Original Sin?

March 8th, 2015 at 5:19:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Jesus is infinitely kind, merciful, understanding, and forgiving in regards to our own moral faults and mistakes. However, when you a wolf dress up in sheep's clothing and attempt to lead other people astray look out! Read some of what Jesus tells to the Pharisees of His day or how about this quote, "It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble." (Lk. 17:2) Yeah, I guess it is fair to say that they should have known better.

So we're supposed to love "people" like Stalin or Hitler. But if someone disagrees with church dogma and says so, we're supposed to kill them. Because Jehovah and Jesus says so.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 8th, 2015 at 5:52:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed
So we're supposed to love "people" like Stalin or Hitler. But if someone disagrees with church dogma and says so, we're supposed to kill them. Because Jehovah and Jesus says so.

Apparently that's the way the HS rides, Nareed.
Mass murderers get a pardon, and heretics
get their choice of how they want to die.

(not really, they don't get a choice)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 8th, 2015 at 6:24:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

No, we are called to love everyone I think we covered this already. However, I imagine you can understand that the Church would hold its religious to a higher standard. It's a little like the difference between premarital sex and adultery. One might not know any better, but the other one has made solemn vows. At least go through the divorce before you go all crazy. It is a serious deal when someone pretending to be a cleric leads people astray. If after repeated attempts over and over to stop this person fail what did you do back in those days? Again this is from two men of the cloth that supposedly should have know better. When you are dealing with atheists like Stalin you really can't be too sure they really have a firm grasp on morality. They might think they are just doing what they think is right, or they might be in their own mind just acting selfishly. If there is no moral authority to ground right or wrong objectively these poor atheists become their own judge of morality. It is so very sad, but it is more consistent with their sickness than with those who profess to follow Christ and teach the opposite.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 8th, 2015 at 6:46:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Again this is from two men of the cloth that supposedly should have know better. When you are dealing with atheists like Stalin you really can't be too sure they really have a firm grasp on morality. They might think they are just doing what they think is right, or they might be in their own mind just acting selfishly.

I do get it:

Jehovah has a big problem with disagreements. Giordano Bruno was worse than Stalin.
March 8th, 2015 at 7:02:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Giordano Bruno was worse than Stalin.

Heretics threaten the Church's foundation, mass murderers
do not. Cults are famous for making speaking out about
or against any policy of the organization the worst crime
you can commit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 8th, 2015 at 7:13:29 PM permalink
FrGamble
I know I'm not supposed to do this, but both Nareed and Evenbob via PM authorized me to speak for them that they secretly believe in God deeply and their posts here are only an act.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 8th, 2015 at 7:22:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I know I'm not supposed to do this, but both Nareed and Evenbob via PM authorized me to speak for them that they secretly believe in God deeply and their posts here are only an act.

I lol'd. I doubt Nareed will XD
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 8th, 2015 at 7:29:20 PM permalink
Nareed

I wonder if I should sue for slander. Try as I might, I can't come up with legal grounds to involve the Catholic church.
March 8th, 2015 at 7:43:01 PM permalink
FrGamble
My point is we obviously treat those who claim to have inside information differently. When we at least pretend to speak for someone we take on extra responsibility and can get sued, banned, or in the middle ages burned at the stake. If I would simply have said I speak for myself and not for Nareed than I am off the hook as a crazy person and so would have poor Bruno.
March 8th, 2015 at 7:45:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Of course if you were a secret Theist it would explain the crazy comparison of what Bruno did to what Stalin did. Of all the dousies, and you've had plenty, that one might take the cake.