Random Thought of the Day

August 30th, 2016 at 2:16:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
A ship engine failed, no one could fix it.
Then they brought in a man with 40 yrs. on the job.
He inspected the engine carefully, top to bottom.
After looking things over, the guy reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer.
He gently tapped something.
Instantly, the engine lurched into life.
The engine was fixed!
7 Days later the owners got his bill for 10k.
'What?!' the owners said
'You hardly did anything.
Send us an itemized bill.
” the reply simply said Tapping with a hammer. $2
Knowing where to tap? $9,998

And that's why you need to get a quote first.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 31st, 2016 at 1:11:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Anyone know her name? Or should I have just directly PM'd Paco? =p

(Circa '68 or so)

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 2nd, 2016 at 8:46:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Should mosquitoes be wiped off the planet? Mosquitoes are little vampires.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mosquitoes-are-deadly-so-why-not-kill-them-all-1472827158
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 2nd, 2016 at 9:08:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Should mosquitoes be wiped off the planet? Mosquitoes are little vampires.

Female mosquitoes suck blood only when they are impregnated and need to lay eggs. Male mosquitoes feed on pollen or nectar, and like many other nasty bugs perform cross-pollination of plants.

Besides, it's very likely not possible in the first place.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 5th, 2016 at 3:43:22 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Face
Anyone know her name? Or should I have just directly PM'd Paco? =p

a quiz? USS Enterprise?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 5th, 2016 at 3:44:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
After two days of eating pretty rich food, I was having a weird dream last night. It seemed to be the future, and GPS had evolved into having very extensive virtual reality. The screen, you know, shows a car and the road, but all this had evolved into a device that showed absolutely everything. So houses and everything showed up, but people you were interacting with as well! Those who had the devices were holding them up while they were walking around, preferring virtual reality to actual reality. They should have been wearing those helmets, but the dream's 'director' didn't seem to know about those LOL.

In order for the people to show up on the device, they had to agree to be shown. But it was important to them to agree to it, there was some kind of liability protection if they did. Out in the country, it was very new and people didn't like it, going along with it begrudgingly. Every once in a while, a member of the underclass would come around, and apparently you can't get them to agree, nothing to lose you know, and the device would just show this thin dark shadow LOL. I too was viewing the world including the people with the GPS reality device only; everyone preferred doing so who had one. At one point, I was dealing with a hotel desk, and it wasn't going so good, and the conclusion the dream came to was, when interacting one on one, it was best to put down the device!

About that time the dream ended.

I wanted to get this dream down in writing. If I see some sci-fi TV or movie using the idea I'm going to sue! LOL
September 5th, 2016 at 6:20:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Write the script and drag it around Hollywood yourself.
September 5th, 2016 at 7:56:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
How about a super hero comic/movie/TV series where the audience is never told the super hero's secret identity?

Of course you'd have to throw around hints, and make it so other characters could conceivably be the hero. If she just shows up as needed, you have a McGuffin rather than a real character.

I figure as a TV series, it might last two seasons without revealing the identity. Then it would absolutely have to, and then things would never work well again and it would be cancelled.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 5th, 2016 at 7:56:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Fleastiff
Write the script and drag it around Hollywood yourself.

in the Matrix movies, the population lives in a virtual reality, so that has been done in a way. But in this movie, the heroes could recruit from the underclass ... throw off your virtual reality chains, people!

I swear I dreamed some of this - but not all that revolution and stuff... all was voluntary, people wanted the virtual, not the real
September 5th, 2016 at 8:16:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Nareed
How about a super hero comic/movie/TV series where the audience is never told the super hero's secret identity?

Instead of eventually revealing it, just never reveal it. When it goes into cancellation people will keep wondering.

Although it's cool when you can pull off a misdirection without leaving your audience feeling cheated by cheap tricks to do so.