Poll
3 votes (75%)
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

June 8th, 2023 at 10:41:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think I have to take a rest from all this. Just the google/people ask thread for a while
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 8th, 2023 at 11:25:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit
I think I have to take a rest from all this. Just the google/people ask thread for a while

Hopefully the issue will continue to not affect your life in any way while you are taking a break!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 8th, 2023 at 7:05:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
One other thing occurred to me. More than one girl who got an abortion, sometimes as early as 12 has grown up to claim they eventually regretted it. It's irreversible. Never going to be reversed once it happens.

Am I going to ban abortion choice for that reason. Nope. Certainly not for minors in particular. They're the ones that often need that option the most. Some claim terrible regrets. There's no guarantee one way or the other what they will eventually decide about it. I'm not taking that choice away if I can do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure the anti-abortion people would be happy to argue they all should be forced to carry it and give birth, because it can always be adopted out if they don't want it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2023 at 6:57:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
One other thing occurred to me. More than one girl who got an abortion, sometimes as early as 12 has grown up to claim they eventually regretted it. It's irreversible. Never going to be reversed once it happens.

Am I going to ban abortion choice for that reason. Nope. Certainly not for minors in particular. They're the ones that often need that option the most. Some claim terrible regrets. There's no guarantee one way or the other what they will eventually decide about it. I'm not taking that choice away if I can do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure the anti-abortion people would be happy to argue they all should be forced to carry it and give birth, because it can always be adopted out if they don't want it.

The difference with an abortion is, in order to have an abortion, we absolutely know that the child is pregnant. Something MUST be done one way or another.

With the genital mutilation, as expressed, I think it can wait until the person is old enough to be making the decision fully for themselves.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 9th, 2023 at 7:57:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
The difference with an abortion is, in order to have an abortion, we absolutely know that the child is pregnant. Something MUST be done one way or another.

With the genital mutilation, as expressed, I think it can wait until the person is old enough to be making the decision fully for themselves.

I'm just pointing out that it is still that irreversible decision which could be a lifelong regret which you seem to object to the possibility of in early surgery.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 9th, 2023 at 8:08:10 AM permalink
rxwine
I think I'll finish with this point for my argument. As long as the procedure remains legal, I think you or anyone else has a right to make that decision with your own child, whatever the procedure is, over anyone else telling you what to do.

If the government outlaws something, not much either of us can do whatever that thing is they may be preventing. Except go somewhere else or break the law and deal with the consequence.

THE END.
June 17th, 2023 at 4:53:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/dodgers/2023/06/16/sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence-dodgers-pride-night-honor/70331982007/
Are the Dodgers the coolest team in the country. Honering the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Love it.
The religious nuts went crazy over this :-)
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/hundreds-gather-to-protest-dodgers-pride-night-event-honoring-lgbtq-nun-group/
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 17th, 2023 at 5:05:23 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/dodgers/2023/06/16/sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence-dodgers-pride-night-honor/70331982007/
Are the Dodgers the coolest team in the country. Honering the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Love it.
The religious nuts went crazy over this :-)
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/hundreds-gather-to-protest-dodgers-pride-night-event-honoring-lgbtq-nun-group/
ROTFL

There is an lgbt nun group?

You learn something new everyday…
June 17th, 2023 at 8:39:12 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Nuns pledge chastity. I wonder what kind of mental excuses they use to get around that pledge.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 17th, 2023 at 2:33:55 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Nuns pledge chastity. I wonder what kind of mental excuses they use to get around that pledge.

I wonder what kind of mental excuse nuns use to devote their lives to an evil organization like the Catholic Church in the first place.