who worked for me in the 80's
when long hair was the craze. It's
a real mess.

"Soul Glo"

October 19th, 2016 at 12:48:51 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
I have taken Ambien almost every night for about 15 years now. The only times I did anything strange was if I had too much alcohol in my system and still took the Ambien..
It is a great product. Once I made a really weird post over at wov, but now I understand that it should be taken in bed or on the way to bed. Don't take one and stay up for awhile waiting. Other than that nothing comes close to working as well, and wearing off in the morning instead of a dopey hangover type feeling from other aids.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 19th, 2016 at 1:34:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
ALL pills should be swallowed while vertical or at least sitting up in bed and one should continue to be at least sitting upright for twenty minutes. And don't do those tiny little cups of water stuff... a full glass of water.

Ambien if used at all should only be a short term temporary 'crutch', not a continued habit.
October 19th, 2016 at 8:49:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
Ambien if used at all should only be a short term temporary 'crutch', not a continued habit.

I agree
I was shocked that Drich takes it every nite
I keep ambien in the house but very rarely use it
If I am on the west coast and fly back to east coast but body clock on west coast time
That's when I go to the ambien, need to be sleepy at 11pm, not 2am.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2016 at 11:24:12 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Neither Josie or MaryJo drink. I take a baby aspirin, that's all. Fall asleep as soon as my head hits pillow. The sleep of the innocent, I can only assume.
October 19th, 2016 at 11:35:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Never taken Ambien. Afraid I would wake up at Disney World or driving a stolen police car. Or both at the same time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 19th, 2016 at 11:58:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Never taken Ambien. Afraid I would wake up at Disney World or driving a stolen police car. Or both at the same time.

Never taken a drug for sleep, never will.
It's a crutch. Figure out why you can't
sleep and change it. Drugging yourself
is not healthy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2016 at 3:03:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I won't even take Tylenol PM. Scared of sleep stuff. Had no problem bangin' down a mouthful of mushrooms sprinkled with LSD, but sleep stuff always scared me. Once you get passed 36hrs or so, reality starts to dissolve. Couple days and it's gone completely. Was always scared pills would break my sleep and I wanted no part of that.

Dunno much about this Ambien stuff but it sounds like disco biscuits. Didn't they ban 'ludes cuz it made people do crazy stuff?

Work's sure helped me. There have been a few days I've managed to go until 0200 or so, almost always as a result of late hockey and being so active. Yet, I'm still up at 0700 the next day whether I like it or not. Today was another day I either forgot to set or slept through my alarm, but it didn't matter. Bing! up at 0700.

Surprised terapined has some. Buy better weed, man =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 19th, 2016 at 8:44:48 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Was up almost 70 hours once, 2 day card game, then drove to Nueva Laredo. 2 guys I went went too drunk to drive back. Hallucinating on way to San Antonio. Seeing hitchhikers, male and sometimes female, but when I slowed down they turned into mail boxes. Went right to shop, got work orders, locked restroom in basement of hospital. Remember banging on door by Drs. Woke up at looked at watch 3:30. Decided get in chow line at cafeteria. But it was 4am not PM.
October 19th, 2016 at 9:27:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: buzzardknot
Was up almost 70 hours once, 2 day card game, then drove to Nueva Laredo. 2 guys I went went too drunk to drive back. Hallucinating on way to San Antonio. Seeing hitchhikers, male and sometimes female, but when I slowed down they turned into mail boxes. Went right to shop, got work orders, locked restroom in basement of hospital. Remember banging on door by Drs. Woke up at looked at watch 3:30. Decided get in chow line at cafeteria. But it was 4am not PM.

Which hospital in San Antonio?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?