The Biden Presidency 2023

September 13th, 2023 at 6:08:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Why does the government sometimes have to push things before people are ready. I don't know, starting the space program before Space X got around to it, so we're not speaking Russian today, and forcing mandatory education for all children in the 1800s, That's just a start.

And there's likely big lithium deposits in Nevada that haven't been tapped according to preliminary exploration.

The space program equates to forcing electric cars how?

Forcing EVs might have us speaking Chinese at this rate.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 6:21:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
The space program equates to forcing electric cars how?

Forcing EVs might have us speaking Chinese at this rate.

Because getting ahead of nations by addressing future issues is a net gain for us. Even if you personally don't believe it is viable or useful. Early combustions engines weren't efficient either in all various areas concerned.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2023 at 6:28:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Because getting ahead of nations by addressing future issues is a net gain for us. Even if you personally don't believe it is viable or useful. Early combustions engines weren't efficient either in all various areas concerned.

Future issues? What future issues?

If they had pushed EVs 120 years ago we would be speaking German.

Bottom line is if EVs were so great we would not need subsidies and mandates.

How does your EV treat you btw?
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 6:47:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Future issues? What future issues?

Alternate energy and climate changed. Fossil fuel companies have lied and participated in deceptions and you only want to talk about Al Gore.

Quote:
If they had pushed EVs 120 years ago we would be speaking German.

Bottom line is if EVs were so great we would not need subsidies and mandates.

How does your EV treat you btw?

Mine treated me fine. Electric bicycle I first bought in around 2012 had a NiMH battery and lasted 4 years. Used it while I lived in Vegas.

Panasonic, made in Japan. Second one made in China didn't last as long, battery was fine but broke a gear in electric hub. That's what we get when we don't also do our own development. Third one I sold recently, made in California. Haven't really needed it much. Worked fine as long as I used it. Now some lady is riding it around.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 13th, 2023 at 7:23:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Alternate energy and climate changed. Fossil fuel companies have lied and participated in deceptions and you only want to talk about Al Gore.

Deception? They sold gasoline and I bought it. What deception?

Yes, I want to talk about a guy who wants to tell me how to live but refuses to follow his own demands.

Climate has changed for 4.5 billion years. What does Exxon have to do with that?
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 7:56:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Deception? They sold gasoline and I bought it. What deception?

Yes, I want to talk about a guy who wants to tell me how to live but refuses to follow his own demands.

Climate has changed for 4.5 billion years. What does Exxon have to do with that?

I charge $1000 to look up your questions about anything you could research yourself. Pay in advance.
September 13th, 2023 at 9:04:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I charge $1000 to look up your questions about anything you could research yourself. Pay in advance.

YOU made the claim YOU back it up.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 9:15:20 AM permalink
rxwine
YOU made the claim YOU back it up.

You're the one who thinks for yourself. Supposedly. But you continue to make stupid claims and comments. So, I don't work for free for you since you claim to be so capable.
September 13th, 2023 at 9:34:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You're the one who thinks for yourself. Supposedly. But you continue to make stupid claims and comments. So, I don't work for free for you since you claim to be so capable.

I already said I see no deception as they offered gasoline for a price and I bought it. So where is there any deception?

I do not expect you to back anything up. Maybe you will post a video of someone buying gas and complaining? I do not expect anything more. Or we could get lucky and the infobabe on TV will tell you how to think on the matter.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 9:47:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I do not expect you to back anything up. Maybe you will post a video of someone buying gas and complaining? I do not expect anything more. Or we could get lucky and the infobabe on TV will tell you how to think on the matter.

Righties are so bad about projecting what they do onto lefties…

Or maybe Duffy thinks Rachel Maddow is an “infobabe.” Maybe he’s into that masculine type of woman. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman