4 members have voted

March 14th, 2023 at 8:25:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: terapined

I can see how someone could feel that way. I can also see a similar button, just changing the word ‘Democrat’ to ‘Republican’.

Frankly, it’s not hard to find ‘nuts’ examples with a D or an R.

What about legislation
Anti transgender bills being passed left and right. Why do we have this nanny state regarding transgenders.
Shouldn't families have freedom. Why all the hate
What about the anti drag bills being passed.
I read the SB03 bill in TN
It's absurd what's criminal now.
Dressing in drag in public is essentially illegal
It's absurd and anti freedom
FL passing a law allowing DeSantis to spend millions to transport illegals from TX to MA.
That's wasteful spending of tax dollars.
It's absurd law after absurd law
Is there anything in the Dem world as absurd
There isn't any.
Reparations is dead in the water.
No police dept is currently being defunded
We keep our extremists in check. The right is run by extremists

I’m pretty sure there are ‘dress’ restrictions in every state. You think you can walk with just a hat and sneakers in downtown Chicago?
I’m in favor of protections for trans people against harassment. Against discrimination in general. Just not in the sporting world. And I don’t think you can just call yourself trans and magically be trans. The balls and penis in a girl’s locker room concept.

This is why it should be handled case by case

I read on my Yahoo feed about reparations attempts at almost a daily level. Heck, Pete Buttigieg who is a mainstream Democrat presidential hopeful is for reparations!

Seriously? Wow. Its never in my feed because its absurd and will never pass in a million years.
Its a dead on arrival policy
Why are you so scared of HS students discussing this issue. Whats a smell test in preventing the discussion of this issue. I dont think any subject should be censored in HS. Majority of Dems are against. Why cant you understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The right is being run today by McCarthy and McConnell. Extremists? I will agree with you that at least today, Biden does a better job of keeping his underling extremists in check than the Republicans do.

Mconnell is extremist. Not letting a sitting President to pick a Supreme court justice
McCarthy is an extremist. Allowing only extremist Tucker access to the Jan 6 riot tapes in attempt to change history
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2023 at 8:34:26 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I’m pretty sure there are ‘dress’ restrictions in every state. You think you can walk with just a hat and sneakers in downtown Chicago?
I’m in favor of protections for trans people against harassment. Against discrimination in general. Just not in the sporting world. And I don’t think you can just call yourself trans and magically be trans. The balls and penis in a girl’s locker room concept.
I read on my Yahoo feed about reparations attempts at almost a daily level. Heck, Pete Buttigieg who is a mainstream Democrat presidential hopeful is for reparations!

The right is being run today by McCarthy and McConnell. Extremists? I will agree with you that at least today, Biden does a better job of keeping his underling extremists in check than the Republicans do.

It depends on the state. Vermont, for example, has no state law prohibiting public nudity, for one example. However, disrobing in public is definitely illegal. There are probably some other states that leave it up to counties, or other lesser jurisdictions, what public nudity laws should or should not exist.

I've already agreed about trans male--->female participating in women's amateur sports. My position on professional sports is that the governing body of the sport can make whatever rules it wants to, but should not sanction any female athlete for choosing not to compete against a transgendered female.

Sports isn't even a question of discrimination; it's a question of fundamental competitive fairness. We have long held that males are naturally physically advantaged over females, on average, which is why we created male and female categories for a great number of sports in the first place. If there's a sport where gender shows no average difference in measurable performance, then there's probably no need for a separation of genders in that sport in the first place, but I can say that wouldn't apply to very many sports.

Seriously, if you look at a sport such as basketball and you wanted to have just one team---it would either be a team entirely of boys (provided the coach cared about winning) or would maybe be mostly guys and 1-2 girls in exceptional circumstances. Of course, exceptional female athletes should be allowed to play against boys if they choose to, anyway.

Buttigieg can publicly be for whatever he wants to publicly be for when he knows that the stated policy has no prayer of passing in Congress.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2023 at 10:33:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
It depends on the state. Vermont, for example, has no state law prohibiting public nudity, for one example. However, disrobing in public is definitely illegal. There are probably some other states that leave it up to counties, or other lesser jurisdictions, what public nudity laws should or should not exist.

I've already agreed about trans male--->female participating in women's amateur sports. My position on professional sports is that the governing body of the sport can make whatever rules it wants to, but should not sanction any female athlete for choosing not to compete against a transgendered female.

