In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2020 at 1:03:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
False comparison. Not being allowed to use playground equipment for a few weeks for sanitation reasons is not the same as systemic abuse of a whole race.

Not false at all. It is a perfect example and comparison. In fact it is police state abuse of a whole society, not a whole race.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 1:10:17 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Not false at all. It is a perfect example and comparison. In fact it is police state abuse of a whole society, not a whole race.

It is not a police state. If it was everyone at the house would have been arrested.

She was arrested for being where she legally could not be, she knew in advance. She ignored orders and warnings to leave. The park was closed to the public, she was there illegally and was arrested.

She went there to make a statement. She had to go out of her way to get arrested. She was not snatched off the street randomly. This story continues to be taken out of context.

For the record She planned her arrest. She wanted to be arrested in front of her children. Her intent was to get arrested while using her children as a shield.
People still do not seem to understand that this was a planned event. This was not some random aloof mother snatched up at a park.
April 24th, 2020 at 1:14:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
It is not a police state. If it was everyone at the house would have been arrested.

She was arrested for being where she legally could not be, she knew in advance. She ignored orders and warnings to leave. The park was closed to the public, she was there illegally and was arrested.

She went there to make a statement. She had to go out of her way to get arrested. She was not snatched off the street randomly. This story continues to be taken out of context.

For the record She planned her arrest. She wanted to be arrested in front of her children. Her intent was to get arrested while using her children as a shield.
People still do not seem to understand that this was a planned event. This was not some random aloof mother snatched up at a park.

Planned or not does not matter. It is a protest against the current police state the USA has become under the china virus scare.
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 1:56:24 PM permalink
Gandler

Planned or not does not matter. It is a protest against the current police state the USA has become under the china virus scare.

It is not a proper protest because she used her children to shield her. And, she was somewhere where she was prohibited to be.

If she was on a public right of way (like the nutbags outside the Offcer's home) it would be a legitimate protest. But, she broke into somewhere where she was not allowed to be, and used her children as a shield. It was not a legitimate protest. And, before you say right to peacefully assemble, that does not give you a right to enter restricted property. Breaking and entering already breaches the threshold of "peaceful" ..... Also, I am shocked that more people are not outraged at her use of children as a shield even if you agree with her point of view......
April 24th, 2020 at 2:06:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman

It is not a proper protest because she used her children to shield her. And, she was somewhere where she was prohibited to be.

If she was on a public right of way (like the nutbags outside the Offcer's home) it would be a legitimate protest. But, she broke into somewhere where she was not allowed to be, and used her children as a shield. It was not a legitimate protest. And, before you say right to peacefully assemble, that does not give you a right to enter restricted property. Breaking and entering already breaches the threshold of "peaceful" ..... Also, I am shocked that more people are not outraged at her use of children as a shield even if you agree with her point of view......

There was no "breaking and entering." You are not talking like a silly. Let me explain it to you directly. You may enjoy sitting home under house arrest watching your rights get taken away all under the guise of the china virus. But lots of people have had enough of this. There is no reason to close a playground in an area that is not a hot area like NYC. She was there alone. This is what a police state does. You are backing the police state.

Now you are saying what a "proper protest" is? Let me guess, it would be a proper protest if they were demanding UBI?
The President is a fink.
April 24th, 2020 at 2:12:07 PM permalink
Gandler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5v1wndYGOw

I challenge anyone to watch the video and say that the woman (only one who was arrested, the rest voluntarily complied) acted rationally.

They posted on social media to the town that they were going to do this. They destroyed the caution tape barricades and vandalized the signs. They were behaving like animals trying to provoke a reaction.

Look at the protests outside of city hall like I stated earlier. After that failed because they have no ground to stand on, they start stalking off duty Officers.

She is 100% in the wrong and the protesters have no logic on their side (also they are not practicing social distancing in their protest).

Also, I read from another source that she refuses to vaccinate her children. Another instance of child endangerment in my book. And, she is a member of many such organizations that take advantage of every moment like this to protest.

Again, a planned publicity stunt by a far right woman, not an innocent mother accidentally entering a park....
April 24th, 2020 at 2:22:36 PM permalink
Gandler

There was no "breaking and entering." You are not talking like a silly. Let me explain it to you directly. You may enjoy sitting home under house arrest watching your rights get taken away all under the guise of the china virus. But lots of people have had enough of this. There is no reason to close a playground in an area that is not a hot area like NYC. She was there alone. This is what a police state does. You are backing the police state.

Now you are saying what a "proper protest" is? Let me guess, it would be a proper protest if they were demanding UBI?

Sorry, I have two essential jobs and have been working nonstop. I am not retired, so I don't have the luxury of sitting home all day.

She was arrested for trespassing, so there empirically was. Go look up the public records yourself if you don't believe me.

I am a member of some groups that campaign for UBI. We are very careful in our movements, we comply with all laws. We go out of our way to have a good image, this would never be allowed. Also, we campaign, we do not protest. We make sure members who represent in public wear masks and practice social distancing and follow social distancing. But, more importantly we do not have events right now. So, no, I would not support any UBI group that engages in this behavior, I would quickly leave..... I hold myself to a higher standard of social responsibility.
April 24th, 2020 at 2:27:47 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Too many people are sitting home begging for and cheering their rights being taken away over a china virus that is really just another flu.

Please!!!!! It is NOT just another flu! NYC had a thousand a day dying for a while. Not a thousand a month. A thousand a day. You lose all credibility when you say something as stupid as that!

Say...... "I am against the draconian measures taken to combat the coronavirus."

Say...... "I am for opening the economy because the negatives of crushing the economy are greater than the risk of more deaths."

Say..... "I want to be able to make my own decision on how much social distancing I will do."

Say.... "I value my civil liberties more than the risk of death of unknown members of society."

IT'S NOT JUST ANOTHER FLU.
April 24th, 2020 at 2:40:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Also this is a quote from her “That’s no different than Nazi Germany, where you had government telling people, ‘You are an essential worker or a nonessential worker,’ and the nonessential workers got put on a train.”
https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/idaho-representative-compares-lockdown-to-nazi-treatment-of-jews/
(Not her quote correction, got articles mixed up, her rep who she reposted).

Pretty brazen of her to bring her children to a park if she thinks they are going to be stuffed on a train and taken to a camp.

She is a complete nutjob.

Do some more research on her everyone. For goodensake, this is a dumb hill to have your argument die. She is about as extreme as a person as you can get.....

She is also a routinely protests her public school over refusing to vaccinate her kids. She is just a nut, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind. She is also a publicity monger....
April 24th, 2020 at 2:43:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Please!!!!! It is NOT just another flu! NYC had a thousand a day dying for a while. Not a thousand a month. A thousand a day. You lose all credibility when you say something as stupid as that!

Say...... "I am against the draconian measures taken to combat the coronavirus."

Say...... "I am for opening the economy because the negatives of crushing the economy are greater than the risk of more deaths."

Say..... "I want to be able to make my own decision on how much social distancing I will do."

Say.... "I value my civil liberties more than the risk of death of unknown members of society."

IT'S NOT JUST ANOTHER FLU.

Not another flu? Maybe. But it is not what it has been made out to be. What we have spend and the job losses when taken to a per death rate are beyond unacceptable, they are criminal. It appears at worst it will kill 3Xs what the flu usually does. And I completely believe they are over counting. Attributing it to the cause of death when it is not a primary cause.
The President is a fink.