Random Thought of the Day

August 21st, 2019 at 7:55:31 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
'bout a buck fifty for the vikes. $200 if they're tens. Dunno no one but 20yr old Soundcloud rappers that use codeine.

Penalties similar to as if it were cocaine. Unless you're federally licensed as a healer, then you get hundred thousand dollar bonuses.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 21st, 2019 at 8:27:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face
'bout a buck fifty for the vikes. $200 if they're tens. Dunno no one but 20yr old Soundcloud rappers that use codeine.

Penalties similar to as if it were cocaine. Unless you're federally licensed as a healer, then you get hundred thousand dollar bonuses.

What do you think the 60mg Hydrocodone go for?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 21st, 2019 at 8:32:47 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: DRich

At least $1/mg, probably more.

This is the reason there are so many heroine overdoses. People get hooked on pills first, but they are way too expensive on the street, so they continue the habit with heroin which is much cheaper.

Eventually they get a bad batch of heroine that is cut with something like fentanyl, which is pretty much instant death.
August 21st, 2019 at 9:09:40 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: gamerfreak
At least $1/mg, probably more.

This is the reason there are so many heroine overdoses. People get hooked on pills first, but they are way too expensive on the street, so they continue the habit with heroin which is much cheaper.

Eventually they get a bad batch of heroine that is cut with something like fentanyl, which is pretty much instant death.

Fentanyl is like any other drug just much stronger. It is killing 10 of thousands not because it is more dangerous but it is so much stronger. When they cut other drugs they add too much fentanyl and what was a normal hit for an addict becomes life threatening. The same thing happens if addicts run into pure heroin when they think it cut heroin. Fentanyl is so cheap that many addicts now seek out pure fentanyl as their drug of choice and take an appropriate amount.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 21st, 2019 at 10:23:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Why be part of the solution when
you can be part of the problem,
right? Good god..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 21st, 2019 at 10:25:05 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

WTF? 60?!

I had no idea such a thing even existed. No idea as I thankfully never caught that particular bug.

ONE of those would last me a year, but I'M the one getting cut off. Don't get me started.

Quote: kenarman
Fentanyl is like any other drug just much stronger.

True. I saw the fatal dose of it and it makes it pretty obvious. It's hard to even describe such an amount; look at the stamped date of a US penny and imagine a pill that size. That's a fatal dose. Easy to see that "farm-aceutical" outfits just aren't gonna be able to handle those kinds of tolerances.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 21st, 2019 at 10:45:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
WTF? 60?!

I had no idea such a thing even existed. No idea as I thankfully never caught that particular bug.

ONE of those would last me a year, but I'M the one getting cut off. Don't get me started.

My understanding is that 60mg are not very common. 30mg are getting more popular on Las Vegas streets. I have friends that get them.

I have read Hydrocodone is now available up to 120mg. I don't take them so I really only know what my friends tell me.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 21st, 2019 at 12:05:51 PM permalink
ChesterDog
Threads: 0
...True. I saw the fatal dose of it and it makes it pretty obvious. It's hard to even describe such an amount; look at the stamped date of a US penny and imagine a pill that size. That's a fatal dose...

Amazing! Wikipedia has the lethal dose as 2 mg, as seen in their photo.

August 21st, 2019 at 12:16:01 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: kenarman
Fentanyl is like any other drug just much stronger. It is killing 10 of thousands not because it is more dangerous but it is so much stronger. When they cut other drugs they add too much fentanyl and what was a normal hit for an addict becomes life threatening. The same thing happens if addicts run into pure heroin when they think it cut heroin. Fentanyl is so cheap that many addicts now seek out pure fentanyl as their drug of choice and take an appropriate amount.

Not sure what you mean. It’s dangerous because of the strength, and is pretty much impossible to dose at a safe level outside of a medical environment or prescription patch. A lot of people die each year trying to smoke those patches too.

Not sure where you heard it’s becoming anyone’s drug of choice. Recreational users generally do not want it because it does not give the same euphoria that other opioids do. Although they may take it to get rid of the withdrawal.
August 21st, 2019 at 12:17:30 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: ChesterDog
Amazing! Wikipedia has the lethal dose as 2 mg, as seen in their photo.

Look up Carfentanil, it’s another synthetic opioid and the lethal dose is probably 1/100 of that.