Random Thought of the Day

December 9th, 2022 at 4:15:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
I've grown very suspicious of all these surveys

used to be, if some outfit wanted me to answer "how was your experience with XYZ sales?" I might or might not participate, especially if it was a good experience ... because you know disgruntled folk tend to be the ones to respond

now I'm inundated with this "how did we do" "rate this" etc etc to the point I automatically get rid of the popups etc as fast as I can ... there's too much of it. What's going on? I'm now suspecting nefarious motives

Some places are practically paying for high reviews
RV park I'm at recently had a contest with a cash prize.
Show the office your Google 5 star review and you get a raffle tix
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 9th, 2022 at 7:14:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Some places are practically paying for high reviews
RV park I'm at recently had a contest with a cash prize.
Show the office your Google 5 star review and you get a raffle tix

Went to an auto-tint place that had good reviews. He was booked for several weeks. When I said, thanks, but I'll go look for some place that can do it sooner, he said he would do it at a discount that afternoon if I gave him cash. So, I gave him cash.

Later, I'm guessing he probably didn't record the sale and didn't pay Florida's 7% sales tax, as that was about the same as the discounted price.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2022 at 3:00:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Gen z is bringing the “tramp stamp” back.

Fine with me. I never disliked them and thought the name was amusing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2022 at 3:39:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Went to an auto-tint place that had good reviews. He was booked for several weeks. When I said, thanks, but I'll go look for some place that can do it sooner, he said he would do it at a discount that afternoon if I gave him cash. So, I gave him cash.

Later, I'm guessing he probably didn't record the sale and didn't pay Florida's 7% sales tax, as that was about the same as the discounted price.

I just had my lanai screens replaced for the "cash price". If it saves me enough money I don't care if they report it or not.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 11th, 2022 at 8:56:46 AM permalink
rxwine
I have a story of a golf shot like this, but it's not on video, nor was I as fortunate.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl_-J0tpAxg/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading
December 11th, 2022 at 4:12:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why call water "hard" or "soft" when "hard" water is obviously ice?
December 12th, 2022 at 11:33:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I can’t believe I can take a dump and all I have to do to get rid of it is pull down on a handle

I can’t believe I can make two giant bags of trash and all I have to do to get rid of them is put them out on Thursday night.

I can’t believe I can make my house bright in the middle of the night by touching one little switch.

I can’t believe I can type this stuff and push a button and people from all over the world can read it in a few seconds.

I can’t believe I can inject a white liquid into your vein and then a surgeon can cut you open without you caring

I can’t believe I just called a doctor’s office, and A HUMAN answered the phone.

I can’t believe how many billions of gallons of fossil fuel have been burned already.

I can’t believe how delicious eel and avocado sushi rolls are.

I can’t believe that the Republican Party actually nominated Hershel Walker for Senator.

(I actually can believe those things…. It was literary license…)
December 13th, 2022 at 6:12:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
preserving this before it vanishes, comes from an obvious spammer and it will be deleted I assume

Quote: LucasBaker
Before you even start writing, make sure that you actually got time for that.
too precious! advise about writing from somebody who can write something like that!

not preserving the rest
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 20th, 2022 at 8:25:03 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I realized that I am officially old as I ordered my wife a pair of compression socks for Christmas.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 21st, 2022 at 5:38:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Small victories. I bought a multi outlet (tap) yesterday that plugs into and over a regular 2 outlet that actually allows 6 different size plugs to fit at once no matter what, whether the plug has a box adapter for 12v.

I have all low power items charging on it.