Random Thought of the Day

August 21st, 2019 at 2:43:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph

I can't imagine the horror brought on them, now that the government is setting maximum dosages for chronic pain . .

Question: would you rather see the gov institute a random check to control any illegal drug distribution.. Somewhat like a audit, you get a notice that you're required to go to a pharmacy and have your remaining prescription verified to make sure you have the approximate remainder of your prescription.

There would have to be some leeway. You could allow some excuses, but not continuous excuses. And I wouldn't bother with people who aren't on longer term pain control.

And the pharmaceutical companies could pay for it!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2019 at 3:05:03 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: ChesterDog
Amazing! Wikipedia has the lethal dose as 2 mg, as seen in their photo.

Crap! that's as bad as some of those mushrooms that will kill you

btw, hadn't thought of it too much before but that's not a bad portrait of Lincoln. I have a nice coffee table book that shows all the photos of him ever taken ... might have to see if that is one of them and get back to you
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 21st, 2019 at 3:17:17 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
Question: would you rather see the gov institute a random check to control any illegal drug distribution.. Somewhat like a audit, you get a notice that you're required to go to a pharmacy and have your remaining prescription verified to make sure you have the approximate remainder of your prescription.

There would have to be some leeway. You could allow some excuses, but not continuous excuses. And I wouldn't bother with people who aren't on longer term pain control.

And the pharmaceutical companies could pay for it!

Answer: No.

Question: Why always is it the common man who must pay for malfeasance? Why must I spend my most valuable resource (time) and >$0 in travel to accommodate actions of another? The issue was created by an unregulated or too-lightly regulated pharm industry. A sting found so many pills prescribed to a town it equaled some 7,100 pills per resident per month, or some such absurdity. Did my need cause that situation? Show me where it has and I will certainly take that into consideration. But as I see it, someone took my need, my suffering, and decided instead of profiting of it, they would enrich themselves beyond comprehension at the expense of millions.

Create regulations and take Craig Landau's billions to pay for it. He who reaps, sows.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 21st, 2019 at 3:25:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Well currently they do drug "audits" at your house at 3am. You don't even have to answer the door.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 21st, 2019 at 5:10:26 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: gamerfreak
Not sure what you mean. It’s dangerous because of the strength, and is pretty much impossible to dose at a safe level outside of a medical environment or prescription patch. A lot of people die each year trying to smoke those patches too.

Not sure where you heard it’s becoming anyone’s drug of choice. Recreational users generally do not want it because it does not give the same euphoria that other opioids do. Although they may take it to get rid of the withdrawal.

Not sure where you heard your info.

"While governments warn of the threat of drugs contaminated with fentanyl, the harsh fact is that the synthetic opioid is increasingly the drug of choice for British Columbia’s addicts and drug abusers." This quote is from British Columbia Centre on Substance Abuse. Check out their website if you want.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 21st, 2019 at 5:36:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph

I can't imagine the horror brought on them, now that the government is setting maximum dosages for chronic pain . .

Pain management Dr's do that already and patients randomly UA.

Quote:
There would have to be some leeway. You could allow some excuses, but not continuous excuses.
There have been studies to try to determine actually how many do get spilled down the toilet, lost, forgotten etc. I heard a # like 1 in 84? I think it's probably a little higher than that, I'm talking about whole scrips not individual doses. Real patients try to protect their Dr's imo. There are so few doc's now that will even write a scrip out this way, can't afford to lose them. My pcp just won't write 'em. And I don't blame her one bit. I wouldn't give up years of med school and a lifetime career for one person. It's not worth it.

I couldn't believe the story I read recently about catching another scrip Dr. in Colorado and his brother. It can't be that hard to catch these guys. Hire a couple of addicts to find scrip Dr's. Takes a thief to catch a thief right?

I've read of two cocaine busts over a billion dollars each in the last 2 months. Both ships were owned by the same bank. Two billion dollars worth of cocaine. The war on drugs was lost when it started. I remembered a talk when McGovern brought up the idea of legalizing cocaine in the US. Brazil said that if the US legalized cocaine that Brazil would no longer be able to make it's payments to the world bank. Never heard it come up again.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 21st, 2019 at 5:54:53 PM permalink
rxwine
there's this.

Quote:
"It's fantastic, I really feel like I'm there," says Norris, who is 70 years old, retired from the military, and lives in Los Angeles with his wife. As dolphins frolic and swim by in the virtual scene, "I get a strong feeling of pleasure, relaxation and peace," he says.
It doesn't take long to produce that effect — about 10 minutes or so, via the headset.
Norris is no stranger to pain. He's got chronic pain through his spine, back and hips, from injuries that go back years.
Ever since he was introduced to virtual reality, he's been hooked. In addition to swimming with dolphins, he's tried other VR experiences, such as wilderness walks.

Quote:
"We found that virtual reality reduced pain by about three times as much as watching TV did," Spiegel says. Using a zero to 10 pain scale, the virtual reality experience led to a 2 point drop in pain, compared to a half-point drop for watching TV.

Don't watch VR torture scenes.
August 22nd, 2019 at 12:14:34 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
there's this.

Don't watch VR torture scenes.
The hood sounds like it has real potential for pain management.

I don't know how far Perdue continued to search for pain relief for patients after they discovered oxy.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 22nd, 2019 at 7:23:11 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just watched a show where they were doing a heart transplant. The surgery took four hours. Why did my simple back operation take five hours?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 22nd, 2019 at 8:23:09 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Tolerances? Nick the heart it bleeds for 5sec. Nick the spine you never walk again.

Materials? Cut an aorta with kitchen scissors. Drilling bone takes about 20 minutes of leaning and burning up of 3 bits (in my experience)

Accuracy? Connect the tubes correctly and the heart just flops in there. Yours I imagine need be to be connected within micrometers of "dead on balls straight".
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.