Random Thought of the Day

May 10th, 2021 at 4:05:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'm picturing 'Darkside', the ransomware cyber criminals being blamed for shutting down the pipeline, as being something basically like a James Bond villain. Does the leader of it hold zoom meetings where he doesn't show his face, while petting a white cat on his lap?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 10th, 2021 at 6:42:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

New York Post also covered the story about Disney going all-in on being Woke and enacting critical race theory these days.

Its not woke
Its change
Things change constantly

I dont think education should be legislated
Give teachers freedom to teach
You would be surprised how smart students are in detecting BS from teachers
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 10th, 2021 at 2:08:28 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Its not woke
Its change
Things change constantly

I dont think education should be legislated
Give teachers freedom to teach
You would be surprised how smart students are in detecting BS from teachers
If you say so. Go drink your Woka-Cola

yeah, I know that doesn't work too good as a response, but I've been aching to use that on someone and you're IT

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 10th, 2021 at 3:56:28 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
If you say so. Go drink your Woka-Cola
yeah, I know that doesn't work too good as a response, but I've been aching to use that on someone and you're IT

??????
I simply look at this from a freedom standpoint
Companies have the right to change their product
Its freedom and I will always defend freedom.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 10th, 2021 at 4:48:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
??????
I simply look at this from a freedom standpoint
Companies have the right to change their product
Its freedom and I will always defend freedom.

I assume you are lobbying to allow Trump the 'FREEDOM' to access social media then.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 10th, 2021 at 5:00:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
I assume you are lobbying to allow Trump the 'FREEDOM' to access social media then.

Companies have the right to restrict anyone that they want from their establishment.

This can be somebody who is dressed poorly at an upscale bar, or this can be a provocative person on social media. Those individuals also have the right to complain to the company, but they do not have the right to enter without permission.
May 10th, 2021 at 5:08:39 PM permalink
terapined

There is no freedom on somebodies private property such as DT WOV Twitter FB
The wizard has the same rights and freedom as any social media site
Are you seriously going to argue that the Wizard does not have the freedom and right to nuke whoever he wants
May 10th, 2021 at 6:26:01 PM permalink
kenarman
There is no freedom on somebodies private property such as DT WOV Twitter FB
The wizard has the same rights and freedom as any social media site
Are you seriously going to argue that the Wizard does not have the freedom and right to nuke whoever he wants

So you believe the electrical company has the right to not provide you power because they don't like your politics?
May 10th, 2021 at 7:01:02 PM permalink
terapined
So you believe the electrical company has the right to not provide you power because they don't like your politics?

The internet sites are just fluff
I've been suspended from WOV for a month
It's just a big yawn to me.
If I was banned from all social media, my life would not change at all.
Every single person on the planet can survive without social media. Nobody needs social sites.
Social media sites are not needed utilities such as water, electricity and sewer.
So no a utility itself does not have the right to refuse service unless a bill is not paid.
But
If the RV park I am staying at that does provide me utilities does not like my politics, sure they can kick me out. I dont display anything political for that reason.
May 10th, 2021 at 8:57:27 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Gandler
Companies have the right to restrict anyone that they want from their establishment.

This can be somebody who is dressed poorly at an upscale bar, or this can be a provocative person on social media. Those individuals also have the right to complain to the company, but they do not have the right to enter without permission.

Colour, race, sexual orientation, gender, religious affiliation. You believe that a business owner has the right to exclude anyone they want. Hmmm