Immigration Reform

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
September 29th, 2023 at 10:33:43 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
Yet you are concerned it will cost Biden the election!

Not "concerned:" heck, he could be spirited off to planet Claire by aliens and I wouldn't miss the guy.

I've no dog in this fight as I support neither Biden nor Trump.

But yeah, Biden's inaction (love how he dumped the issue on Kamala, the poster-child for the Peter Principle) has caused the nation's colon to fill and now spew its contents of foreign desperados.
September 29th, 2023 at 11:00:14 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
So I'd have to say not only did Trump drop the ball in this case, but those politicians that didn't grant the funding.

Trump didn't drop the ball. The dems refused to give him a dime for a wall that would prevent future democrat voters from entering the country.

When Obrador smugly followed this with a refusal to stop the flow of illegals into the US, Trump told him he was immediately ending the $320 million in annual aid the US gives to Mexico, and he was going to increase the tariffs on Mexican goods entering the US.

Trump also threatened to end hundreds of millions in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador if those nations didn't stop sending illegals to the US.

Obrador immediately surrendered and put 15,000 Mexican troops on its northern border, and another 15,000 on its southern border to prevent central Americans from heading to the US.

That all ended the day Biden was sworn in.

'Between October 2019 and June 2023, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office reported almost 7.7 million border encounters'

Those are just the ones they encountered.
September 29th, 2023 at 11:08:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko
Trump didn't drop the ball. The dems refused to give him a dime for a wall that would prevent future democrat voters from entering the country.

He was supposed to get Mexico to pay for it.

Why are you blaming the Dems for not paying for it?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 29th, 2023 at 11:40:19 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Tanko

When Obrador smugly followed this with a refusal to stop the flow of illegals into the US, Trump told him he was immediately ending the $320 million in annual aid the US gives to Mexico, and he was going to increase the tariffs on Mexican goods entering the US.

Trump also threatened to end hundreds of millions in aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador if those nations didn't stop sending illegals to the US.

Obrador immediately surrendered and put 15,000 Mexican troops on its northern border, and another 15,000 on its southern border to prevent central Americans from heading to the US.

That all ended the day Biden was sworn in.

'Between October 2019 and June 2023, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office reported almost 7.7 million border encounters'

Those are just the ones they encountered.

He should have traded for it.

So he definitely dropped the ball.

They prevented him, but winners get the job taken care of.
September 29th, 2023 at 2:51:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
What part of Mexico are you considering?

x
Honestly, I am not that far yet. Just starting my searches. Wife and I are not even sure it will be Mexico. I still prefer St. Martin.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 5th, 2023 at 8:01:23 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Trump proven right yet again.

"US President Joe Biden's administration is to build a section of border wall in southern Texas in an effort to stop rising levels of immigration.

Around 20 miles (32km) will be built in Starr County along its border with Mexico, where officials report high numbers of crossings.

Building a border wall was a signature policy of Donald Trump as president and fiercely opposed by Democrats.

In 2020, Mr Biden promised he would not build another foot of wall if elected."

Quote is from BBC
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 5th, 2023 at 8:08:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman

"US President Joe Biden's administration is to build a section of border wall in southern Texas in an effort to stop rising levels of immigration.

Around 20 miles (32km) will be built in Starr County along its border with Mexico, where officials report high numbers of crossings.

Building a border wall was a signature policy of Donald Trump as president and fiercely opposed by Democrats.

Quote is from BBC

But Donny said he already built the wall? And you righties repeated that lie ad nauseum.

I don’t know who to believe anymore. :(
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 5th, 2023 at 8:34:25 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: kenarman

Quote is from BBC

Wrong then, wrong now. CBP’s own study concluded that a border wall in Starr County is a flood hazard and “ Mitigating the impacts of flooding from the U.S. side of the border is unattainable,”
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
October 6th, 2023 at 4:28:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Are you really that naive? Nobody can be believed.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 6th, 2023 at 5:20:10 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
But Donny said he already built the wall? And you righties repeated that lie ad nauseum.

I believe you after you have espoused your believe in government fake news.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »