The Trump Arrest thread

August 15th, 2023 at 9:02:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I bet Rudy shows up to his booking in a wheelchair.

For some reason these old creeps think it will garner sympathy if they show up to court looking infirmed (see Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2023 at 9:05:06 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The DA wants to start this trial in six months.

I don't think that will happen.
August 15th, 2023 at 9:10:05 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
There’s a reason this image went viral last night: sometimes you gotta enjoy the karma!

Just watched a clip of this interview on MSNBC.

Hillary lied openly when talking about it...saying something to the effect of..."I don't get any satisfaction out of this..."

...as she laughed.

I'm okay with her getting some satisfaction out of it.

I am not with her openly lying.

Or is that another RonC "both sides" thing that I am not allowed to write?
August 15th, 2023 at 9:26:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I didn’t actually watch the interview so I have no comment.

You can write whatever you want about Hillary, she can take it. I’m sure she is enjoying her life as a private citizen WAY more than Donny currently is.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 15th, 2023 at 10:21:25 AM permalink
RonC
...You can write whatever you want about...

All Thanks Be To The Flying Spaghetti Monster...I can write whatever I want!!

...Hillary, she can take it. I’m sure she is enjoying her life as a private citizen WAY more than Donny currently is.

I doubt it, but you could be right. The thing for her is that three people (at least) that she feels she should have become President instead of have held that office and one of them still has (not much of) a chance to be the next President.

Lost to Obama. She may respect him more than the other two...

Trump and Biden. She knows in her mind she should have been President before both of them and that likely haunts her.

Will Trump's life be more enjoyable later? I think she will pull ahead when he is jailed or whatever the heck they do with him.

91 counts. They will get him on something (my opinion). He has to win against EVERY charge to avoid a conviction. The prosecutors have to win ONE.
August 15th, 2023 at 10:24:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
If by indoctrinated you mean proud that I was involved in making life better for literally tens of thousands of patients over my 30+ years of practicing, then yeah, I was indoctrinated. Life expectancy in ‘1st world’ countries has soared in the half century since you and I were born. You don’t think us indoctrinated doctors have had anything to do with it? And BIG PHARMA as well?

Indoctrinated into a six-figure career, no less. They sure hoodwinked you there!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 15th, 2023 at 10:36:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: RonC
There’s a reason this image went viral last night: sometimes you gotta enjoy the karma!

Just watched a clip of this interview on MSNBC.

Hillary lied openly when talking about it...saying something to the effect of..."I don't get any satisfaction out of this..."

...as she laughed.

I'm okay with her getting some satisfaction out of it.

I am not with her openly lying.

Or is that another RonC "both sides" thing that I am not allowed to write?

(Picture removed; duplication, space)

What office does she hold; what office is she running for? I think she's done, so I don't really care if she lies or doesn't lie.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 15th, 2023 at 10:59:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Her best chance was when she ran up against Obama. Except that she ran up against Obama, so her best chance wasn’t good enough. She accumulated too much baggage and Trump was another populist candidate. C’est la vie.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2023 at 11:01:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
We actually haven’t had any other First Ladies with ambitions to be President that I know of. I could be wrong, just going from memory.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2023 at 11:13:55 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Her best chance was when she ran up against Obama. Except that she ran up against Obama, so her best chance wasn’t good enough. She accumulated too much baggage and Trump was another populist candidate. C’est la vie.

Disagree. Obama beat her for the nomination, straight up, no two ways about it. I know the total vote was close, but he won in delegates, contests (by a lot) and popular vote, which was a squeaker.

After that, she would have had to beat McCain, which I'm not confident she could do. Of course, had he still picked Palin as a running mate, who knows?

Trump was easily her best shot. The Democratic nomination was basically handed to her; Sanders was relatively careful not to punch her too hard and 2% popular vote would normally be a relatively safe margin nationally.

She made several mistakes: The overall tone of her campaign sucked; she comes off as extremely shrill when she's at a podium; "Deplorables"; and her campaign (with her having a popular vote lead in national and relevant state polling) started making a push in very improbable states...which I can only assume was to run up the score. Maybe there was a strategy behind it like a, "Backup state," sort of thing, but if so, then that strategy sucked. I think you could maybe do it, but this was August or September of 2016 they started making these pushes; you'd have to start much earlier.