Immigration Reform

Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »
September 29th, 2023 at 6:50:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Conservative outlets have been reporting non-stop that migrants are crossing the border and getting bused or flown to cities. Fox News keeps a drone flying 24 hours a day reporting on it. The advertising is working. They're all coming due to all the advertising success. Conservative outlets reporting that border security is overwhelmed is like telling them there's more than a better chance to win this lottery.

They're looking at the success of those that get through not the ones that don't. It's the same idea that sells a lot of Lottery tickets.

You are usually better than that RX don't blame the messenger.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 29th, 2023 at 7:37:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: missedhervee
What's so damned hard about adopting a new, common sense immigration package?

The current "catch and release" is indefensible.

Immigration could cost Biden the election.

Trump made the border an issue and wanted Mexico to pay for the border wall.

Eventually, he ran into political resistance, I think due to funding approval.

So I'd have to say not only did Trump drop the ball in this case, but those politicians that didn't grant the funding.

Trump shouldn't have brought up the Mexican government.

And then he should have traded the wall funding for something else.
September 29th, 2023 at 7:46:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Conservative outlets have been reporting non-stop that migrants are crossing the border and getting bused or flown to cities. Fox News keeps a drone flying 24 hours a day reporting on it. The advertising is working. They're all coming due to all the advertising success. Conservative outlets reporting that border security is overwhelmed is like telling them there's more than a better chance to win this lottery.

They're looking at the success of those that get through not the ones that don't. It's the same idea that sells a lot of Lottery tickets.

It’s the same idea that keeps the global warming believers believing.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2023 at 8:21:17 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman

Its' either believe facts or believe the election was stolen.
September 29th, 2023 at 8:26:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Promoting the factual negative effects of global warming does encourage the ignorant to keep talking about thinking for themselves.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2023 at 8:41:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
News media needs to find a balance between reporting all facts and not generating undue negative effects from it. School shootings might be a good example.

It seems to unleash several copycats or trigger unstable people. (anecdotally to me it seems) Since many are kids they're already emotionally immature and easily triggered.

You want to report an Al Capone, or an El Chapo, but need to be careful about making them anti-heroes to a lot of people in the process.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 29th, 2023 at 8:53:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Promoting the factual negative effects of global warming does encourage the ignorant to keep talking about thinking for themselves.

Maybe if it was actually factual.

OTOH we can see the negative effects of illegal immigration.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2023 at 9:02:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
OTOH we can see the negative effects of illegal immigration.

The largest negative effect is that there are lots of sad bigots ranting on message boards about it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2023 at 9:31:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I think these people have it backwards. They are all looking to sneak into the U.S. where I am looking at possibly retiring in Mexico. Maybe the government should just come up with a voluntary swap program.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 29th, 2023 at 10:04:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
I think these people have it backwards. They are all looking to sneak into the U.S. where I am looking at possibly retiring in Mexico. Maybe the government should just come up with a voluntary swap program.

What part of Mexico are you considering?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 2 of 7<12345>Last »