Cooking thread

October 3rd, 2016 at 10:36:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: pew
We don't eat possum up here in the north. We're way too sofisticated for that. Throw in an egg or two next time. That will glue it all together.
We don't affect Ebonics For English down here in Florida so we spell it "sophisticated".
Now as for an egg or two... when you gotta walk six miles each way to the supermarket in Florida temperatures, you just don't buy eggs. And don't bother to suggest doing any grocery shopping at night 'cause the temperatures are still high and no one, but no one, ever walks in this neighborhood at night. Dogs, stray bullets, roaring pick up trucks...are sure to come your way.

Besides...when all you got is an oven and a microwave you don't eat eggs that often since you can't really prepare eggs in a microwave: they tend to explode. And that makes the annual microwave cleaning day a real thrill.
October 3rd, 2016 at 12:51:41 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Fleastiff
We don't affect Ebonics For English down here in Florida so we spell it "sophisticated".
Now as for an egg or two... when you gotta walk six miles each way to the supermarket in Florida temperatures, you just don't buy eggs. And don't bother to suggest doing any grocery shopping at night 'cause the temperatures are still high and no one, but no one, ever walks in this neighborhood at night. Dogs, stray bullets, roaring pick up trucks...are sure to come your way.

Besides...when all you got is an oven and a microwave you don't eat eggs that often since you can't really prepare eggs in a microwave: they tend to explode. And that makes the annual microwave cleaning day a real thrill.
I was riten in hillbilly for ya'll.
October 3rd, 2016 at 1:01:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I was riten in hillbilly for ya'll.
Now I already done told you I ain't no moonshine swilling hillbilly. This is Florida...there ain't no hills nowhere. Everythng is one to three feet above sea level. No hills nowhere.

I did go to a cider, beer and wine tasting. (3x each). So I went to The Library after that (Barnes and Noble), met a college girl who took advantage of my inebriated state and now I have things like cactus juice and coconut water in my refrigerator. I also have roasted chickpeas and something called Edamame which looks suspiciously like green lentils. What do I do with chickpeas and Edamame?
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:26:18 PM permalink
pew
Boil for six hour then mash with lemon, garlic, salt and tahini. If you don't have no fru fru tahini just throw in a little peanut butter like the rest of the hoi paloi.
October 3rd, 2016 at 3:29:27 PM permalink
pew
Oh, I forgot. Redneck is redneck. Last I looked Florida is south of the Mason Dixon line.
October 3rd, 2016 at 4:26:50 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Boil for six hour then mash with lemon, garlic, salt and tahini. If you don't have no fru fru tahini just throw in a little peanut butter like the rest of the hoi paloi.
Me gots some lemon, garlic and salt all in the same jar. Don't got no tahini. Don't got no tiny French poodle either.

Is this recipe for the chickpeas or the edamame??

By the way, there be a big difference between rednecks and hillbillies. As one American performer said at a black tie affair at Prince Albert Hall, most people don't have songs about dirt, but we rednecks do.
October 3rd, 2016 at 5:04:59 PM permalink
pew
Mix em together, any bean or pea will do . I'm aware that hillbillies and rednecks are two different things but I lump them together any way. I'm an elitist even though I'm missing my front teeth.
October 4th, 2016 at 3:29:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Am I glad I never just blindly folowed your recipe, the internet says boil for five minutes or bake for fifteen.

The college girl used my credit card for this stuff... I can't afford to waste it.
October 5th, 2016 at 4:51:08 AM permalink
pew
Don't trust the internet. Sometimes things are not what they seem. P.S. Stay safe, if you really are in Fla. Or not.
October 5th, 2016 at 6:53:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Don't trust the internet. Sometimes things are not what they seem. P.S. Stay safe, if you really are in Fla. Or not.
The internet is not what seems??? Your cooking advice is whats not trustworthy! Six hours of mush... I'm tempted to send Onion Petey up to take care of you effete Rhode Island yacht owners who try to mislead a Florida pauper. You'll like him, he eats nothing but raw onions and he drinks nothing but whiskey. He will cram that mush down your gullet with glee.