What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

February 22nd, 2016 at 7:44:12 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I'm a fan of Christopher Walken, but I didn't like him as Captain Hook in that recent live tv production of Peter Pan.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 22nd, 2016 at 7:57:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Walken is quirky, he seldom fits well into any
roll.

I forget which actor (younger actor) who played opposite Walken in one of his later movies told this story on a talk show how Walken needed some help with remembering his lines, so he made the young actor wear post it notes on his forehead when the back of his head was shown, while Walker read them in his typical halting style. Hilarious.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 22nd, 2016 at 8:10:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I forget which actor (younger actor) who played opposite Walken in one of his later movies told this story on a talk show how Walken needed some help with remembering his lines, so he made the young actor wear post it notes on his forehead when the back of his head was shown, while Walker read them in his typical halting style. Hilarious.

Stolen from Brando. He did the same thing, taped
lines to foreheads, clothes, had them written on
ceilings and walls. He would forget a line as soon
as he read it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2016 at 2:43:42 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Dalex64
I'm a fan of Christopher Walken, but I didn't like him as Captain Hook in that recent live tv production of Peter Pan.

Most Oscar winning actors inevitably begin to make more commercial and lucrative films as they get older. What is odd about Christopher Walken is that although he is one of the most recognized actors in the world, his films have not really been that big of commercial hits.

In the four decades since the Deer Hunter, his biggest commercial films were ones where he played a supporting role. DeNiro transformed himself about 1999 into a much more commercial actor with "Analyze This".

Christopher Walken's Five biggest Domestic Films adjusted to tickets sold (out of 58 films)
Batman Returns 6/19/1992
Wedding Crashers 7/15/2005
Catch Me If You Can 12/25/2002
Click 6/23/2006
The Deer Hunter 12/8/1978

Robert Deniro's Six biggest Domestic Films adjusted to tickets sold (out of 78 films)
Meet the Fockers 12/22/2004
Meet the Parents 10/6/2000
Shark Tale 10/1/2004
The Godfather Part II 12/12/1974
Analyze This 3/5/1999
The Deer Hunter 12/8/1978

Some people seem to think that DeNiro has decided to completely step all over his acting legacy.
February 23rd, 2016 at 4:14:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Walken is quirky, he seldom fits well into any
roll. He was believable in CMIYC. He plays a
good bad guy, or Mafia guy. He's a natural
villain. The book CMIYC was much better
than the movie. They really downplayed how
much of a crook the kid was in the movie.
When he went to prison in France, it was
unspeakable what they did to him there.
That isn't in the movie at all.

One of my all time favorite Walken parts is actually a comedy
Balls of fury
Its a hoot
Ping pong movie
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 23rd, 2016 at 5:35:25 AM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
Just saw Christopher Walken again in another movie.

Let me see if I can keep from stepping on Bob's toes on this.

"Catch Me if You Can" 2002, a movie about a con-man. I tend to like those kinds of movies, and this is a real-life story, even better. Walken plays the flaky father of the con-man. I recommend the movie; I don't remember any fuss about it when it came out, and it is possible I ignored it because I took an instant dislike to DiCaprio before I actually saw him in anything LOL. Since then he has won me over, and that is not easy for a young actor to do with me.

This is a great movie, I have it on DVD. The broad strokes are all true, too.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 23rd, 2016 at 9:28:23 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: terapined
One of my all time favorite Walken parts is actually a comedy
Balls of fury
Its a hoot
Ping pong movie

Balls of Fury is hilarious. I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed "Airplane!"

"The Dead Zone" is one of my favorite movies with Christopher Walken. As Stephen King based movies go, it is number three on my list, trailing "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Stand By Me"; and in front of "The Green Mile".
February 23rd, 2016 at 12:16:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin

Christopher Walken's Five biggest Domestic Films adjusted to tickets sold (out of 58 films)
Batman Returns 6/19/1992
Wedding Crashers 7/15/2005
Catch Me If You Can 12/25/2002
Click 6/23/2006

Click made money? It was an awful movie
and Walken had a small part in it. It was
so bad I had to FF thru a lot of it, just
like he was doing with his life in the movie.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2016 at 1:03:01 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Click made money? It was an awful movie
and Walken had a small part in it. It was
so bad I had to FF thru a lot of it, just
like he was doing with his life in the movie.

Adam Sandler movies make money. Many people deride them. They still do their job for the producers. And Sandler. Click grossed $237 million world wide, $137 million of that in the US. It does make you realize that good doesn't always sell.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 23rd, 2016 at 1:06:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
I liked Sandler in Anger Management and the one
where he was a star and thought he was dying.
Click was just terrible.