Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

August 5th, 2021 at 2:39:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
This---------->>>

Based on what? Compared to what? What's the comparative risk to other risks that you see? Why is it so risky?

I can believe a lot of things also and state no data at all. That's easy and unconvincing.

Here is the thing. I am not trying to convince you. I do not care if you or anybody else gets it or not. It is what it is.

My body, my choice. Your body, your choice.
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2021 at 7:24:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Heat wave effects.

Quote:
More than half of the cherry crop in western Canada was damaged in late June, according to the British Columbia Fruit Growers Association. “It seems like somebody took a blowtorch to it and just singed it,” said Pinder Dhaliwal, the association’s president, to CBC News. Even cherries that looked untouched from the outside were cooked, he added, appearing hot all the way through to the pit.

Growers and their respective associations also reported that raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries were baked across the northern west coast before they could be picked, and stone fruits and apples were damaged and burned from the high temperatures. Experts from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) have expressed concern that shriveled wheat berries and diminished kernels will mean a drastic reduction in wheat production this season.

Temperatures above 95F (35C) have also been found to change parts of potatoes from starch to sugar and stunt their growth. Meanwhile, a drought-induced shortage of California’s thirsty tomatoes, used for processing, is expected to spike prices for the foods made from them, like pizza sauce and ketchup.

Aside from an estimated billion costal sea creatures and plants, which may affect the food chain that feeds on them.

However, I’m not predicting anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2021 at 7:28:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Heat wave effects.

Aside from an estimated billion costal sea creatures and plants, which may affect the food chain that feeds on them.

However, I’m not predicting anything.

So a news article about weather. Seen them all my life.
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2021 at 7:40:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
So a news article about weather. Seen them all my life.

You can also call bankruptcy, just a little debt. And a tornado, “windy” and death, a long nap.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 5th, 2021 at 8:32:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You can also call bankruptcy, just a little debt. And a tornado, “windy” and death, a long nap.

And you call weather weather. See, we have had droughts, heat waves, and cold snaps for thousands of years. We will have them for thousands more. To say they are because of some made up "climate change" all of the sudden is intellectually lazy and dishonest.
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2021 at 8:59:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
is intellectually lazy and dishonest.

You mean the scientists who do the job full time are intellectually lazy and dishonest and you're the enlightened one for one hour a month or whatever you have thought about it?

And I suppose oil companies have always told the truth, and the climate scientists are lying because money doesn't effect the oil companies judgment.

You'd be better off staying quiet.
August 5th, 2021 at 10:36:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You mean the scientists who do the job full time are intellectually lazy and dishonest and you're the enlightened one for one hour a month or whatever you have thought about it?

And I suppose oil companies have always told the truth, and the climate scientists are lying because money doesn't effect the oil companies judgment.

You'd be better off staying quiet.

Oil companies are not pushing an agenda to get more and more government funding, climate "scientists" are.

And yes, calling any kind of bad weather event "climate change" is intellectually lazy, I do not care if the one saying it calls themselves a "scientist."
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2021 at 2:30:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I always laugh at people when they speak of hurricanes. To me it is just wind and rain.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 5th, 2021 at 2:33:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
I always laugh at people when they speak of hurricanes. To me it is just wind and rain.

i stayed once through a Category 2. That was enough for me. Just watching the tall pines lean over my house in the gusts of wind made me nervous enough.
August 12th, 2021 at 12:10:44 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Egad: the wildfires in Siberia are worse than the rest of the fires burning elsewhere in the world.

Not surprising.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/siberian-wildfires-now-bigger-fires-world-combined/story?id=79422602&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_image