Random Thought of the Day

January 8th, 2017 at 9:01:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
How many days away are we from shooting fish in a barrel on a regular basis? By fish, I mean the people trying to make excuses for Trump's fruitcake responses?

What a job. I don't envy them. You better hope it's all a big act, and Trump is just a normal person.

For the sake of the country, I hope it is an act.

Its already started
He is going to bill the American People for that ridiculous wall?
Mexico aint paying jack
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 12th, 2017 at 10:46:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Would modern humans survive any of the bigger cataclysmic events of the past, even if they were taken completely by surprise? Some people would be inside missile silo's and other areas, for instance at the time of large object hitting the Earth. Would there be enough sun to grow anything? People can eat garbage just like dogs if they have to. Tidal wave drownings, earthquakes, wind storms, fires would threaten everyone even in the safest places. Although, I imagine just like any disaster, there are always the odd patch that doesn't suffer much damage.

The Antarctica event (if it happened) was said to be bad enough, it killed most of the insects. I'm thinking even the worst event, some larger animals survived initially, they just had no means to instantly adapt, so died soon after.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2017 at 5:31:09 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Would modern humans survive any of the bigger cataclysmic events of the past, even if they were taken completely by surprise?

It depends on the kind of cataclysm.

If the Yellowstone caldera blew, it would do a number on North America and affect the whole world. it would be disastrous, but over 3/4 of the world population should survive with some major hardships.

If an asteroid the size of the one that killed the dinosaurs hit, some people would survive. Outside the impact area and surroundings, most people would survive the immediate strike, but many would die in the aftermath.

A major dose of gamma rays from a nearby nova would kill even bacteria.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
January 12th, 2017 at 6:06:30 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Would modern humans survive any of the bigger cataclysmic events of the past, even if they were taken completely by surprise? Some people would be inside missile silo's and other areas, for instance at the time of large object hitting the Earth. Would there be enough sun to grow anything? People can eat garbage just like dogs if they have to. Tidal wave drownings, earthquakes, wind storms, fires would threaten everyone even in the safest places. Although, I imagine just like any disaster, there are always the odd patch that doesn't suffer much damage.

The Antarctica event (if it happened) was said to be bad enough, it killed most of the insects. I'm thinking even the worst event, some larger animals survived initially, they just had no means to instantly adapt, so died soon after.

I think some humans would survive. There are already people scraping by on almost nothing, so with no competition from other large predators, and not many other survivors to take care of or compete with, small tribes should be able to make a "stone age" living.
January 16th, 2017 at 5:28:16 PM permalink
rxwine
I think this is what I ran across tonight. See that light bar in the middle. Came across two different vehicles with those damn things. It's ridiculous and blinding.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 16th, 2017 at 6:53:14 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Must be a year ago, on one of these car threads, I mentioned that LED bars were gonna be the new "blue headlights" that tw@s put on their cars to incite everyone into rage.

With ya. Hate those things.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 16th, 2017 at 7:41:30 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face
Must be a year ago, on one of these car threads, I mentioned that LED bars were gonna be the new "blue headlights" that tw@s put on their cars to incite everyone into rage.

With ya. Hate those things.

Seems like jealously to me. Maybe one day they will make one for your Geo Metro.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 17th, 2017 at 1:52:19 PM permalink
rxwine
I think this was suppose to be a guitar playing question and not quite the answer they were looking for..

Quote:

Q: How large were Jimi Hendrix's hands?

A: Apparently big enough to do this:

"Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand"

(Lyrics to Voodoo Child)
January 18th, 2017 at 1:10:53 PM permalink
rxwine
There's a list of longest prison sentences.

Quote:
Dudley Wayne Kyzer
3 life sentences plus 10,000 years
 United States

10,000 years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_prison_sentences
January 18th, 2017 at 2:02:39 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
There's a list of longest prison sentences.

10,000 years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_prison_sentences

Hmmm, at what point does the "unusual" in "cruel or unusual punishment" kick in?