The Biden Presidency 2023

September 13th, 2023 at 12:32:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
Far left-wing radical doesn't know squat.

Mind controlled.

You must've been educated in one of those Red States with terrible schools.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:38:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: GenoDRPh
EV infrastucture isn't there yet, But, you know what else wasn't there yet when they first came out? Filling stations for gasoline vehicles. So we just build out more EV superchargers.

The rest of your post argues best when you argue my point.

I generally agree with you on the EV discussion. Just right now, there are many areas of the country that WITHOUT any new EVs the grid can’t handle PRESENT demand during peak electricity usage times. How many NEW nuclear plants are being built? How many new coil/oil/natural gas power plants are being built? The amount of new ‘green’ energy production doesn’t COME CLOSE to meeting the increased demand that the government is trying to force on us.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:42:16 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
You must've been educated in one of those Red States with terrible schools.

The trick is not to get a degree in one of the Marxists' colleges.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:43:49 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
According to the International Energy Agency, fossil fuel handouts hit a global high of $1 trillion in 2022 – the same year Big Oil pulled in a record $4 trillion of income. In the United States, by some estimates taxpayers pay about $20 billion dollars every year to the fossil fuel industry. Verifiable numbers. Fossil fuels will receive 10x as much in tax breaks this year as the entire EV industry will in its entire history.

Power stations can run at about 50% efficiency, compared to 25–30% for vehicle engines. Burning a gallon of fuel in a large efficient power station will generate enough electricity to power an electric car for more miles than that same gallon of fuel would have powered it directly.

Scotsman Robert Anderson is often credited with inventing the first electric car some time between 1832 and 1839. Electricity has been studied for millennia, and especially since the 1700s, and certainly earlier than 1870.

As for me, I drive a Toyata Hybrid as my daily driver. Gets great mileage, and can run on the battery if needed.

You may be excellent at gambling games, but you're a complete moron at pretty much everything else.

IEA supports climate change do you really think their numbers are not biased?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 13th, 2023 at 12:47:18 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think Dr. G. is showing you can find support these days for just about any screwy statement you can dream up, to wit,

- schools in red states are worse than inner city schools
- oil companies are a subsidized industry*
- Maui? there's nothing to see here, move along [unless you want to cite climate change]

of course it helps if you put your own twist on things

* claims seem to be mostly about tax breaks for drilling and exploration. Of course you can twist that into "subsidies"
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 13th, 2023 at 12:54:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

One friend has a Volt. It is an EV with a backup gas power. I think the ‘engine’ just recharged the batteries. Anyway, he charges it every night with the free electricity he gets from home solar panels. And rarely needs to gas up.

Volt is not an EV. It is a PHEV. It is a hybrid just like the Prius. Actually it is a sounder idea, a car version of a diesel-electric engine but plugs in. Well, it would be if GM did not complicate it to make it able to run on engine and motor at same time. It is a sounder idea than a Prius, let the engine charge a battery at max efficiency and the motor, which is better at stop and go traffic, run the car.

Alas, it did not make it. Mary Barra is betting GM on pure EV much as Roger Smith did on FWD in the 80s. If not for the crazy EV mandates the Volt system might have been the standard. It is something I would consider except for it is not in the kind of vehicle I want.

Why wait for FL? I would think a Vette would do great in Buffalo in January lol
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:54:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
The trick is not to get a degree in one of the Marxists' colleges.

I got my undergrad at a college that has the 3rd highest value for the money in the US, is ranked #2 in New England and #6 in the nation for median salary, and ranked fourth among 700+ U.S. universities based on metrics such as graduation rates and earnings. Made a good choice.

And funny how those Marxist colleges are the best colleges.
September 13th, 2023 at 12:57:05 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I got my undergrad at a college that has the 3rd highest value for the money in the US, is ranked #2 in New England and #6 in the nation for median salary, and ranked fourth among 700+ U.S. universities based on metrics such as graduation rates and earnings. Made a good choice.

And funny how those Marxist colleges are the best colleges.

Which one controlled your critical thinking skills?

Harvard?
September 13th, 2023 at 1:01:17 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Quote: odiousgambit
I think Dr. G. is showing you can find support these days for just about any screwy statement you can dream up, to wit,

- schools in red states are worse than inner city schools
- oil companies are a subsidized industry*
- Maui? there's nothing to see here, move along [unless you want to cite climate change]

of course it helps if you put your own twist on things

* claims seem to be mostly about tax breaks for drilling and exploration. Of course you can twist that into "subsidies"

Schools in Red States are worse than inner city schools. Oil companies are subsidized-by their own admission. And The Maui fires were destined to happen due to terrrible water rights management over the years.

What else would you call them?
September 13th, 2023 at 1:02:04 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Which one controlled your critical thinking skills?

Harvard?

You would lucky to attend the schools of higher learning I attended.