In the News II

July 15th, 2023 at 9:26:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Quote: ams288
A leaked set photo from Disney’s live action Snow White movie has come out.

As expected, retarded right wingers are now SUPER upset about this children’s movie they haven’t seen.

I am sure they are freaking out about the skin and gender diversity.

I personally am surprised that they do not appear to actually be little people (though I guess they can use editing tricks to change this later). I thought this was a controversy now (using tall actors in roles that should naturally be played by little people and hence limiting job opportunities for little people.)

The left is the side obsessed with skin color. Heck lefties here said skin color should be a qualification to get into a selective college.

How on earth are legacy admissions affirmative action?
The President is a fink.
July 15th, 2023 at 9:40:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

As expected, retarded right wingers are now SUPER upset about this children’s movie they haven’t seen.

I personally am surprised that they do not appear to actually be little people (though I guess they can use editing tricks to change this later). I thought this was a controversy now (using tall actors in roles that should naturally be played by little people and hence limiting job opportunities for little people.)

The left is the side obsessed with skin color. Heck lefties here said skin color should be a qualification to get into a selective college.

It’s not based on meeting an academic standard like having high testing scores or GPA.

Quote:
Legacy preference or legacy admission is a preference given by an institution or organization to certain applicants on the basis of their familial relationship to alumni of that institution
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 15th, 2023 at 11:39:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Since historically top colleges have been disproportionately white over black, there will be disproportionately more white legacy admits than black ones. That makes it racist in favor of whites. And against blacks. Pretty simple to understand.
July 15th, 2023 at 11:44:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO

Since historically top colleges have been disproportionately white over black, there will be disproportionately more white legacy admits than black ones. That makes it racist in favor of whites. And against blacks. Pretty simple to understand.

Weak argument. Not a reason to use skin color as a qualification. And few whites qualify so saying it is for whites is silly.
The President is a fink.
July 15th, 2023 at 1:35:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO

Weak argument. Not a reason to use skin color as a qualification. And few whites qualify so saying it is for whites is silly.

You asked "How on earth are legacy admissions affirmative action". What you're adding has nothing to do with what was claimed or said by anyone but you. No one is saying it excuses discrimination by race or that all whites benefit. Something doesn't have to have benefited all whites to be discrimination anyway. It can be a practice just limited to one place in time at a certain moment to be discrimination.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 15th, 2023 at 1:58:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman

You asked "How on earth are legacy admissions affirmative action". What you're adding has nothing to do with what was claimed or said by anyone but you. No one is saying it excuses discrimination by race or that all whites benefit. Something doesn't have to have benefited all whites to be discrimination anyway. It can be a practice just limited to one place in time at a certain moment to be discrimination.

The point is it is not affirmative action for whites. Just a claim by a black supremacist who is upset that she is not getting her way. I wonder if she gets that sports scholarships benefit blacks more than whites. That there are many scholarships reserved for minorities but next to none reserved for whites.

She can go screw.
The President is a fink.
July 17th, 2023 at 2:25:00 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Disgusting Treasury Secretary Yellen can't stop bowing to Chinese Vice Premier after consuming four portions of jian shou suing psychedelic mushrooms in Beijing restaurant.

Vice Premier does not bow in return, signaling supremacy.
July 18th, 2023 at 4:36:34 AM permalink
rxwine
New Tik Tok challenge. Step into N. Korea and try to get back.

j/k

I don't know what happened yet.
July 18th, 2023 at 8:50:43 AM permalink
rxwine
This happens often enough to put up signs, “Welcome “___ days since the last visitor gored”.

Quote:

The 47-year-old woman suffered “significant injuries to her chest and abdomen” and was flown by helicopter to a hospital, the park said. Her condition was not released in a statement Monday.
The woman, from Phoenix, walked away from the bison after she and the person she was with spotted two of the animals, the National Park Service said. One of the bison charged.
July 19th, 2023 at 4:12:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Zuckerberg is opening his company's AI to programmers to tinker with. I think the cat's out of bag on this one anyway.

Good or bad, humanity is going barreling down the technology highway full speed ahead to our destiny. Whatever that may be.