What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

December 25th, 2023 at 1:38:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
The Barbie movie, non-woke?

Insane take, but glad you enjoyed it.

Look I unblocked you for now. We'll see how long that lasts.

'The Barbie movie isn’t woke. In fact, it’s the opposite It’s refreshingly normal.' https://www.based-politics.com/2023/07/29/the-barbie-movie-isnt-woke-in-fact-its-the-opposite/

Lots of Articles like this one out there. If you thought Barbie was woke you obviously have no idea what woke means.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 26th, 2023 at 7:03:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Look I unblocked you for now. We'll see how long that lasts.

'The Barbie movie isn’t woke. In fact, it’s the opposite It’s refreshingly normal.' https://www.based-politics.com/2023/07/29/the-barbie-movie-isnt-woke-in-fact-its-the-opposite/

Lots of Articles like this one out there. If you thought Barbie was woke you obviously have no idea what woke means.

Frodo BagginsBen Shapiro (and pretty much every other right wing talking head) vehemently disagrees with you.

Quote:
My producers dragged me to see ‘Barbie’ and it was one of the most woke movies I have ever seen. My full review of this flaming garbage heap of a film will be out on my YouTube channel tomorrow at 10am ET.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 26th, 2023 at 7:08:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
He might have been paid; it would be pretty brilliant if he had been.

Think about it-I'd say that rant seemed out of character, even for Ben Shapiro. His video is sitting at 2.9M views and I imagine a high percentage of those came within the first week, or so. How many people do you think got talked into seeing the movie when he was, ostensibly, trying to talk them out of possibly seeing the movie?

Can you imagine? How many people who don't like Shapiro went to see the movie out of spite?

"Here's $100,000, Ben, what we need you to do is trash this movie for us, but really sell it."
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 26th, 2023 at 7:50:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Mission146

Think about it-I'd say that rant seemed out of character, even for Ben Shapiro. His video is sitting at 2.9M views and I imagine a high percentage of those came within the first week, or so. How many people do you think got talked into seeing the movie when he was, ostensibly, trying to talk them out of possibly seeing the movie?

Can you imagine? How many people who don't like Shapiro went to see the movie out of spite?

"Here's $100,000, Ben, what we need you to do is trash this movie for us, but really sell it."

Ben Shapiro is a jackass. He's all about money, he'll take any position if you pay him enough. Barbie is a funny critique on modern feminism and it has nothing to do with wokeness.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 26th, 2023 at 7:54:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146

Rumor that Elvis Presley manager also made money selling "I hate Elvis" stuff. Makes sense, especially when there are always people sick of overly popular celebs worship.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 26th, 2023 at 10:42:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob

Ben Shapiro is a jackass. He's all about money, he'll take any position if you pay him enough. Barbie is a funny critique on modern feminism and it has nothing to do with wokeness.

I have no idea who he is, but I agree with his philosophy. It is all about the money.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 26th, 2023 at 11:42:28 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote:
My producers dragged me to see ‘Barbie’ and it was one of the most woke movies I have ever seen. My full review of this flaming garbage heap of a film will be out on my YouTube channel tomorrow at 10am ET.

I'm sure the producers of Barbie are crying all the way to the bank after Ben's astute review. The movie has made $1.442 Billion-with a "B"- in box office. Imagine how much more it would've made if it wasn't so woke, or if Ben actually liked it...
December 26th, 2023 at 11:42:28 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
dup...
December 26th, 2023 at 12:28:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: GenoDRPh
The movie has made $1.442 Billion-with a "B"- in box office. Imagine how much more it would've made if it wasn't so woke, or if Ben actually liked it...

The movie is NOT woke, that's why it made one and a half billion dollars. All the latest Disney movies are woke that's why they all lost huge amounts of money. This isn't brain surgery, I don't know why people are not understanding this. People went to see Barbie because they didn't get a woke agenda shoved down their throats like they do with the Disney movies. If Barbie was woke I would have quit watching it 10 minutes in but I watched and enjoyed the whole thing. It's a tongue in cheek movie about feminism which is nothing new. They just did it in a new way. If you think it's woke please tell me about the woke things that you saw. I didn't see any. Or so few that you can't really count them. Like there's a transgender Barbie but they don't make a big deal out of it, it's a token. There's a fat Barbie, same thing. It's meant to be funny, not to force you to follow some kind of agenda.
December 26th, 2023 at 12:35:44 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m starting to get what’s going on here.

Barbie is the biggest hit of the year.

It is absolutely, 100% woke. An extremely pro-feminist film with a cast filled with minorities, lesbians, transgendered actors, etc. about how horrible and stupid the patriarchy is.

To admit that it is woke goes against the “go woke, get broke” lie that righties spout so EB is pretending it isn’t woke and that’s why it made so much money.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman