The Trump Arrest thread

August 15th, 2023 at 7:13:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Biden could still get in trouble by following a similar Bill Clinton path. Not committing a crime, but committing perjury by lying about what he knows. I'm not sure what Clinton was more embarrassed by the idea of the affair with a young intern, or revealing the affair to Hillary through testimony. He should have gone home and confessed to Hillary and taken all the blowback. I don't know politically how the rest of that would have played out with the public. He was caught smearing Monica, not knowing they had his DNA on the blue dress. So, it wouldn't be great, but at least not a perjury crime.

* edit should be not committing a crime directly, but then committing the crime of perjury trying to cover up his bad behavior.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2023 at 7:27:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Biden can’t commit perjury, he has dementia!! *wink wink*
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2023 at 8:07:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
This is about Donny, not Biden. You’re falling for RonC’s “both sides” trap.

What both sides trap? I am not on here proclaiming Trump's innocence or anything of the sort. I am not saying Biden is the same as Trump. He's not. They both have huge flaws as people but they are not the same. They are different.

If you can't see the flaws in both of them, you are blind. I do know who, at this point, has the worst flaws and issues.

Talking about Biden's potential legal issues does not dismiss Trump's in any way. I'll say it clearly so you understand...Trump is in MUCH GREATER legal peril than President Biden.

There is no "trap"--it was more of a comment about the whole election season and the potential for both to be under worse clouds than they are now.
August 15th, 2023 at 8:08:40 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Biden could still get in trouble by following a similar Bill Clinton path. Not committing a crime, but committing perjury by lying about what he knows. I'm not sure what Clinton was more embarrassed by the idea of the affair with a young intern, or revealing the affair to Hillary through testimony. He should have gone home and confessed to Hillary and taken all the blowback. I don't know politically how the rest of that would have played out with the public. He was caught smearing Monica, not knowing they had his DNA on the blue dress. So, it wouldn't be great, but at least not a perjury crime.

* edit should be not committing a crime directly, but then committing the crime of perjury trying to cover up his bad behavior.

Then he can have his own arrest thread!
August 15th, 2023 at 8:36:40 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-indictment-georgia-fulton-county-08-15-23/index.html

Trump indicted in Fulton County GA, for alleged election interference. He has 24 hours to report to the County and voluntarily surrender.

This is amazing news for election integrity.
August 15th, 2023 at 8:44:32 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Gandler
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-indictment-georgia-fulton-county-08-15-23/index.html

Trump indicted in Fulton County GA, for alleged election interference. He has 24 hours to report to the County and voluntarily surrender.

This is amazing news for election integrity.

Not exactly correct on timing to surrender:

"Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said the 19 defendants have until noon ET on August 25 to "voluntarily surrender."

Should be quite a spectacle over the next 10 days or so. What day will Trump report?
August 15th, 2023 at 8:49:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: RonC
Not exactly correct on timing to surrender:

"Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said the 19 defendants have until noon ET on August 25 to "voluntarily surrender."

Should be quite a spectacle over the next 10 days or so. What day will Trump report?

It looks like you are right, I heard 24 hours on the radio, but this might be a mix up.

I would guess Trump will report as late as possible (I know I would.)
August 15th, 2023 at 8:51:04 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Gandler
It looks like you are right, I heard 24 hours on the radio, but this might be a mix up.

I would guess Trump will report as late as possible (I know I would.)

He has a news conference planned on Monday, so it won't be this week!

I would say as late as he can also.
August 15th, 2023 at 8:55:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Saw someone on Twitter say that Rudy Giuliani will be appealing this all the way to the Supreme Courtyard Marriott.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2023 at 9:00:50 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
Saw someone on Twitter say that Rudy Giuliani will be appealing this all the way to the Supreme Courtyard Marriott.

How dare you pick on a feeble old man!

The horror!

Some people should have retired and stayed retired.