What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

September 21st, 2015 at 11:55:23 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Saw a preview for "The Martian" with Matt Damon. When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be a comedy remake of the Ray Walston/Bill Bixby T.V. show "My Favorite Martian"

but actually the preview makes it appear to be more of a "MacGyver" meets "Gravity" on Mars. Which is really weird because Matt Damon was recently in "Interstellar" playing a similar "stranded astronaut" role.
September 21st, 2015 at 12:33:42 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
be aware that was hi-tech special effects of the day, having the antennae spring up on Walston like that

loved that show back in those days
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 21st, 2015 at 12:36:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
Saw a preview for "The Martian" with Matt Damon. When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be a comedy remake of the Ray Walston/Bill Bixby T.V. show "My Favorite Martian"

There was such a movie not too long ago. I think Christopher Lloyd was in it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 21st, 2015 at 5:50:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ayecarumba
Saw a preview for "The Martian" with Matt Damon. When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be a comedy remake of the Ray Walston/Bill Bixby T.V. show "My Favorite Martian" but actually the preview makes it appear to be more of a "MacGyver" meets "Gravity" on Mars. Which is really weird because Matt Damon was recently in "Interstellar" playing a similar "stranded astronaut" role.

Reading the book
Really good
Talk about do it yourself for everything, even have to make water from Hydrogen and Oxygen
Looking forward to the movie.
He's got a small team habitat designed and supplied for a few weeks and has stretch it out to over a year to survive
Book is very realistic on how he does it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 24th, 2015 at 5:12:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just rented "Mad Max Fury Road"

Good enough popcorn movie. I wouldn't watch it again, unless it's on late on free TV.

Not sure if I can remember a lead character with less dialogue than Max.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 24th, 2015 at 5:47:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Just rented "Mad Max Fury Road"

Good enough popcorn movie. I wouldn't watch it again, unless it's on late on free TV.

Not sure if I can remember a lead character with less dialogue than Max.

I loved the movie. Yea its a popcorn movie, but a real well done popcorn movie.
As to dialogue, yea but then Max never did talk a lot in previous movies
A few Arnold movies come to mind such as Red Heat and the Terminator movies
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 15th, 2015 at 1:31:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
future movie speculation talk

Quote:
We recently heard reports that two of the most legendary creatures in cinematic history, King Kong and Godzilla, could possibly collide on screen at some point in the future. As incredible as that sounds, and as much as fanboys across the land have dreamed of such a scenario, there is one giant logistical hurdle to overcome: size.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, over the course of discussions about such a massive crossover potentially happening, one big point was repeatedly brought up that could prove to be an insurmountable obstacle. As huge as the greatest of the great apes is, the King of the Monsters is much, much bigger.

While King Kong is big enough to grab Fay Wray (or Naomi Watts depending on which version you’re talking about) and scale the Empire State Building, swatting at pesky airplanes and helicopters along the way, Godzilla is the same height as the skyscrapers. Godzilla would basically just step on King Kong, light him on fire with his atomic breath for good measure, and call it an early night.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Legendary-Realizes-There-King-Kong-Godzilla-Size-Problem-83137.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2015 at 1:47:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
future movie speculation talk

Clearly a job for Pinky and The Brain and Raymond Burr :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 15th, 2015 at 9:30:42 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Godzilla and King Kong fought n the early 1960's. I don't know if they made Godzilla smaller or King Kong bigger, but it looks like the latter.
In 1933 Kong's "official" height (from the posters) is 50 feet. He was closer to 19 feet tall in the jungle and close to 25 feet when in New York City.while the full sized hand of Kong was built in scale with a 70-foot ape.

This resulted in King Kong (1976) Kong was scaled to be 42 feet tall on Skull island and rescaled to be 55 feet tall in New York.

10 years later, DDL received permission from Universal to do a sequel," King Kong Lives" . Kong more or less had the same appearance and abilities, only he tended to walk on his knuckles more often and was enlarged, being scaled to be 60 feet.
October 18th, 2015 at 12:15:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The Brando bio pic is getting super reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/listen_to_me_marlon/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.