What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

December 7th, 2016 at 1:51:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Another Star Wars movie coming out
this month? We just had one last year.

Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, the plan is for there to be a new Star Wars movie every December for the rest of eternity.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2016 at 2:13:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, the plan is for there to be a new Star Wars movie every December for the rest of eternity.

There's another one coming in May
of next year. Both started filming
a year and a half ago.

'In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set for release on May 26, 2017, forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977.'
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 7th, 2016 at 2:21:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Well, that's the plan anyway.

The reality is the public at large will get tired of Star Wars movies, then the fans will criticize them, then they'll lie low for a few years, then they'll do another reboot: Episode X The Force Reawakens From Its Nap.

I hope before the lull they make an Admiral Thrawn movie.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 7th, 2016 at 2:40:38 PM permalink
Nareed
On the other hand, Disney could sell SW to Paramount, then they could do a Trek-SW crossover reboot movie.

In the climactic scene, a young Ensign Picard takes on Darth Vader to avenge the death of his mentor Captain Kirk.
December 7th, 2016 at 4:25:03 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
There's another one coming in May
of next year. Both started filming
a year and a half ago.

'In addition, Iger confirmed that Rian Johnson will write and direct Star Wars: Episode VIII. The film, which continues the saga after the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is set for release on May 26, 2017, forty years and a day after the release of Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977.'

Nope. Episode VIII got pushed back to December 2017 after Episode VII did so well opening over the holidays last year...

I think Episode IX is still scheduled to open May 2019, but it will get pushed back to December 2019 as well. Mark my words.
December 7th, 2016 at 4:31:47 PM permalink
ams288
Also, the Star Wars movie scheduled for 2018 is an origin story about young Han Solo and Chewbacca.

That one still has a release date of May 2018 according to IMDB.

I'm betting that moves to December 2018 as well... only caveat there is Avatar 2 is supposed to open in December 2018 as well...
December 7th, 2016 at 4:37:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Nope. Episode VIII got pushed back to December 2017

See? The Force has already pushed the Snooze Button as the fan prophecy foretold :)

Fan Prophecy:

Episode VIII: The Force Pushes the Snooze Button

Episode IX: The Force Is Late for Work
December 7th, 2016 at 4:45:28 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Nareed
See? The Force has already pushed the Snooze Button as the fan prophecy foretold :)

Fan Prophecy:

Episode VIII: The Force Pushes the Snooze Button

Episode IX: The Force Is Late for Work

December 7th, 2016 at 5:08:55 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I've got a new Favorite Charles Bronson Movie - "Hard Times" - 1975

yeah, for some reason never saw it till now

It's got everything you would want - fighting, gambling [with authenticity btw*], prostitutes, Black Gospel music, cajuns, bears, alligators, a guy [Bronson]who tells a broad to take it or leave it - what more could you want?

Just saying

*including a craps scene where James Coburn tries to make a point and 7s-out - that's unusual depth
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 7th, 2016 at 5:40:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
I've got a new Favorite Charles Bronson Movie - "Hard Times" - 1975

yeah, for some reason never saw it till now

It's got everything you would want - fighting, gambling [with authenticity btw*], prostitutes, Black Gospel music, cajuns, bears, alligators, a guy [Bronson]who tells a broad to take it or leave it - what more could you want?

Just saying

*including a craps scene where James Coburn tries to make a point and 7s-out - that's unusual depth

What a great movie
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"