Random Thought of the Day

December 29th, 2016 at 1:55:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Business idea

1. Work hard on a good catch phrase, not in the current popular lexicon. Work hard, really hard until you're sure your idea is good.
2. Buy it as a domain name.
3. Keep introducing it everywhere to try to make it catch on.
4. (somehow profit)

2.1 Copyright it/trademark it.

Usually someone with a copyright or trademark on a name, like, say, United Airlines, can get the domain with its trademark, say unitedarilines.com, without disbursing large sums of money.

But if your catch-phrase is sued for profit and you have a trademark or copyright on it, you can sue for royalties or fees.

BTW, sometime in the 90s, I think, there was a website dedicated to complaining about United. the domain was untiedairlines.com. I do wonder how many people found it by mistake.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 29th, 2016 at 11:55:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
About 10 years ago, I quit drinking sugared softdrinks by buying both sugar and diet sodas and diluting the sugared with the diet over time by degrees until I only drink diet soda.

But that's not good either, so I'm going to do it again, but this time with water.

Back when I did it, it was one of the most effortless changes I ever made. Your tastebuds need time to adjust, but you can go as slow as you want.

This will leave me just with a coffee habit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 30th, 2016 at 3:53:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Diet is actually worse for you than the sugared variety and moderate caffeine intake is good for you also.
December 30th, 2016 at 2:02:20 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Fleastiff
Diet is actually worse for you than the sugared variety and moderate caffeine intake is good for you also.
I call B.S. on the diet soda, its yuge.
December 31st, 2016 at 10:41:28 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I had two small scores:

1) Friday Dec. 30 2016, in view of the late hours we'd out up this month, we were permitted to leave at 2pm, if the work load allowed. It did, but I had a ton of low-priority work to get done. I could put it off for Monday, sure, it's low priority after all, but that's when the high priority stuff hits and pushes the low priority back again.

So I stayed a couple more hours. But then I realized that would stretch even more. I was so fed up I left by 4:30, which was still much earlier than our usual 9 pm average for the month. On the way home I checked my email, and there was a notice the accounting system I was using went down (any wonder I nicknamed it BLUESCREEN?) Had I stayed, I'd have put in some work which would have been lost when the system went down.

2) My Bluetooth speaker's been failing. It works, but charging it has become a hit and miss affair. As I had to get some office supplies, I checked for a new one. I found on that was only $0.50 more than the points I had in my loyalty card. Best of all, all those points were earned by purchases for office supplies which the company paid for. So I got it essentially free :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 31st, 2016 at 12:02:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I know nothing about your Bluescreen Program but may I suggest you calculate when it is least used and do your work with frequent savings to disk.
And try using the corporate computer system when others are not using it. Atleast then you will know that next year any work you do will never get lost.
January 7th, 2017 at 10:58:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
I am uncertain if I enjoyed this joke.
I laughed. And I didn't.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2017 at 12:18:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
I am uncertain if I enjoyed this joke.
I laughed. And I didn't.

Schrodinger's cat voted for Hillary, and
doesn't. He wanted to vote for Trump,
but didn't. He voted and Trump won.
Hillary didn't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 8th, 2017 at 1:20:11 AM permalink
rxwine
How many days away are we from shooting fish in a barrel on a regular basis? By fish, I mean the people trying to make excuses for Trump's fruitcake responses?

What a job. I don't envy them. You better hope it's all a big act, and Trump is just a normal person.

For the sake of the country, I hope it is an act.
January 8th, 2017 at 8:27:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Schrodinger's cat voted for Hillary, and
doesn't. He wanted to vote for Trump,
but didn't. He voted and Trump won.
Hillary didn't.

I believe you have Schrodinger's cat confused with Assange's cat.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.