In the News II

January 28th, 2024 at 4:58:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman

Well under 50% of the population think that there should be UNRESTRICTED ACCESS to abortion.

If we're giving context to majority opinion of the people RvWade would have never been overturned in the first place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 28th, 2024 at 5:09:24 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Posting this for our lefty bubble people that think they are informed.

"Non-coverage of the 2024 March for Life is a sign of things to come in this year’s campaign. Attendance was estimated at 50,000 to 100,000 in freezing weather. Speakers included House Speaker Mike Johnson and Jim Harbaugh, coach of the 2024 National College Football Team.

There was no mention of the event on the evening news that day or the morning news the next day on ABC, NBC and CBS. But NBC had a story on high school girls who are basing their decision of where to go to college on whether a state allows unrestricted access to abortion. The network touted this as “a growing trend.”

Well under 50% of the population think that there should be UNRESTRICTED ACCESS to abortion.

Could be the March for Life isn't newsworthy. The March for life has been held in January-in freezing temps-for decades. High school girls choosing where to go to college based on abortion access is a new phenomenon, and is worthy of reporting.

And before you accuse me of being uniformed, I used to live in Wash DC and the March for Life was always front page news am well acquainted with it. And I consider every single one of those attendees are opponents to be defeated,

Create a TV network, or a newspaper or news website and you can decide what's newsworthy and what isn't.
January 29th, 2024 at 4:05:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't really like the way this story is being reported, but will mention it anyway, but researchers are estimating 65,000 rape related pregnancies have already occurred in the 14 states that enacted new or stricter bans on abortion. (cough cough) Go (cough) Life!

It's research data on estimation, JAMA medical journal. I don't discount it, but I wouldn't be pushing it very hard either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 29th, 2024 at 6:04:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

"Non-coverage of the 2024 March for Life is a sign of things to come in this year’s campaign. Attendance was estimated at 50,000 to 100,000 in freezing weather. Speakers included House Speaker Mike Johnson and Jim Harbaugh, coach of the 2024 National College Football Team.

There was no mention of the event on the evening news that day or the morning news the next day on ABC, NBC and CBS. But NBC had a story on high school girls who are basing their decision of where to go to college on whether a state allows unrestricted access to abortion. The network touted this as “a growing trend.”

Cool.

How did red-state Ohio vote on their abortion amendment a couple months ago?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 29th, 2024 at 8:12:45 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
"Donald Trump Ate My Cat For a Bet"

The headline in one of the Sunday tabloids here.

You can read the full story on page 5
https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=bc6e39a1-c869-4d97-9dcb-345271474fe0
January 29th, 2024 at 8:25:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Just because the access exists doesn't mean that anyone is required to avail themselves of that access, or have sex at all, for that matter.

Evangelical Christians are morons who think that ensuring having sex out of wedlock, or getting raped (again, out of wedlock, obviously) should have a lifetime of consequences as it will prevent that behavior, rape aside, of course.

Also, 'National College Football Team,' is there only one? I think they meant for the word, 'Champion,' to appear somewhere after 'National.' It's okay; the article was probably written by AI, anyway.

In any event, 50,000-100,000 Evangelical Conservative retards get together and freeze their butts off and that's supposed to get national reporting? Why? Of course, that also ignores that C-Span, Fox and The Washington Post all did, in fact, cover it. They didn't even really freeze their butts off; the, 'Feels Like,' was around thirty degrees in D.C. a lot of that day...that's maybe, maybe not, wear a hoodie for me. Make it sound like they trudged through three feet of snow and ice...which would be great...because then their demonstration would be even more retarded.

Still, there was a demonstration in Washington D.C.; alert CNN; alert MSNBC; there's never been a demonstration in Washington D.C. before...literally every other day of the year aside.

Where does this '50,000-100,000' come from, anyway? How is the bottom end of the range exactly half relative to the top end of the range? Oh, we had maybe 100,000, or it might have been half of that...who's counting, really? Could you imagine if you were a commissioned sales rep and reported your sales that way? Oh, I had 1,000, or so, sales this year...might have been 500.

