Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

June 20th, 2022 at 5:35:42 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I envision improving battery tech
If I wanted to
I could boondock and watch TV every night
Pretty cool with the right solar/battery kit

Do you think the TV station can survive on batteries for a night or even several days or more in a storm. So much for your TV. Your tunnel vision is incredible.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 20th, 2022 at 5:39:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Do you think the TV station can survive on batteries for a night or even several days or more in a storm. So much for your TV. Your tunnel vision is incredible.

They can broadcast when they have power. People could record it then and watch it anytime. If it came to that. Kind of like we do now, or since video recording machines became usable.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2022 at 5:39:40 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
I've never envisioned relying on one renewable, so that's not been my point. But people survived without gasoline and electricity before, you know. Apparently, it's not impossible.

It is going to take quite a battery pack to power the pentagon overnight. Maybe we can just shut it down for the night and ask our enemies to only attack us in the daytime. Or we could do what is done now have carbon based back up systems both on the grid and in building in case of emergency.
June 20th, 2022 at 5:43:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

You still watching TV????????????.
Still have a land line :-)
The people have moved on
It's all about the internet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 20th, 2022 at 5:43:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It is going to take quite a battery pack to power the pentagon overnight. Maybe we can just shut it down for the night and ask our enemies to only attack us in the daytime. Or we could do what is done now have carbon based back up systems both on the grid and in building in case of emergency.

They can run on laptops
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 20th, 2022 at 5:50:58 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
They can run on laptops

I wasn't aware that laptops had furnaces in them. I guess they don't need lights could use carbon based candles. Don't need the security systems or cameras to work. Don't need the supercomputers that keep monitoring the communications. Like I said tunnel vision.
June 20th, 2022 at 6:12:01 PM permalink
rxwine

If our enemies aren't in the same predicament we're done anyway. Even the military's Cheyanne mountain facility isn't designed to last very long. That was vulnerable to destruction by the mid-70s with improved long range ballistic missiles.

Besides the military is going to do what it is going to do to back itself up. For all I know, they're backed up with some super secret power source that wouldn't be available to anyone else anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2022 at 6:46:45 PM permalink
kenarman
If our enemies aren't in the same predicament we're done anyway. Even the military's Cheyanne mountain facility isn't designed to last very long. That was vulnerable to destruction by the mid-70s with improved long range ballistic missiles.

Besides the military is going to do what it is going to do to back itself up. For all I know, they're backed up with some super secret power source that wouldn't be available to anyone else anyway.

You have finally got to the crux of the issue. Our enemies won't be in same position because they are not destroying their oil industry but expanding it.
June 20th, 2022 at 6:46:46 PM permalink
kenarman

You have finally got to the crux of the issue. Our enemies won't be in same position because they are not destroying their oil industry but expanding it.
June 20th, 2022 at 7:08:25 PM permalink
rxwine
You just want climate change 'cause Canada will have decent weather.