Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

August 1st, 2022 at 5:28:55 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
He loves his scooter
It's an Apollo Explore
He uses it so much, hasn't gotten his car fixed.
As you can see he takes precautions since this is his main mode of transportation

KEY SPECS$1199
Single motor & up to 31 MPH speed.
Up to 34 miles of range.
52LB weight & 265LB max load.
Dual spring suspension system.
Folding handlebars & stem.

I think you would have to take precautions with your knees and head at speeds up to 30 mph.
The 52 lb weight is a lot to carry up a flight of stairs.
I can't imagine those rental scooters go anywhere near that speed.
August 1st, 2022 at 5:48:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
KEY SPECS$1199
Single motor & up to 31 MPH speed.
Up to 34 miles of range.
52LB weight & 265LB max load.
Dual spring suspension system.
Folding handlebars & stem.

I think you would have to take precautions with your knees and head at speeds up to 30 mph.
The 52 lb weight is a lot to carry up a flight of stairs.
I can't imagine those rental scooters go anywhere near that speed.

He told me if he was in the market today for a new scooter, this is what he would buy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 1st, 2022 at 9:21:23 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
If yahoo told me to do it, no questions asked, I’d do it.
August 2nd, 2022 at 4:42:25 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: terapined
He told me if he was in the market today for a new scooter, this is what he would buy

The Ferraris of the electric scooter world. The slow one goes up to 42.5 mph and the fast one goes 60.0 mph. Just what I would want for my grandchildren!
August 2nd, 2022 at 5:43:45 AM permalink
terapined
The Ferraris of the electric scooter world. The slow one goes up to 42.5 mph and the fast one goes 60.0 mph. Just what I would want for my grandchildren!

His current scooter Apollo Explore
He upgraded the wheels and he says it's really improved the ride. Took off the 2.5 inch tires and put on 3 inch tires
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 2nd, 2022 at 10:30:38 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The Ferraris of the electric scooter world.

Oh, so they're too complicated for a DIY mechanic to work on, parts are either unavailable or prohibitively expensive, and they will spend a good chunk of their live looking pretty but unused due to fear of catastrophic problems?

Ask me,,,the man who knows: I owned a Ferrari for ten years.

Very interesting; as in the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times."
August 2nd, 2022 at 10:44:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I once pulled around a car on a motorcycle and hit a tire. Fortunately it wasn’t enough to throw me. I would hate to take a header on one of those. Thumbs up to anyone who wants to ride one though at those speeds.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 2nd, 2022 at 1:08:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: missedhervee
Oh, so they're too complicated for a DIY mechanic to work on, parts are either unavailable or prohibitively expensive, and they will spend a good chunk of their live looking pretty but unused due to fear of catastrophic problems?

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around spending $5000 on a kick scooter that goes 60 mph.

This one costs $6700 and goes up to 70 mph (Rion Apex)
https://alienrides.com/products/rion-apex-fastest-electric-scooter
August 2nd, 2022 at 1:49:08 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee

Ask me,,,the man who knows: I owned a Ferrari for ten years.

Very interesting; as in the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times."

Overall
A good priced scooter will probably give you at least a year of everyday dependability with moderate use. Probably more. Biggest problem is really just a flat and that could be rare if you pay close attention to your tires like I do on my bike. After a couple years may need a new battery but it's nowhere near the cost of a new electric car battery
Electric motors are just so dependable these days. They just run and run and run. No comparison to a high tech Italian gas engine that has all those moving parts. I imagine high prices of scooters are due mostly to Battery, high tech materials and suspension design. Overall these are pretty simple machines. That's probably why there are so many different brands
August 2nd, 2022 at 2:03:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I imagine more than that Terapined. I got almost 4 years out of my electric bike battery. Though the last year was what I would call a barely assist electric.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?