Random Thought of the Day

January 15th, 2018 at 7:00:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Tissue paper or toilet paper to clear your nose at home?
I have allergies
I am often clearing my nose at home
I always use tissue paper. Its soft, readily available in every bathroom and cheap
Does anybody else use toilet paper instead of tissue paper?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 15th, 2018 at 7:06:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
I have allergies
I always use tissue paper. Its soft, readily available in every bathroom and cheap

My wife leaves tissue boxes in every room. As far as what I use, it tends to be handkerchiefs. After my mother died, my dad would not buy tissue but used the toilet paper in the bathroom, saying that is what he learned to do in WWII. I always made sure I had hankies visiting there.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 15th, 2018 at 8:56:13 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Tissue paper. Toilet paper only if I somehow run out of tissues.

Btw, ed, I don't think your post says what you think it says.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 15th, 2018 at 10:23:51 AM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
I have allergies

Whatever is closer at the time.
January 17th, 2018 at 5:01:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I was never sold much on the compact fluorescent bulbs versus incandescent being the right move.

When LED bulbs first came out, meh.

But now I am sold on the LED. Eventually will have 'nothing but'.

We replaced a fluorescent bulb fixture over the sink yesterday; the old one I broke trying to get a new fluorescent tube bulb in it [I think previous owner f'd it up first is my excuse] ... not worth fixing. The new one is LED and nice and bright; the tube you'd never know at first glance isnt fluorescent except it is mighty bright. And best of all, expected to last over 20 years easy.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 17th, 2018 at 1:11:43 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: odiousgambit
I was never sold much on the compact fluorescent bulbs versus incandescent being the right move.

When LED bulbs first came out, meh.

But now I am sold on the LED. Eventually will have 'nothing but'.

We replaced a fluorescent bulb fixture over the sink yesterday; the old one I broke trying to get a new fluorescent tube bulb in it [I think previous owner f'd it up first is my excuse] ... not worth fixing. The new one is LED and nice and bright; the tube you'd never know at first glance isnt fluorescent except it is mighty bright. And best of all, expected to last over 20 years easy.

About two years ago our local hardware store (Crappy Tire) had a $1 sale on 60W (8W) LEDs and that point in time I changed everything out. At our place in California all of the lights are LEDs. Been living here for almost a year and have yet to change a bulb.

Each light paid for itself after 160 hours of use. At .12/kWH. At 19.231 hours to save a kilowatt (1000/52) and 8.333 kilowatts to use up a dollar.

On a light that we usually leave on (kitchen or living room) that's less than a month.
January 17th, 2018 at 1:52:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Although I haven't bought any recently, they have improved the selection of lighting. Some bulbs were harsh light to some eyes. Now you have more choices.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2018 at 2:24:48 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I bought a variety of them to try in different places around the house. The "blue" ones (4000k+) are way to harsh on my eyes for a reading light, but I have a 3000k or 3200k bulb that works well. Incandescent is at 2700k, and i see now that you can get a 2700k LED.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 17th, 2018 at 5:27:14 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Is it a coincidence that my birthday falls on Easter this year or do you think it is the revelation religion has been waiting for? I may be Jesus incarnate.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 17th, 2018 at 5:43:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
I may be Jesus incarnate.

How about the millions of others worldwide
whose bday is also that day. All Jesus?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.