In the News II

May 19th, 2023 at 7:02:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Amazing how fast the democrats have mucked things up.

????

Did Dems just take control of NYC or something?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2023 at 2:34:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
They buried Jason Neely today. He was the homeless man on the subway who complained about being hungry and thirsty and verbally threatening riders, before being choked to death by a fellow passenger who felt threatened by him.

The NYC Department of Homeless Services listed Neely in the top fifty 'at risk' homeless people in the city.

Despite that, and 44 arrests which included assaults on elderly women, Neely was always put back on the streets to fend for himself. Elderly women rejoiced everywhere.

Yesterday, the city began moving busloads of illegals into the 1,000 room Roosevelt Hotel, after agreeing to pay more than $222 million to house them there for three years. Free meals and medical included.

What is more amazing is they will all get re-elected. Machine politics at its best.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2023 at 4:08:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
They buried Jason Neely today. He was the homeless man on the subway who complained about being hungry and thirsty and verbally threatening riders, before being choked to death by a fellow passenger who felt threatened by him.

The NYC Department of Homeless Services listed Neely in the top fifty 'at risk' homeless people in the city.

Despite that, and 44 arrests which included assaults on elderly women, Neely was always put back on the streets to fend for himself. Elderly women rejoiced everywhere.

Yesterday, the city began moving busloads of illegals into the 1,000 room Roosevelt Hotel, after agreeing to pay more than $222 million to house them there for three years. Free meals and medical included.

On the flip side
Not mucked up enough to make Tanko move
Tanko considers NYC the most fabulous city to live in. There isn't a better city in the world to live in but NYC. The Tanko meter proves it. Sure there is some crime but it's the best place on the planet to live according to the Tanko meter.
Desantis mucked up FL
I left
Tanko will never leave fabulous NYC
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2023 at 4:29:03 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: AZDuffman

What is more amazing is they will all get re-elected. Machine politics at its best.

It's worse than that.

It's a trend, like Rahm Emmanuel, Lori Lightfoot, Brandon Johnson, etc. in Chicago

Each succeeding mayoral generation gets more radically left.

Check out Brandon Johnson's new financial plan for Chicago.

It's like they want to discourage business and destroy their city even more.

I never saw anything close to it other than on the west coast.
May 20th, 2023 at 11:31:49 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold

Each succeeding mayoral generation gets more radically left.

The Republican Party is like a ghost that doesn't know it's dead.

The only races that matter, are primary races between far left and center-left democrats.

Surprisingly, in Philidelphia, the most conservative candidate won the recent democrat mayoral primary, which guarantees her election in the Fall.

Cherelle Parker Priorities:

Implementing her safety plan, involving more police presence and surveillance cameras, consistent city services, and more.

Starting up robust year-round schooling in the public education system.

Reducing wage and business taxes.
May 20th, 2023 at 5:03:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

On the flip side
Not mucked up enough to make Tanko move
Tanko considers NYC the most fabulous city to live in. There isn't a better city in the world to live in but NYC. The Tanko meter proves it. Sure there is some crime but it's the best place on the planet to live according to the Tanko meter.
Desantis mucked up FL
I left
Tanko will never leave fabulous NYC

"New York City has lost nearly half a million residents since start of COVID pandemic
US Census Bureau showed the Big Apple lost 5.3% of its population — over 468,200 residents — from April 2020 to July 2022"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 21st, 2023 at 12:55:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

The current immigration policy is inexcusable.
May 21st, 2023 at 1:11:09 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The Republican Party is like a ghost that doesn't know it's dead.

The only races that matter, are primary races between far left and center-left democrats.

Surprisingly, in Philidelphia, the most conservative candidate won the recent democrat mayoral primary, which guarantees her election in the Fall.

Cherelle Parker Priorities:

Implementing her safety plan, involving more police presence and surveillance cameras, consistent city services, and more.

Starting up robust year-round schooling in the public education system.

Reducing wage and business taxes.

Democrats and RINO Republicans are for the ruling oligarchy (1%).

-----------------------

The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

- Joseph Stalin

----------------------
May 21st, 2023 at 4:20:55 AM permalink
DoubleGold
One of Bill Clinton's long ago lovers showing a pic of what looks like Walmart giving away Bud Light free (see link).

I'd imagine this would be a candidate for fake news.

Before, we knew the MSM was full of fake news, like the Clinton/Russia collusion scam.

But now, a bunch of outlets are showing fake news, possibly with AI.

-------------------

https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1659965844003119104

-------------------
May 21st, 2023 at 6:43:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Family and others are pushing to have this guy released back to the US. Me, even if I knew I accidently killed someone like that in another country, I'd just suck it up and do the 3 years. As long as when I got back, I didn't have to carry it on my record here. Yeah, I do figure the Japanese family is feeling cheated with nothing to show for the death, if all they get is "sorry, accident, see ya" and the guy goes home to the US.

Quote:
Lt. Ridge Alkonis is currently serving a three-year prison term for a 2021 car crash that left a pair of Japanese citizens dead. He was stationed in Japan on Navy orders at the time of the accident and has been imprisoned since September.

His family maintains that Alkonis passed out while driving because of delayed altitude sickness brought on by a mountain hike earlier in the day. Japanese courts found him guilty of negligent driving and blamed the crash on Alkonis falling asleep behind the wheel.

Also, I don't think altitude sickness comes on without any warning at all. He had to be driving already feeling pretty bad, IMO. If you feel really bad, you're already engaging in risky behavior driving.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?