The Biden Presidency 2023

September 10th, 2023 at 2:41:25 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Member since: Aug 24, 2023
Threads: 0
Posts: 533
Quote: odiousgambit
As far as the Confederacy goes, it used to be respectable to remember and honor any ancestors/relatives who fought in it. As for now, Republicans need to recognize that is all over. It even raises eyebrows to take a view other than "it was the good guys against the bad guys". I think the best tack is to in fact point out these Confederates were all Democrats, and the anti-Civil Rights folks that followed them, all Democrats. It was the very essence of the Democratic Party, and it is still fair to point out that those exploiting Black people today are Democrats almost without exception.


It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to gerrymander voting districts to reduce the voting power of minority voters. It's the Republicans. It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to pass more restrictive voting laws, making it more are more difficult for the electorate to cast their votes. It's the Republicans. It isn't Democrats passing laws allowing states to overturn the results of elections held in blue-leaning counties. That's the Republicans, And it wasn't the Democrats who tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That, amigo, was all Republicans.

Republicans are no more the party of Lincoln today than the Democrats are party of its racist politicians of the 19th Century. It is ther exact opposite.
September 10th, 2023 at 3:15:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 18136
Quote: GenoDRPh
It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to gerrymander voting districts to reduce the voting power of minority voters. It's the Republicans. It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to pass more restrictive voting laws, making it more are more difficult for the electorate to cast their votes. It's the Republicans. It isn't Democrats passing laws allowing states to overturn the results of elections held in blue-leaning counties. That's the Republicans, And it wasn't the Democrats who tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That, amigo, was all Republicans.

Republicans are no more the party of Lincoln today than the Democrats are party of its racist politicians of the 19th Century. It is ther exact opposite.


Give me a break.

"Restrictive voting laws?" Meaning you have to show the ID you already have and actually show up at the polls? Boo hoo hoo.

It isn't Republicans saying minorities are not intelligent enough to get an ID, it is Democrats.

It isn't Republicans cramming minorities into minority-majority districts, it is Democrats.

It wasn't Republicans who overturned a Senate election in MN, it was Democrats.

It wasn't Republicans who wanted to only recount some votes in FL, it was Democrats.

Get a life.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2023 at 3:25:06 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Member since: Aug 24, 2023
Threads: 0
Posts: 533
Quote: AZDuffman
Give me a break.

"Restrictive voting laws?" Meaning you have to show the ID you already have and actually show up at the polls? Boo hoo hoo.

It isn't Republicans saying minorities are not intelligent enough to get an ID, it is Democrats.

It isn't Republicans cramming minorities into minority-majority districts, it is Democrats.

It wasn't Republicans who overturned a Senate election in MN, it was Democrats.

It wasn't Republicans who wanted to only recount some votes in FL, it was Democrats.

Get a life.


If you're referring to the Senate election in 2016, the recount was triggered automatically by state law, not at the request of the Dems or Al Franken. More lies to defend racism. And more excuses for the casual racism of the GOP.

I feel pity for you. You're positons have no credibility,
September 10th, 2023 at 4:41:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 18136
Quote: GenoDRPh
If you're referring to the Senate election in 2016, the recount was triggered automatically by state law, not at the request of the Dems or Al Franken. More lies to defend racism. And more excuses for the casual racism of the GOP.

I feel pity for you. You're positons have no credibility,


You don't even have the year right.

I don't think about you at all.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2023 at 5:27:20 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Member since: Aug 24, 2023
Threads: 0
Posts: 533
Quote: AZDuffman
You don't even have the year right.

I don't think about you at all.


You spend a lot of time responding. And my life continues on its torrid pace, in spite of not living in the heads of the racists,
September 10th, 2023 at 6:23:20 PM permalink
Tanko
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 1932
Quote: GenoDRPh
It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to gerrymander voting districts to reduce the voting power of minority voters.


Why would they, when a major part of their base is minority voters?

Where dems are in control, they change the congressional maps along racial and partisan lines to limit the voting power of conservative voters.

New York's top court rejects congressional maps drawn by Democrats
September 11th, 2023 at 3:41:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
Quote: GenoDRPh
It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to gerrymander voting districts to reduce the voting power of minority voters. It's the Republicans. It isn't the Democrats of today that continue to pass more restrictive voting laws, making it more are more difficult for the electorate to cast their votes. It's the Republicans. It isn't Democrats passing laws allowing states to overturn the results of elections held in blue-leaning counties. That's the Republicans, And it wasn't the Democrats who tried to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That, amigo, was all Republicans.

Republicans are no more the party of Lincoln today than the Democrats are party of its racist politicians of the 19th Century. It is ther exact opposite.
Most telling of all, it's the Democrats who run the big cities just like they used to run the slave labor plantations. They can no longer ensure their victims can't read, so they instead make sure the education system is as bad as they can make it, then at least most of the denizens will still be illiterate. They make sure the housing is lousy, just like in plantation days... and live in poverty in any case. And they make sure all are totally compliant ... no dissent allowed, inhabitants are told who to vote for and the consequences if they don't.

I'm not too crazy about the Republicans either, they're too much like the Democrats in everything else
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 12th, 2023 at 10:06:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
September 12th, 2023 at 11:51:17 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Member since: Aug 24, 2023
Threads: 0
Posts: 533
Quote: odiousgambit
Most telling of all, it's the Democrats who run the big cities just like they used to run the slave labor plantations. They can no longer ensure their victims can't read, so they instead make sure the education system is as bad as they can make it, then at least most of the denizens will still be illiterate. They make sure the housing is lousy, just like in plantation days... and live in poverty in any case. And they make sure all are totally compliant ... no dissent allowed, inhabitants are told who to vote for and the consequences if they don't.

I'm not too crazy about the Republicans either, they're too much like the Democrats in everything else


Schools are better in blue areas of the country than red areas, amigo.
September 12th, 2023 at 12:02:16 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 153
Posts: 4983
Quote: GenoDRPh
Schools are better in blue areas of the country than red areas, amigo.
I like how you have no need for sources, in fact you seem to be used to having things accepted without argument as long as it fits the narrative.

Are we talking here the fever swamps of the faculty lounges?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]