Immigration Reform

Page 1 of 71234>Last »
September 28th, 2023 at 10:26:37 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
What's so damned hard about adopting a new, common sense immigration package?

The current "catch and release" is indefensible.

Immigration could cost Biden the election.
September 28th, 2023 at 10:48:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The GOP had complete control of the government from Jan 2017- Jan 2019.

That was the time to get something done if they really cared about immigration reform.

But they don’t. Just want to use it to rile up their bigoted base.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 28th, 2023 at 12:48:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
What's so damned hard about adopting a new, common sense immigration package?

The current "catch and release" is indefensible.

Immigration could cost Biden the election.

What are you whining about? You voted for the party that promised open borders. You voted for the party than blocked protect the border.

You wanted this!
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2023 at 2:48:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: AZDuffman
What are you whining about? You voted for the party that promised open borders. You voted for the party than blocked protect the border. You wanted this!

Liar, liar, keyboard on fire!

I have posted MORE THAN ONCE that I like neither Biden nor Trump and did not vote for either of these idiots.

No, I stuck to the High Road and voted the way I always do: LIBERTARIAN.

Please make a note of this so you don't embarrass yourself again with false accusations.

JAIL TO THE CHIEFS, X2
September 28th, 2023 at 4:43:51 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Then, you voted for open borders.

'Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.'

'Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.'

'Newcomers bring great vitality to our society.'

'A truly free market requires the free movement of people, not just products and ideas.'

'...immigrants have one great thing in common: they bravely left their familiar surroundings in search of a better life. Many are fleeing extreme poverty and violence and are searching for a free and safe place to try to build their lives. We respect and admire their courage and are proud that they see the United States as a place of freedom, stability, and prosperity.'
September 28th, 2023 at 5:05:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Yes, but unlike the current administration a Libertarian would want a common sense immigration strategy to be in place.

"Catch and release" would be a non-starter, as Libertarians don't want to spend any more money than necessary, and it costs a lot to house, feed, care for and process the hordes of wetbacks flooding our shores.
September 28th, 2023 at 5:10:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Liar, liar, keyboard on fire!

I have posted MORE THAN ONCE that I like neither Biden nor Trump and did not vote for either of these idiots.

Please make a note of this so you don't embarrass yourself again with false accusations.

JAIL TO THE CHIEFS, X2

Yet you are concerned it will cost Biden the election!
The President is a fink.
September 28th, 2023 at 5:59:09 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Yes, but unlike the current administration a Libertarian would want a common sense immigration strategy to be in place.

"Catch and release" would be a non-starter, as Libertarians don't want to spend any more money than necessary, and it costs a lot to house, feed, care for and process the hordes of wetbacks flooding our shores.

Their website doesn't mention anything about a common sense immigration strategy.

What are you worried about? You said you were well off.

Libertarians may not care to spend more than necessary, but they will at least spend as much as necessary.

Either way, the government isn't paying for this. You and the rest of the taxpayer are.
September 28th, 2023 at 6:00:34 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Yet you are concerned it will cost Biden the election!

He simply said:

“ Immigration could cost Biden the election.”

That is not indicative of showing concern under any reading.

Duffy made a mistake (claiming MrV voted for Biden), and instead of just acknowledging it and moving on he muddies the water with this BS. A true beta move.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2023 at 5:15:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Conservative outlets have been reporting non-stop that migrants are crossing the border and getting bused or flown to cities. Fox News keeps a drone flying 24 hours a day reporting on it. The advertising is working. They're all coming due to all the advertising success. Conservative outlets reporting that border security is overwhelmed is like telling them there's more than a better chance to win this lottery.

They're looking at the success of those that get through not the ones that don't. It's the same idea that sells a lot of Lottery tickets.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 71234>Last »