Random Thought of the Day

August 17th, 2016 at 6:45:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
A coworker brought some coffee from Chiapas the other week. It is amazingly good, a shade stronger in flavor than I'm used to. I've been making it at the office in the morning.

Due to odd meetings, he missed it for the first few days, continually asking me how it was. finally he got to try it. Before even tasting it, he added two packets of Splenda, and about three tsp. of Coffeemate. <roll-eyes>
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 17th, 2016 at 8:54:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Nareed
<roll-eyes>
Mr. Pew and I join you. Aside from being bad chemicals why do people ruin the good taste of a fine coffee by adding utter junk to it? Some people reach for a salt or pepper shaker prior to tasting their food. I swear some day a chef will serve a Plate of Fine Peppers and see someone reach for the pepper shaker.

The Farm to Table Movement often has chefs selecting local farms, local ranches and local breweries/distillers. Yet a half block down the road, supermarkets sell the same old high shelf life trash one can get anywhere in the nation. Go to Wisconsin and buy a wheel of cheese or go to a cheese broker and get wheel fragments that are of high quality, yet everyone goes to the local supermarket and buys Kraft Singles or Velveeta which can't even legally be sold as cheese, Velveeta being only Cheese Food.

All coffee brokers know that high quality beans are worthless to the major brands, the truly knowledgeable coffee drinkers want the fine beans. Same with Tea... I actually saw White Tea laden with sugar in the supermarket the other day. What a waste of White Tea.
Black tea in the morning. Green Tea in the Afternoon and White Tea in the Evening, but never white tea ruined with sugar. Never.

Four PM is Tea Time. Five PM is The Green Hour. Six PM is for an apperitif such as Lemongello or Cointreau. Don't people know how to act civilized anymore?
August 21st, 2016 at 11:55:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm boycotting 10 best, 10 worst, 20 things etc., lists that make you go through multiple pages to view.

They do it to increase ad views., and it's often ad heavy as well.

But here is part of one before I ditched it.

Quote:
Prichard, Alabama
Ketchikan, Alaska
Nogales, Arizona
Hope, Arkansas
Clearlake, California
Sterling, Colorado
Elsmere, Delaware
Florida City, Florida
Thomson, Georgia
Rockville, Connecticut
Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
Homedale, Idaho
Charleston, Illinois
Connersville, Indiana
Keokuk, Iowa

Poorest town in each state.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 22nd, 2016 at 1:04:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I'm boycotting 10 best, 10 worst, 20 things etc., lists that make you go through multiple pages to view.

Geez, dude, duh. They put the stupid
things up to suck you in.

"20 Things You Don't Know About Pawn Stars"

Click thru 20 pages of ads to find you
knew all of them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 22nd, 2016 at 2:16:14 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Maybe we could get rich establishing a site that would show the darn twenty pairs of tits without all the ads and paging and send it back to the viewer.
August 26th, 2016 at 8:36:53 PM permalink
rxwine
*^&%$#%&!!

Although I've gotten better at not doing it, I still occasionally delete posts while typing them when I am working on a laptop because I hit the touch pad below the keyboard.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2016 at 11:17:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
*^&%$#%&!!

Although I've gotten better at not doing it, I still occasionally delete posts while typing them when I am working on a laptop because I hit the touch pad below the keyboard.

Your touch pad has a kill switch, you know.
Mine is right on the pad, an indentation
on the upper left. Push it and a tiny red
light comes on indicating the pad is
disabled.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 27th, 2016 at 2:45:38 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
also try to use 'control Z' after you lose something but are still on that page
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 27th, 2016 at 10:32:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
This was funny. I've seen this several times regarding different subjects. The subtitles are always clever

There is a website that will allow you to easily make your own comedy routine based on the Hitler scene from the movie Downfall
http://downfall.jfedor.org/
August 28th, 2016 at 5:53:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
Your touch pad has a kill switch, you know.
Mine is right on the pad, an indentation
on the upper left. Push it and a tiny red
light comes on indicating the pad is
disabled.

I don't have a kill switch, but I was able to go into settings and switch it off.

For awhile I was trying to see if I could feel as comfortable using a touchpad instead of a mouse. But I just feel like I have better and faster control with a mouse.