Immigration Reform

Page 4 of 7<1234567>
October 6th, 2023 at 6:00:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
I believe you after you have espoused your believe in government fake news.

Another incomprehensible post that makes me fear kenarman had a stroke.

Do you smell toast?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 6th, 2023 at 6:14:02 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
The funny thing is Biden will probably end up building more miles of border walls than Trump. But, because he does not make insensitive comments while doing it, he will not get any recognition (and people will say he is not doing anything for border security.)

I personally have no problem with border walls (Trump was an idiot with how he proposed it, and was excellent at making a very simple topic that everyone agreed on through most of history, controversial and political), but I also do not think they are a cure all (especially when most illegal immigration does not comes from illegal crossing.) It is simple one aspect of physical security that makes sense for certain locations and less for others.
October 7th, 2023 at 1:34:05 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
(especially when most illegal immigration does not comes from illegal crossing.)

They use that lie as an excuse not to defend the border. Which they have no intention of doing.

"Illegal aliens since 2021 total more than individual populations of 38 states; illegal crossings top 8 million since Biden took office"

'According to publicly available CBP data, national apprehensions/encounters include those reported at all air, sea, and land ports of entry. With CBP’s fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, as of June 7, total nationwide encounters for fiscal 2021 was 1,684,586 (from January, when Biden took office, to September 2021); 2,766,582 for fiscal 2022 and 2,096,346 so far for fiscal 2023 through May.'

'In the first 28 months of the Biden administration, total CBP encounters nationwide are at least 6,547,514 (January 2021 through May 2023).'

Those are just the ones they are admitting to. Those numbers do not include the illegals who entered the country undetected.
October 7th, 2023 at 10:07:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
They use that lie as an excuse not to defend the border. Which they have no intention of doing.

"Illegal aliens since 2021 total more than individual populations of 38 states; illegal crossings top 8 million since Biden took office"

'According to publicly available CBP data, national apprehensions/encounters include those reported at all air, sea, and land ports of entry. With CBP’s fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, as of June 7, total nationwide encounters for fiscal 2021 was 1,684,586 (from January, when Biden took office, to September 2021); 2,766,582 for fiscal 2022 and 2,096,346 so far for fiscal 2023 through May.'

'In the first 28 months of the Biden administration, total CBP encounters nationwide are at least 6,547,514 (January 2021 through May 2023).'

Those are just the ones they are admitting to. Those numbers do not include the illegals who entered the country undetected.

You mean as Biden is literally getting blasted by the left for building more miles of walls in the exact configuration proposed by Trump, he has no intention of defending the border? And, the increased CBP stops are not defending the border?

As far as speculating on numbers that there is no data for, we can't, we only have what we have. Obviously if somebody never gets detected we do not know who they are.

I know that personally every illegal immigrants I have ever met (granted have never lived near the border) are Europeans and Asians who simply come on a student or work visa and refuse to leave when required. And, I have always heard this is far more common (too lazy to get into a bunch of immigration reading right now.) But, sure, I accept we will never know 100% because by definition we are dealing with fraud and stealth (people avoiding paperwork or lying intentionally) so the data is heavily skewed, or simply nonexistent.

Either way, I am not against border security, I simply said, it is not the only factor in securing against illegal immigration. I don't even have an issue with a wall (in locations that it makes sense), I just said it is not a cure all (there are many factors.)
October 7th, 2023 at 11:22:44 AM permalink
Tanko

You mean as Biden is literally getting blasted by the left for building more miles of walls in the exact configuration proposed by Trump, he has no intention of defending the border? And, the increased CBP stops are not defending the border?

Let's see if he actually builds his wall. It is only a 20 mile section along the 1,254 mile Texas border with Mexico. Mexican President Obrador doubts it, and is calling it a publicity stunt. One day after Majorkas said there was an immediate need for a wall, he back tracked and said the Administration has not changed it's policy on building a wall.

Biden claims he has no choice but to build twenty miles of wall, because the money was appropriated during the Trump administration.

"I tried to get them to reappropriate -- to redirect the money. They didn't, they wouldn't. And in the meantime, there's nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what is appropriated. I can't stop that."

What good is increasing CBP stops if you're releasing all of them into the country anyway?

2.7 million last year. 2.8 million so far this year. Less than 10% are deported, but they will get in one way or another.
October 8th, 2023 at 3:11:28 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Let's see if he actually builds his wall. It is only a 20 mile section along the 1,254 mile Texas border with Mexico. Mexican President Obrador doubts it, and is calling it a publicity stunt. One day after Majorkas said there was an immediate need for a wall, he back tracked and said the Administration has not changed it's policy on building a wall.

Biden claims he has no choice but to build twenty miles of wall, because the money was appropriated during the Trump administration.

"I tried to get them to reappropriate -- to redirect the money. They didn't, they wouldn't. And in the meantime, there's nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what is appropriated. I can't stop that."

What good is increasing CBP stops if you're releasing all of them into the country anyway?

2.7 million last year. 2.8 million so far this year. Less than 10% are deported, but they will get in one way or another.

Biden has been a big supporter of border walls going back to the 80s, I doubt his opinion has changed, he just needs to be more deceptive about it since Trump kind of hijacked the idea and left a negative taste in everyone's mouth.
October 8th, 2023 at 3:53:03 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Biden has been a big supporter of border walls going back to the 80s, I doubt his opinion has changed, he just needs to be more deceptive about it since Trump kind of hijacked the idea and left a negative taste in everyone's mouth.

You only have a negative taste in your mouth because that is what the media told you it tasted like during the last election. That is what happens when people don't know how to think for themselves. Trump said build walls, we want people to not like Trump that makes that bad, but Biden likes walls too, just tell the people that he doesn't they will never know the difference they believe everything we tell them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 8th, 2023 at 4:08:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
You only have a negative taste in your mouth because that is what the media told you it tasted like during the last election.

The negative taste for me came from dumbass MAGAts shouting “build the wall” at every non-white person they came across. Disgusting bigots. But what else can we expect from supporters of the orange bigot?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 8th, 2023 at 4:24:55 PM permalink
Tanko

He voted for a wall in the past, because it was popular with the voters.

He was caught three weeks ago selling off parts that were intended for Trump's border wall.

'Biden quietly sells off border wall parts to thwart GOP push to use them'

Does that sound like he supports building a wall?

Three days ago he said border walls don't work.

The real reason he says he will build a twenty mile section of wall, is because the Sept. 15th Harvard/Harris Poll found '71% of voters, including 53% of Democrats, think illegal immigration to the U.S. is getting worse'.
October 8th, 2023 at 4:44:03 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
The negative taste for me came from dumbass MAGAts shouting “build the wall” at every non-white person they came across. Disgusting bigots. But what else can we expect from supporters of the orange bigot?

I will accept three different videos of them shouting that as proof.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 4 of 7<1234567>