Washington Post reports it as, 'Thousands,' but the article is hidden behind a paywall because, 'Democracy dies in darkness,' so I don't know if they eventually give a more specific number. Of course, Fox DC reports it as, 'Thousands' rather than 50,000, or even, 'Tens of thousands.':

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/march-for-life-2024-thousands-brave-snow-to-rally-against-abortion-rights

If your source is going to lie anyway, then why not say a million, ten million, every single person in the country!? What's the difference?

"Awww....the big bad liberal mainstream media (who we make no secret of hating and distrusting) didn't give our wittle demonstration any attention; life's so unfair!" Cry me a river.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 29th, 2024 at 9:46:33 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
I am not surprised accurate numbers are hard to come by. After the bullchit Scott Spicer tried to pull over the attendance during Trump inaugural, the Feds as well as news orgs stopped trying to estimate attendance at mass gatherings. Indeed, the National park Service stopped doing crowd counts even before that.
January 29th, 2024 at 2:06:21 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Mission146
Just because the access exists doesn't mean that anyone is required to avail themselves of that access, or have sex at all, for that matter.

Evangelical Christians are morons who think that ensuring having sex out of wedlock, or getting raped (again, out of wedlock, obviously) should have a lifetime of consequences as it will prevent that behavior, rape aside, of course.

Also, 'National College Football Team,' is there only one? I think they meant for the word, 'Champion,' to appear somewhere after 'National.' It's okay; the article was probably written by AI, anyway.

In any event, 50,000-100,000 Evangelical Conservative retards get together and freeze their butts off and that's supposed to get national reporting? Why? Of course, that also ignores that C-Span, Fox and The Washington Post all did, in fact, cover it. They didn't even really freeze their butts off; the, 'Feels Like,' was around thirty degrees in D.C. a lot of that day...that's maybe, maybe not, wear a hoodie for me. Make it sound like they trudged through three feet of snow and ice...which would be great...because then their demonstration would be even more retarded.

Still, there was a demonstration in Washington D.C.; alert CNN; alert MSNBC; there's never been a demonstration in Washington D.C. before...literally every other day of the year aside.

Where does this '50,000-100,000' come from, anyway? How is the bottom end of the range exactly half relative to the top end of the range? Oh, we had maybe 100,000, or it might have been half of that...who's counting, really? Could you imagine if you were a commissioned sales rep and reported your sales that way? Oh, I had 1,000, or so, sales this year...might have been 500.

Washington Post reports it as, 'Thousands,' but the article is hidden behind a paywall because, 'Democracy dies in darkness,' so I don't know if they eventually give a more specific number. Of course, Fox DC reports it as, 'Thousands' rather than 50,000, or even, 'Tens of thousands.':

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/march-for-life-2024-thousands-brave-snow-to-rally-against-abortion-rights

If your source is going to lie anyway, then why not say a million, ten million, every single person in the country!? What's the difference?

"Awww....the big bad liberal mainstream media (who we make no secret of hating and distrusting) didn't give our wittle demonstration any attention; life's so unfair!" Cry me a river.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 29th, 2024 at 3:41:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: GenoDRPh
I am not surprised accurate numbers are hard to come by. After the bullchit Scott Spicer tried to pull over the attendance during Trump inaugural, the Feds as well as news orgs stopped trying to estimate attendance at mass gatherings. Indeed, the National park Service stopped doing crowd counts even before that.

True. I guess my point is, when they say 50,000-100,000, the margin of error is the same number as the supposed baseline attendance. Basically, that tells me that anywhere between 0-100,000 people were there, which I could have guessed on my own.

The fact that Fox Washington (who should also be inclined towards hyperbole) said, ‘Thousands,’ rather than, ‘Tens of thousands,’ to me, means we’re probably talking about a few thousand people.

In any event, there were almost certainly not 100k people for that specific march, and even if there had been, it wasn’t even particularly cold that day.

It’s a shame there wasn’t a contra-protest and they could show a live stream of someone actually getting an abortion, in real time, to the marchers. That would be hysterical.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 29th, 2024 at 3:54:56 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
------------

"Well under 50% of the population think that there should be UNRESTRICTED ACCESS to abortion."

------------

I don't think abortion can be regulated because it could override a person's will.

A person has to have the ability to be wrong.

However, if a person can choose to be wrong with an innocent person, then that could open up other negative consequences for society in general and for the persons intimately involved.

It has to be addressed through awakening.