In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 8th, 2020 at 11:05:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
You got fooled. Most by far of what was dropped in the Gulf War was Vietnam surplus.

There were quite a few fancy cruise missile shots featured with precise placement though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2020 at 11:33:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
There were quite a few fancy cruise missile shots featured with precise placement though.

Just a few. I remember reading how the media played it up. BTW many of them were Vietnam.
The President is a fink.
January 8th, 2020 at 11:34:37 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
You got fooled. Most by far of what was dropped in the Gulf War was Vietnam surplus.

As far as my perceived insult to EB, I'm sorry I'm not sorry, because this is the kind of language that is used on a daily basis. "You got fooled" is attacking the writer, not the writing, right? AZ could've just said "most by far of what was dropped in the Gulf War was Vietnam surplus", but he had to throw the first part in about DRich being gullible.

If you want to moderate Mission, you got a lot of work to do, and most of it's past due. But this is an internet board with the same handful of random people talking about a divisive subject in a polarized America. Nobody came here looking for a safe place.

That being said, I'll try to do my part and tone it down.
January 8th, 2020 at 11:50:08 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
there has never been a stealth airplane.
January 8th, 2020 at 11:52:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Just a few. I remember reading how the media played it up. BTW many of them were Vietnam.

Virtually all of the aerial footage and hits were what the military wanted to show.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 8th, 2020 at 12:06:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
there has never been a stealth airplane.

I have a feeling they are less useful now than in the beginning, but probably still can get in closer than a normal aircraft before being detected.
January 8th, 2020 at 12:27:41 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
BTW many of them were Vietnam.

The Tomahawk was developed in ~1983.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 8th, 2020 at 12:40:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
the techniques of stealth relied on surfaces that absorbed radar waves or scattered them in a direction other than that which would reflect a radar wave back to its transmitter. The trouble was that by "radar waves" they meant "those in frequencies commonly encountered". Using a museum-piece radar set always showed a "stealth" airplane easily.

Now, its easier to detect the wake turbulence and just assume the stealth plane is just ahead of its wake.
January 8th, 2020 at 12:41:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Tripdufan
But this is an internet board with the same handful of random people talking about a divisive subject in a polarized America. Nobody came here looking for a safe place.

I agree with that, but we can still have a battlefield, and a bloody one, whilst following certain Rules of Engagement.

Besides, is it more humiliating to insult someone, or to take a whole litany of ideas that they have presented and logically/factually destroy every single one of them? I will grant the former is the easier thing to do.

Quote:
That being said, I'll try to do my part and tone it down.

Cool, I thank you for that as a discusser of topics! Again, my post shouldn't be taken as in the context of a moderator.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 8th, 2020 at 1:22:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
The Tomahawk was developed in ~1983.

It was but it is a cruise missile not the smart bombs that were “dropped.” Those were developed at tail of Vietnam.
The President is a fink.