In the News II

January 10th, 2024 at 8:57:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
The incompetence of James Comer continues to be a gift to Dems.

Nancy Mace was great also. Waiting to see rightwing spin saying as much. Gonna be looking for editorials supporting her.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2024 at 11:58:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I see Hunter dashed out of the hearing right before Marjorie Taylor Greene was about to speak.

As a result, the cable news networks cut away from airing it live before she got her 5 minutes.

Hilarious.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 10th, 2024 at 2:54:04 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Hunter is a stud.

He walked right in and walked right out when he wanted.

He owns them.

They were powerless.

How embarrassing to be over-matched by a stud.

There's your Presidential candidate.
January 10th, 2024 at 3:57:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DoubleGold
Hunter is a stud.

He walked right in and walked right out when he wanted.

He owns them.

They were powerless.

How embarrassing to be over-matched by a stud.

There's your Presidential candidate.

Well, DG, I had a passing thought of Hunter using this to catapult himself to run for the Presidency. Lately, I'm not totally convinced that almost anyone couldn't get there.

But then I woke up from a fever dream.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 10th, 2024 at 4:05:35 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: rxwine
Well, DG, I had a passing thought of Hunter using this to catapult himself to run for the Presidency. Lately, I'm not totally convinced that almost anyone couldn't get there.

But then I woke up from a fever dream.

But look at his genetics. :)
January 11th, 2024 at 5:50:17 AM permalink
rxwine
2,000-year-old bullet found with Julius Caesar's name on it was likely used in civil war.

Headline. Not our civil war.
January 11th, 2024 at 6:42:54 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
2,000-year-old bullet found with Julius Caesar's name on it was likely used in civil war.

Headline. Not our civil war.
I was thinking "they didn't have bullets back then" but I was wrong ... they had lead bullets for slingshots. Also see "people also ask" thread

https://www.livescience.com/archaeology/romans/2000-year-old-bullet-found-with-julius-caesars-name-on-it-was-likely-used-in-civil-war
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 11th, 2024 at 7:43:04 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
I see Hunter dashed out of the hearing right before Marjorie Taylor Greene was about to speak.

As a result, the cable news networks cut away from airing it live before she got her 5 minutes.

Hilarious.

The MSM has their spin which you always fall for. Here is an alternate way to look at what was staged by the Biden campaign.

"After more back and forth shouting and insults, Mace continued: “I think that Hunter Biden should be arrested right here, right now. Go straight to jail. Our nation is founded on the rule of law and the premise that the law applies equally to everyone no matter what your last name is,” she added, before being interrupted again by another Democrat."

"Biden and his attorneys left before the vote on the resolution, abruptly getting up and bolting for the doors when it was Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) turn to speak."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 11th, 2024 at 7:44:33 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
The MSM has their spin which you always fall for. Here is an alternate way to look at what was staged by the Biden campaign.

"After more back and forth shouting and insults, Mace continued: “I think that Hunter Biden should be arrested right here, right now. Go straight to jail. Our nation is founded on the rule of law and the premise that the law applies equally to everyone no matter what your last name is,” she added, before being interrupted again by another Democrat."

"Biden and his attorneys left before the vote on the resolution, abruptly getting up and bolting for the doors when it was Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s (R-Ga.) turn to speak."

Does that "rule of law" thing also apply if your last name is Trump?
January 11th, 2024 at 8:31:38 AM permalink
DoubleGold
In 2008 it was John McCain.

In 2012 it was Mitt Romney.

In 2016 it was Jeb Bush.

Obviously, it's controlled opposition.

Now, it's Nimarata Randhawa.

Do your own research to find out how Nimarata was able to afford her beautiful new mansion.