Random Thought of the Day

July 8th, 2022 at 6:25:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
They had to pander to their conservative audience those days.

My, how things have changed.

Today Andy wouldn't be a widower, he'd have never married, and only wound up with the brat after the unwanted child's junkie mama OD'd on fentanyl.

I just had a disturbing thought for an alternate show where Andy is a gerontophile and why Aunt Bee is smiling.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2022 at 8:14:11 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
They had to pander to their conservative audience those days.

My, how things have changed.

Today Andy wouldn't be a widower, he'd have never married, and only wound up with the brat after the unwanted child's junkie mama OD'd on fentanyl.

Nah he would be trans.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 20th, 2022 at 6:32:13 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I don't know really how this social media works? I'm assuming if I knew "Instagram" maybe that's what I'd be after?

I think there should be an easy list on the web to search for "Deadbeat dads" who won't or don't, pay their child support, like there is a list in everyone's neighborhood about child pedo's.

I've even contemplated hiring a billboard with "dads" that are behind 5 or 6 figures while someone else is trying to feed some hungry kids. Let it be known who you are about to go out on dates with, don't just believe the story he's telling ya.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 20th, 2022 at 7:20:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph
I don't know really how this social media works? I'm assuming if I knew "Instagram" maybe that's what I'd be after?

I think there should be an easy list on the web to search for "Deadbeat dads" who won't or don't, pay their child support, like there is a list in everyone's neighborhood about child pedo's.

I've even contemplated hiring a billboard with "dads" that are behind 5 or 6 figures while someone else is trying to feed some hungry kids. Let it be known who you are about to go out on dates with, don't just believe the story he's telling ya.

This reminded me that I wanted to contact an old friend. His name turned up on the Florida's unclaimed money site for 15k. Of course, he might be dead.

He's not a deadbeat dad though. (as far as I know)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2022 at 7:50:26 AM permalink
petroglyph
I don't eat much so it is shocking to see how much 5 teenagers can put away. It's a joyful thing to watch when you know for sure that they are happy to be getting fed, and the smiles on their faces are real as they eye one another. I've always enjoyed watching them putting it away. But it is a sad site when the food is supposed to come and doesn't, month after month.
July 24th, 2022 at 4:14:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Italians get it done. Broke the record for changing a tire on a moving car

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/07/22/italy-Guinness-World-Records-changing-tire-moving-car/6191658505932/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 24th, 2022 at 6:36:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Pshaw.

Now THIS is a fast tire change...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmqtsU_5_Lg
July 24th, 2022 at 8:33:03 PM permalink
petroglyph
About as fast as sex.
July 25th, 2022 at 7:21:23 PM permalink
petroglyph
Very neat! https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/
July 29th, 2022 at 9:36:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Rescue rabbit is a Flemish giant. Was being kept in a cage too small.