Sports isn't even a question of discrimination; it's a question of fundamental competitive fairness. We have long held that males are naturally physically advantaged over females, on average, which is why we created male and female categories for a great number of sports in the first place. If there's a sport where gender shows no average difference in measurable performance, then there's probably no need for a separation of genders in that sport in the first place, but I can say that wouldn't apply to very many sports.

Seriously, if you look at a sport such as basketball and you wanted to have just one team---it would either be a team entirely of boys (provided the coach cared about winning) or would maybe be mostly guys and 1-2 girls in exceptional circumstances. Of course, exceptional female athletes should be allowed to play against boys if they choose to, anyway.

Buttigieg can publicly be for whatever he wants to publicly be for when he knows that the stated policy has no prayer of passing in Congress.

The problem with the sports world is they just need to redesign them so people aren’t disadvantaged by their lack of equal physical makeup. Basketball should keep the high goal, but have a goal almost on the ground, that requires the ball scoring by throwing upwards through it. Now watch those tall centers be dominated on them by women and short men.

Also you should be able to make a home run in baseball by bunting the shortest distance from home plate each inning.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2023 at 10:42:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
The problem with the sports world is they just need to redesign them so people aren’t disadvantaged by their lack of equal physical makeup. Basketball should keep the high goal, but have a goal almost on the ground, that requires the ball scoring by throwing upwards through it. Now watch those tall centers be dominated on them by women and short men.

It should be a case by case decision instead of a law. I believe in the fairness of sports. I have to imagine the majority of trans athletes don't really move the bar on how well their team competes. If that's the case, let them play. Most have deep depression issues and just looking to be part of a group they feel comfortable with. Most have been bullied their whole life. Suicide is a problem among transgenders. I like living in a kinder world where we accept transgenders instead of hating them. If they are like that trans swimmer that wins all their races. I do have an issue with that but that's the exception. I think adults can get together and treat these situations in a case by case basis. If nobody is being hurt by unfair competition, why not let them participate. A lot of religious people like to forget how kind Jesus was
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 14th, 2023 at 10:51:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Also you should be able to make a home run in baseball by bunting the shortest distance from home plate each inning.

I tend to assume your post is a joke, but a person could just as easily invent a new sport that does these things. The sports that we already have are mostly just variations on some other general concept. Hell, of the big five sports, four of them involve either throwing, kicking, shooting or carrying an object to a designated area...the fifth, baseball, sometimes does as the runner must reach home, but gets to do so unimpeded on a home run...which involves blasting the object out of the legal playing area. Inventing a sport is not difficult; I can't speak for you, but we did it all the time as kids---it's whether or not it will take off that is the question.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 14th, 2023 at 11:07:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I tend to assume your post is a joke, but a person could just as easily invent a new sport that does these things. The sports that we already have are mostly just variations on some other general concept. Hell, of the big five sports, four of them involve either throwing, kicking, shooting or carrying an object to a designated area...the fifth, baseball, sometimes does as the runner must reach home, but gets to do so unimpeded on a home run...which involves blasting the object out of the legal playing area. Inventing a sport is not difficult; I can't speak for you, but we did it all the time as kids---it's whether or not it will take off that is the question.

I am all for opening up sports to everyone. I don't think there should be male sports and female sports. How about just the best no matter what sex they are?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 14th, 2023 at 11:09:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I am all for opening up sports to everyone. I don't think there should be male sports and female sports. How about just the best no matter what sex they are?

I suppose one either wants competitive balance or they do not. If one does not care about competitive balance, then that is certainly the purest decision and most pragmatic.
March 14th, 2023 at 11:17:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m for eliminating all sports competitions, period.

That way no athletes are discriminated against by all-powerful trans girls.

Problem solved.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 14th, 2023 at 11:24:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The last 10,000 years of women not actually competing against men directly has probably helped aggravate the situation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2023 at 11:30:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
The last 10,000 years of women not actually competing against men directly has probably helped aggravate the situation.

Competitive balance is not simply a men v. women question, though. There's a reason combat sports, for example, have weight classes. There's a reason that adults don't compete against six year olds in a sanctioned athletic event. When it comes to physical competition, gender is not always the only characteristic by which athletes are separated from one another. It just depends on the sport in question and has always been for the purpose of fairness in competition.