Imma swat that shizz right in her face. JK

(In reality, maybe, but I'm not a basketball player. She could very well have the speed to escape me and hit the jumpers.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 15th, 2023 at 8:54:50 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

The purpose of youth sports is not the entertainment of middle aged men.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.